BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

The lad has Raw talent, but it needs to be nurtured. I seem to recall after being dropped recently that their manager said he's still got a lot to learn and needs to learn other things within his game. Didn't Moore say the same, yet many of us, me included thought Moore was wrong at the time.

• Like 4

Key for me was that DM clearly didn't trust him in a 3-5-2 to do his defensive stuff. Wing back is the key role in that system and requires huge fitness and capability in the attacking and defensive third. That's why NML hasn't edged out Jack Hunt, mainly due to fitness.

Theo was raw and decent in attack, but switched off defensively and wasn't a 90 min player, hence his lack of game time. I'm sure DM would have kept him as an impact player off the bench but Theo wasn't happy with that and neither were Wolves. DM didn't let him to to MK as he wasn't our player.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robdylan said:

MJ should always have been playing on the left. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club. What should have happened, was that MJ should have played on the left, with Theo on the right. It’s just a shame that Moore couldn’t see that. We wasted the first 3 months of the season and the 13 draws have hampered us. 

I know that Theo didn’t do anything tonight. But there’s nothing to celebrate in losing a talented player to a rival, whilst we’re in 5th position and can only go up via the play offs. 

Theo on the right ??   In this team ??  No thanks 

Jack Hunt all day long 

29 minutes ago, marshy said:

The lad has Raw talent, but it needs to be nurtured. I seem to recall after being dropped recently that their manager said he's still got a lot to learn and needs to learn other things within his game. Didn't Moore say the same, yet many of us, me included thought Moore was wrong at the time.

He looked raw and thought that at the time, plus occasions he seemed to be playing for himself. Really was not fussed when he left, needs a lot of work before he is first team material. He needs more  to his game

than a few step overs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Key for me was that DM clearly didn't trust him in a 3-5-2 to do his defensive stuff. Wing back is the key role in that system and requires huge fitness and capability in the attacking and defensive third. That's why NML hasn't edged out Jack Hunt, mainly due to fitness.

Theo was raw and decent in attack, but switched off defensively and wasn't a 90 min player, hence his lack of game time. I'm sure DM would have kept him as an impact player off the bench but Theo wasn't happy with that and neither were Wolves. DM didn't let him to to MK as he wasn't our player.

NML hasn’t edged out Jack Hunt because Hunt has been excellent. 

• Like 3

He’s a young lad, often flatters to deceive. But has a. Bright future 

he’s one of those that could have a career in league on championship 

or could go and crack on and be a top player in a top division

my guess is unless he starts to  think and play like a player more suited to the English division by that I mean decision making, you don’t always have to take the man on or shoot, sometimes a give and go or a simple pass is better then he’s always going to be too wasteful on our shores

i think he will want to be a star and end up somewhere like MLS, China or somewhere where the standard isn’t as good but he can show is skills get paid a fortune and collect all the headlines 

either way

its not our player, we don’t miss him as a player / results, he caused us no problems last night 

hope he has a good career though 

as Moore says 

we move on 

• Like 4

I still think he's more of a centre forward.

He has that x factor, that bit of something special and has an eye for a goal. While playing wing back for us he was our most threatening player most of the time even tho he wasnt a wing back. Moore didnt trust him defensively and rightly so but he should have been utilised further forward.

I would have preferred him to stay, and in insight i bet he would have too as our form and style changed second half of the season, and we had a lack of strikers at one point (not that Moore would have used him there) where he could have really contributed IMO.

He has got a lot to learn. But he's gonna be a good player i think. 

On a separate note it did look like our players targeted him when he came on. Is that coz they know how good he can be or because they were not happy with how he left ??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

At Shrewsbury the right back kicked Theo up the 4rse a couple of times early on and after that he didn't want to know, obviously Gregory had the same idea last night . 

I think by then he already knew that the Shrewsbury game was going to be his last for us and he was going elsewhere. Understandable he wouldn't be fully committed in that game.

I think the booing last night and vitriol against him  on here is pathetic. We should remember he might still have the last laugh if we come up against him in the play offs.

He's only 19 and far for the finished article but I think he will develop and has a big future in the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Theo is a good player

The lesson of this thread is to try and see the bigger picture vs just having an angrymad response against the manager

It just won't catch on, you know.

Kamberi and Sow are shoe-ins to start and Moore is blind for not seeing it; Berahino must start every game that we draw without him in the starting lineup... unless it's Paterson who was on the bench, in which case Moore had to start with him; and any time a team push us back when chasing a game, as happens up and down the country each weekend, Moore needs sacking for going all defensive.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robdylan said:

A blinder?

The thing is, he didn’t have to replace him.

He could have remained in our squad along with NML.

Whilst people can point out that he didn’t make a contribution tonight in a game where we had an outstanding win, had he have stayed, we might well be in a better position instead of yoyoing between 5th and 6th so late on in the season. 

How could he have remained in our squad?

Wolves wanted him playing most of the time, hence them recalling him. It looks like Moore got it spot on too. Another manager at another club who we all said were more forward thinking than us, aren't playing him.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I still think he's more of a centre forward.

He has that x factor, that bit of something special and has an eye for a goal. While playing wing back for us he was our most threatening player most of the time even tho he wasnt a wing back. Moore didnt trust him defensively and rightly so but he should have been utilised further forward.

I would have preferred him to stay, and in insight i bet he would have too as our form and style changed second half of the season, and we had a lack of strikers at one point (not that Moore would have used him there) where he could have really contributed IMO.

He has got a lot to learn. But he's gonna be a good player i think. 

On a separate note it did look like our players targeted him when he came on. Is that coz they know how good he can be or because they were not happy with how he left ??

No, I think it's because they have seen him train and know that you don't dive in on him. If you stand up, make him think then generally he doesn't produce anything

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think by then he already knew that the Shrewsbury game was going to be his last for us and he was going elsewhere. Understandable he wouldn't be fully committed in that game.

I think the booing last night and vitriol against him  on here is pathetic. We should remember he might still have the last laugh if we come up against him in the play offs.

He's only 19 and far for the finished article but I think he will develop and has a big future in the game.

That’s very professional of him - not being committed 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

on ifollow you saw the players entering the stadium before they went through the tunnel into the dressing room.

Theo was waiting for them and and welcoming them. I did not see the reaction of all players, but what I saw looked rather friendly

20220417_144252.jpg

20220417_144235.jpg

20220417_143707.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He knew he was leaving and joining MK that week. Can't blame him for not wanting to risk that move by getting injured.

I can blame him , he should be committed for every game . You could say the same about Gregory , he’s a blade , why should he show any commitment for us ? Because he’s professional that’s why .