BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

Just now, Robdylan said:

Jack brings a lot of energy to the team.

He’s done very well with his assists, and he’s also scored a few. 

I think Theo would have continued getting goals and assists though. 

He’d scored 2 and made 3 in only around 10 starts. 

There’s also other variations of playing him on the right without it being a 3-5-2.

I guess you miss the point.

He has been a loan player, who decided to leave us after half a season!!

He's gone!! We didn't sell him... we just never owned him

But you make me really curious, why you are so engaged in that topic.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, markg said:

He couldn't have kept them both unless TC was starting pretty much every week, which he is nowhere near good enough to be doing

He could have kept them both. 

MK Dons haven’t and can’t give him game time every week.

The main issue was him being played out of position when he did play. 

Just now, Robdylan said:

He could have kept them both. 

MK Dons haven’t and can’t give him game time every week.

The main issue was him being played out of position when he did play. 

HE DECIDED TO LEAVE!!! Discuss the topic with him! 

It was not our decision, but it was good for us that he left. We are now better and stronger.

We did not play him more often because he was not good enough (yet). Send him back to us in a few years time and we will be happy to play him

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

NML has played in at least 3, possibly 4 different positions whilst he’s been here. 

Yes. 

He’s been a good asset. 

However, he’s not been consistent and he’s produced less goals and assists. 

Hardly a blinding piece of business. 

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

It was not our decision, but it was good for us that he left. We are now better and stronger.

We did not play him more often because he was not good enough (yet). Send him back to us in a few years time and we will be happy to play him

Don't say we're better or stronger, he doesn't like that 

The whole recruitment was around playing 4231. Once that changed to a 352 and he was playing wingback, then he was always going to question the move. Why would he play left wing back in a 352 to better equip himself to play rw in a 343 at wolves?! Once the mk interest firmed up he'd have been silly to not take it. Equally, we needed the loan space freeing up and nml was on the radar. Moore has stuck with 352 and hasn't looked back, rendering corbeanu pretty obsolete. He's a hell of an option to bring off the bench when you're just going to attack for 40 minutes, and I do think he'd have helped in one or two of those games where we just couldn't break down a low block, but he was never going to stay to be a plan b super sub, so we all move on. Humoured me to see a few have a go at nailing him mind. It was an odd sense of collective unity in our team. Seeing kachunga and corbeanu makes me excited for any odebajo reunion!

• Like 3

Just now, Robdylan said:

Yes. 

He’s been a good asset. 

NML is a great player, fast and reliable... and the main thing is.. He wants to play for us and contribute to our success!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robdylan said:

Yes. 

He’s been a good asset. 

But he's our player, so any improvement is for our own benefit, not for another team to benefit from in future. 

For what it's worth, I think TC will be a decent championship player at best, but NML provides a bit more in the way of strength and experience when it's needed. TC is a bit lightweight at the minute, and we, in my opinion, can't afford too many of them at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

How’s that gone for him?

Mixed. 

He had a great start, scoring a great goal and becoming their player of the month for January. 

He was then ill and is now fighting to regain his place in a top 3 team. 

25 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

No, you are ridiculously over emotional with regards to posts about a loan player we had.   

For some reason.

No. 

It’s a forum to debate. 

I came back to this thread because it was bumped and I had reactions from earlier posts.

I’ve read some of the comments and have asked people why they think it was great business to let him leave. 

I put forward a logical argument to say why I think it was a mistake, only to be responded to with predictable and childish comments. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

What’s the bigger picture?

Him leaving weakened our squad. 

He’d have been worth trying to keep a hold of. 

We’ve only got one other player in our squad with his capabilities, who’s actually contributed less, and we’re in 5th where our only hope is going up is via the play offs. 

That’s the big picture.

Hardly a master stroke of a decision. 

That it wasn’t such a big deal for him to leave as we had better players more suited - hence our form since he left

Your so called big picture is a mere pixel in a collage of humble pie 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

@Robdylan

We had to do what's best for the club.

- Theo is not ready yet. He looks promising, but that's it

- We needed someone who is ready, reliable and prepared to play, whereever we need him

Theo was looking for a club to develop him in his preferred position -   - We needed somebody to help us to get promoted.

Theo decided to find his luck elsewhere. 

We moved on and are now a better and stronger team.

Where is the problem???

Fair points. 

The issue is:

He’s playing for a top 3 club who we may have to play again in order to go up. 

He’s strengthened a rival’s squad where it’s also weakened ours. 

In our current squad, there’s only really NML who can carry the ball and beat defenders in the same way. A player who has actually contributed less in terms of goals and assists since Theo’s departure. 

I think Moore could have kept him and he could have been an asset to us, giving us more chance of promotion. 

It didn’t work out, and as we saw, Theo didn’t contribute a lot last night. But I’m merely questioning some of the posters on here who seem to think that letting him go was some sort of a great master stroke. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I guess you miss the point.

He has been a loan player, who decided to leave us after half a season!!

He's gone!! We didn't sell him... we just never owned him

But you make me really curious, why you are so engaged in that topic.

I’m engaged in the topic because he’s my son. 

Ha! 

No.

I’m engaged in the topic because although he didn’t contribute last night, I think we missed the boat  in not trying to keep a talented player who adds something different. 

If we were flying high then I wouldn’t be as bothered. But we’re still in 5th, where we have to keep winning just to keep that place alive, so we can try and go up via the play offs. 

It genuinely interests me why many people seem to think it was great business to let him go. 

We haven’t got lots of players that offers what he’s got.

We can’t go up automatically. 

So I’m failing to see this master stroke which was supposedly made by Moore. 

27 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

He and Wolves decided it was best for him to leave as our genius of a manager played him on the left with Johnson as a CB. 

Yes, we are now better and stronger as a team than we were, as Moore has finally got the team into gear. 

You say that we didn’t play him more often as he wasn’t good enough, yet the stats and the performances said otherwise. 

Also, when he wasn’t getting game time, we couldn’t create any chances or beat teams like an injury ravaged Lincoln City at home. 

21 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Mixed. 

He had a great start, scoring a great goal and becoming their player of the month for January. 

He was then ill and is now fighting to regain his place in a top 3 team. 

Been pretty much ever present in their matchday squad since joining them. Started most games at first but has been been on the bench virtually every game since early February. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

NML is a great player, fast and reliable... and the main thing is.. He wants to play for us and contribute to our success!!!

NML hasn’t been reliable for years and he’s contributed less than what Theo did. 

Yes, he is a great player on his day though.

31 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I believe he is a she 😉

Only women are so difficult to argue with 

(I am allowed to say that as I am female as well)

Nobody is arguing. 

I’ve put forward a good argument as to why I think it was a mistake in him leaving. 

As of yet, nobody has refuted my points. 

He’s gone to a top 3 team whilst we’re still 5th. 

His replacement has contributed less.

Apart from NML, he offers something that our other attackers don’t. 

His departure has weakened our overall squad. 

Just now, Robdylan said:

Nobody is arguing. 

I’ve put forward a good argument as to why I think it was a mistake in him leaving. 

As of yet, nobody has refuted my points. 

He’s gone to a top 3 team whilst we’re still 5th. 

His replacement has contributed less.

Apart from NML, he offers something that our other attackers don’t. 

His departure has weakened our overall squad. 

it was Wolves who recalled him. 

he didn’t show too much last night that makes me feel we would be better if we had him. 

B5EE2E02-CC6E-48CD-ADE4-35463FF41349.gif

• Like 2