BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

on ifollow you saw the players entering the stadium before they went through the tunnel into the dressing room.

Theo was waiting for them and and welcoming them. I did not see the reaction of all players, but what I saw looked rather friendly

20220417_144252.jpg

20220417_144235.jpg

20220417_143707.jpg

If you look carefully they all have their fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GermanBird said:

@Robdylan  Theo was a loan player, who decided to leave us because we did not change formation to suit him.

He will grow up and learn that you have to adapt to fit into a team. 

Moore went out of his way to sign him as right winger. He then started playing him on the left with MJ as a CB. 

Theo then made the decision along with Wolves that he’d be better suited getting game time and experience playing in his preferred situation. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vulva said:

Moore took the view that at this stage ML was a better player than Corbeanu. And he’s right. Corbeanu could well go on to have a really good career, but we needed it now, not in 4 years. Excellent management by Moore, who was able to rise above the panty wetting on here that went off at the time. 

NML was signed before Theo left. 

NML was signed with question marks surrounding him. 

As good as NML is, he’s actually contributed less in goals and assists than what Theo did. 

It wasn’t excellent management by Moore, as there’s no reason why we couldn’t have kept both of them.

I’m not trying to be argumentative with anyone, I’m just asking why you think it was a blinding decision. 

I just don’t understand that level of thinking. 

He let a talented lad go to a rival league one team. 

His replacement has contributed less and we can still only go up via the play offs. 

So for me, there’s nothing blinding about that business at all. 

It weakened our squad. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robdylan said:

MJ should always have been playing on the left. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club. What should have happened, was that MJ should have played on the left, with Theo on the right. It’s just a shame that Moore couldn’t see that. We wasted the first 3 months of the season and the 13 draws have hampered us. 

I know that Theo didn’t do anything tonight. But there’s nothing to celebrate in losing a talented player to a rival, whilst we’re in 5th position and can only go up via the play offs. 

Nah, TC is nowhere near as effective as Jack Hunt in that role. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

NML was signed before Theo left. 

NML was signed with question marks surrounding him. 

As good as NML is, he’s actually contributed less in goals and assists than what Theo did. 

It wasn’t excellent management by Moore, as there’s no reason why we couldn’t have kept both of them.

I’m not trying to be argumentative with anyone, I’m just asking why you think it was a blinding decision. 

I just don’t understand that level of thinking. 

He let a talented lad go to a rival league one team. 

His replacement has contributed less and we can still only go up via the play offs. 

So for me, there’s nothing blinding about that business at all. 

It weakened our squad. 

He couldn't have kept them both unless TC was starting pretty much every week, which he is nowhere near good enough to be doing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

I think the centre half situation was more of an issue than anything earlier in the season . 

At Shrewsbury the right back kicked Theo up the 4rse a couple of times early on and after that he didn't want to know, obviously Gregory had the same idea last night . 

He had more success in the last 10 mins  of that game in his preferred position on the right.

6 hours ago, GermanBird said:

on ifollow you saw the players entering the stadium before they went through the tunnel into the dressing room.

Theo was waiting for them and and welcoming them. I did not see the reaction of all players, but what I saw looked rather friendly

20220417_144252.jpg

20220417_144235.jpg

20220417_143707.jpg

I’m sure Theo gets along with most of our players. 

But if you’ve ever played against one of your mates before then you know you’ll not hesitate to give him a bit of a kick if you get chance to. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 1961OWL said:

I never understood what people saw in him. Warmed the bench at S6, went back due to lack of game time, moves to MK where, guess what, he is sat warming the bench.

The old saying of show over substance. Yes he has a trick or two and yes he is still developing. 

As proven at both Hillsboro and MK the kid isn’t ready for the week in week out rigours of league 1.

Moore was 100% right and NML is a far better option at this moment in time.

He’s obviously a talent, but he’s still got an awful lot to learn. 

He scored 2 and had 3 assists for us in around 10 games. 

