BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

4 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

I know people usually say this as a joke 

but 

are you actually Theo? Or his dad 

? 

never seen so much written so angrily defending a player we had on loan for a few month 😂

No. 

I’m his Nannan. 

If you have an issue with what I’ve written, then give me something to debate. 

I knew a thread like this would be bumped. 

It just highlights the mentality of some people on here. 

It’s okay being sarcastic etc, but forgive me for not being happy at letting a talented young player go, when we didn’t have to and we’re in 5th position, where we can only go up via the play offs. 

Let’s hope that the thread isn’t bumped next month if we have to play them again and things don’t go our way. 

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I don't particularly disagree with you regarding your assessment of TC being a useful player, but I think an argument could easily be made that had he still been here we might not have ended up with MJ playing at LWB and looking as balanced as we have these last few months. It's clear that TC wouldn't get into our best eleven right now, although I wouldn't have been saying that 4 months ago. Moore called it right.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Danâ„¢ said:

I don't particularly disagree with you regarding your assessment of TC being a useful player, but I think an argument could easily be made that had he still been here we might not have ended up with MJ playing at LWB and looking as balanced as we have these last few months. It's clear that TC wouldn't get into our best eleven right now, although I wouldn't have been saying that 4 months ago. Moore called it right.

MJ should always have been playing on the left. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club. What should have happened, was that MJ should have played on the left, with Theo on the right. It’s just a shame that Moore couldn’t see that. We wasted the first 3 months of the season and the 13 draws have hampered us. 

I know that Theo didn’t do anything tonight. But there’s nothing to celebrate in losing a talented player to a rival, whilst we’re in 5th position and can only go up via the play offs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Robdylan said:

Of course. You could make any argument. But realistically, I don’t believe that we’d have been in a worse position. 

He’s a talented lad who was playing well. He was a threat. He scored 2 and made 2 in less than 10 starts, whilst mostly been played out of position. 

Had Moore have played him in this current squad which has seen Johnson playing back in his natural position, I believe that we’d have had a real shot at the autos. It’s just a shame that he wasted the first 3rd of the season. 

Thought he started running into deads ends towards the end, we shall see

6 hours ago, Robdylan said:

He let a talented player go to a rival club when he didn’t need to. 

A talented player who could still have been part of our squad.

A player who he went out of his way to sign in the first place. 

That’s not good management. 

Moore took the view that at this stage ML was a better player than Corbeanu. And he’s right. Corbeanu could well go on to have a really good career, but we needed it now, not in 4 years. Excellent management by Moore, who was able to rise above the panty wetting on here that went off at the time. 

• Like 8

Theo is a decent player in much the same way as my 14yo Nephew is a decent player... amongst his peers he's tidy, he's good against League One cloggers but put him up against an actual grown man with footballing nous, a bit of presence and a bit of pace and he's lost. League one offers you some dross defenders with presence but zero pace and Theo can just do a little trick, get the ball out of his feet and burst past them, but he couldn't do that against Johnson, who lets face it has been playing great for a long time now but still has question marks from a defensive perspective. Johnson CAN defend but if Theo really was the generational talent some seem to be making him out to be Marv wouldn't have stood a chance. That's not to say Theo won't get there (and I'd have no ill will if he did turn into a world beater) but whilst ever he's so weak he'll struggle at League One and above.

6 hours ago, Robdylan said:

No. 

I’m his Nannan. 

I knew a thread like this would be bumped. 

It just highlights the mentality of some people on here. 

It’s okay being sarcastic etc, but forgive me for not being happy at letting a talented young player go, when we didn’t have to and we’re in 5th position, where we can only go up via the play offs. 

Let’s hope that the thread isn’t bumped next month if we have to play them again and things don’t go our way. 

NML better 

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

It was a shame to see TC boo’ed… he added a spark to our season and we all know it. 

It seems though that Moore basically had NML on WhatsApp and saw him as an upgrade.  

I thought the booing was ridiculous.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Robdylan said:

MJ should always have been playing on the left. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club. What should have happened, was that MJ should have played on the left, with Theo on the right. It’s just a shame that Moore couldn’t see that. We wasted the first 3 months of the season and the 13 draws have hampered us. 

I know that Theo didn’t do anything tonight. But there’s nothing to celebrate in losing a talented player to a rival, whilst we’re in 5th position and can only go up via the play offs. 

I think the centre half situation was more of an issue than anything earlier in the season . 

At Shrewsbury the right back kicked Theo up the 4rse a couple of times early on and after that he didn't want to know, obviously Gregory had the same idea last night . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I thought the booing was ridiculous.

Unless it’d be justified by Wolves saying he wanted to leave us (they might have said this I can’t remember…) 

But still, we all thought he should’ve been used more, which isn’t his fault. 

I didn’t think the booing and jeering was ridiculous. Probably unfair in a sense, but we’re all here to get the best outcome for us. And I’m not having anybody tell me it didn’t seem to get into his head a little bit- he looked initially very rattled, and then tried to overdo everything even more than we saw earlier in the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

I didn’t think the booing and jeering was ridiculous. Probably unfair in a sense, but we’re all here to get the best outcome for us. And I’m not having anybody tell me it didn’t seem to get into his head a little bit- he looked initially very rattled, and then tried to overdo everything even more than we saw earlier in the season. 

Would our fans have booed Connor Whickham?  TC was

exciting for us if a little raw. I think too many are over analysing him based on last

night. 

Edited by sexpistol

I never understood what people saw in him. Warmed the bench at S6, went back due to lack of game time, moves to MK where, guess what, he is sat warming the bench.

The old saying of show over substance. Yes he has a trick or two and yes he is still developing. 

As proven at both Hillsboro and MK the kid isn’t ready for the week in week out rigours of league 1.

Moore was 100% right and NML is a far better option at this moment in time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

We should have given him a standing ovation as he walked on the pitch ( there's one on here that will have done , if he was there . ) and then insisted Wickham came over at the end for another one 

Some reyt cobblers on here . 

30 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Unless it’d be justified by Wolves saying he wanted to leave us (they might have said this I can’t remember…) 

But still, we all thought he should’ve been used more, which isn’t his fault. 

Thought he was recalled because we were playing him as a right wing back

Therefore I'm expecting Wolves to recall him again from Milton Keynes, especially if they see where he played yesterday