Before NML arrived, we had no better options. 

Nobody had the ability that he had to run at defenders with confidence. 

Now if we’d have had better or more options and we’d have been playing great, then the decision not to have played him would have been justified. Yet at the time, we didn’t have anyone better and we couldn’t beat teams like Lincoln at home. 

NML is a great player on his day, but he’s actually contributed less in goals and assists than Theo this season. 

Theo had a great start at the MK Dons, where he was their player of the month before becoming ill. Since then, he’s struggled to get back into the side as his replacement has been playing consistently well. 

The kid could have been an asset to us over the last 3 months had he have stayed fit. It’s not like we don’t need him as we’ve got loads of better players and are storming the league.

The fact is, we have one similar player who can beat a man in NML, and we’re currently in 5th position. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Theo is a good player

The lesson of this thread is to try and see the bigger picture vs just having an angrymad response against the manager

What’s the bigger picture?

Him leaving weakened our squad. 

He’d have been worth trying to keep a hold of. 

We’ve only got one other player in our squad with his capabilities, who’s actually contributed less, and we’re in 5th where our only hope is going up is via the play offs. 

That’s the big picture.

Hardly a master stroke of a decision. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think by then he already knew that the Shrewsbury game was going to be his last for us and he was going elsewhere. Understandable he wouldn't be fully committed in that game.

I think the booing last night and vitriol against him  on here is pathetic. We should remember he might still have the last laugh if we come up against him in the play offs.

He's only 19 and far for the finished article but I think he will develop and has a big future in the game.

I thought the booing was pathetic and a bit baffling tbh. It’s not like he was dreadful for us and at times looked like the spark we needed. I thought he did okay but I think there is so much more there. I believe he’s also thanked the support when he left. As far as I’m aware he didn’t leave on bad terms.

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Theo on the right ??   In this team ??  No thanks 

Jack Hunt all day long 

Jack’s a very good player who gives us great energy. But those first 3 months of the season were hard to watch. Hopefully, we’ll be able to still go up. But I think this squad was good enough to go up automatically with a different mindset from Moore. 

35 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Moore went out of his way to sign him as right winger. He then started playing him on the left with MJ as a CB. 

Theo then made the decision along with Wolves that he’d be better suited getting game time and experience playing in his preferred situation. 

How’s that gone for him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robdylan said:

Really?

For what?

Putting up an actual argument for people to try and debate. 

Obviously that’s too much of an ask for most of the posters on here.

No, you are ridiculously over emotional with regards to posts about a loan player we had.   

For some reason.

• Like 2

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

No, you are ridiculously over emotional with regards to posts about a loan player we had.   

For some reason.

A loan player that can’t get in MK Dons starting line up. 

• Like 1

@Robdylan

We had to do what's best for the club.

- Theo is not ready yet. He looks promising, but that's it

- We needed someone who is ready, reliable and prepared to play, whereever we need him

Theo was looking for a club to develop him in his preferred position -   - We needed somebody to help us to get promoted.

Theo decided to find his luck elsewhere. 

We moved on and are now a better and stronger team.

Where is the problem???

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markg said:

How could he have remained in our squad?

Wolves wanted him playing most of the time, hence them recalling him. It looks like Moore got it spot on too. Another manager at another club who we all said were more forward thinking than us, aren't playing him.

Wolves wanted him to play on the right.

A position which Moore initially recruited him for. 

The MK Dons were playing him until he was ill.

He’s trying to get back into their team, but his replacement as being playing excellently in most weeks. 

35 minutes ago, markg said:

Nah, TC is nowhere near as effective as Jack Hunt in that role. 

Jack brings a lot of energy to the team.

He’s done very well with his assists, and he’s also scored a few. 

I think Theo would have continued getting goals and assists though. 

He’d scored 2 and made 3 in only around 10 starts. 

There’s also other variations of playing him on the right without it being a 3-5-2.