BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

On 06/01/2022 at 18:53, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Played like a typical youngster with potential.

Excellent one minute, useless the next.

His crossing was mostly good, when he decided to deliver one. Forwards stop making runs to get free of defenders when it doesn't get delivered. A possible reason Bannan was having a pop at him.

His ball watching skills were good. If we are going to persist with wing backs then he doesn't fit the bill defensively. Unfortunately neither do the others.

We had an abundance of players that can play wide. I think DM has tried to keep them all happy, and unfortunately it has backfired. 

The 4-3-3 might have eventually worked. Theo and Shopido were possibly brought in to play as wide forwards, Wolves play with wide forwards.

Whilst it wasn't working at the time, changing a system takes time and eventually you should get there. If players don't fit you try and get ones that do.

Our squad doesn't fit the system we used now, meaning the Summer transfer window was a failure. So it needs rectifying, as best as possible, in this window.

Or we could be at the limit of our wage budget and this is a way of freeing up some wages.

It was going all so well until the bolded bit. Even though we did rectify in defensive area I still thought we were a forward and midfielder short.

Still a job to do but 7 straight wins will do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

it was Wolves who recalled him. 

he didn’t show too much last night that makes me feel we would be better if we had him. 

B5EE2E02-CC6E-48CD-ADE4-35463FF41349.gif

Agreed. Talented player who shows some flashes of real talent. Unfortunately not often enough for two promotion chasing clubs this reason to command a consistent start at either.

Would have liked him for his cameos but if given a straight choice for this season I'd choose NML anyway

• Like 3

lads got summat about him thats exciting to watch if he can harness that into how whichever club he's playing for system then he's going to be an asset for them ......whether he has the mentality   to do that only time will tell .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

But he's our player, so any improvement is for our own benefit, not for another team to benefit from in future. 

For what it's worth, I think TC will be a decent championship player at best, but NML provides a bit more in the way of strength and experience when it's needed. TC is a bit lightweight at the minute, and we, in my opinion, can't afford too many of them at this point.

The obvious intention was for it to benefit us in the short term and him and Wolves in the long term. 

Do you think that we’ll go up?

I’m really undecided. 

If we make the play offs, who would you want to play if you could choose?

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

That it wasn’t such a big deal for him to leave as we had better players more suited - hence our form since he left

Your so called big picture is a mere pixel in a collage of humble pie 

Humble Pie?

We’re 5th. 

We haven’t got better players with the same attributes.

Only NML who’s also been inconsistent and offered less. 

Yes, we have improved as a whole since he left. 

Moore has got us playing with confidence.

Hopefully, we can go up. But his departure has still weakened our squad and given us less options. 

It wasn’t a great piece of business. 

2 hours ago, Robdylan said:

He let a talented lad go to a rival league one team. 

no he didnt. he let him go. he didnt let him go to a rival team. that was the choice of Wolves and TC.

get over it. the lad was bang average, and it was doing no parties any good him being at S6. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, ANDY said:

it was Wolves who recalled him. 

he didn’t show too much last night that makes me feel we would be better if we had him. 

B5EE2E02-CC6E-48CD-ADE4-35463FF41349.gif

He hardly showed anything last night. 

That happens. 

However, he showed in the 10 starts for us that he was a good player, as he scored twice and had three assists. 

He showed his raw talent.

He showed that he offered us something that most of our other attacking options didn’t. 

He was also excellent in his first month at the MK Dons. 

Last night meant nothing. 

Players have good games and bad games depending on a number of things. 

Yes, purely based on last night he’s not being missed. 

Based on the whole of the season, he has.

We haven’t got better options in his position and we can’t go up automatically. 

5 minutes ago, steelerian said:

no he didnt. he let him go. he didnt let him go to a rival team. that was the choice of Wolves and TC.

get over it. the lad was bang average, and it was doing no parties any good him being at S6. 

His decision lead to him leaving for a rival. 

Does that satisfy you?

How was he bang average, when he scored 2 and made 3 from only about 10 starts?

He wasn’t bang average. 

He was our only attacking spark who could confidently run and beat players before NML came in. And since he’s left, NML has offered less. 

He was a good attacking option for us. 

I’ve no gripe with Theo

Ive no gripe with releasing him

But boy…… If he was the answer … What was the question?

I hope he does well I really do but my prediction is that in three years time we will struggle to remember who he is playing for

Initially speed and tricks are impressive and exciting but more is needed to succeed 

• Like 3

I don’t think it reflected well on us at the time. He was one of our better players and had scored good goals against Sunderland and Accrington from wing back.

The player himself and wolves decided he’d be better elsewhere and I admittedly assumed he would then go and show us. In fact he did start well there if I remember but seems to have lost his place. 

He’d be better learning the wing back position anyway as he’s good at it and has more room. It seems to be preferable for most managers now too.

1 hour ago, Robdylan said:

Humble Pie?

We’re 5th. 

We haven’t got better players with the same attributes.

Only NML who’s also been inconsistent and offered less. 

Yes, we have improved as a whole since he left. 

Moore has got us playing with confidence.

Hopefully, we can go up. But his departure has still weakened our squad and given us less options. 

It wasn’t a great piece of business. 

You keep saying NML has offered less but that’s not true.

NML has 14 appearances (865mins), 2 goals and 2 assists

Corbeanu made 18 appearances (1052 mins), 2 goals, 3 assists

And that includes the ******** easy teams TC played against in the EFL Trophy

Edited by McRightSide
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You keep saying NML has offered less but that’s not true.

NML has 14 appearances (865mins), 2 goals and 2 assists

Corbeanu made 18 appearances (1052 mins), 2 goals, 3 assists

And that includes the ******** easy teams TC played against in the EFL Trophy

Ha!

You can spin the stats however you want. 

NML hasn’t been consistent enough or free of injury enough to have surpassed Theo in goals and assists. 

Yet he’s been deemed by some as being a much better player than Theo, with it being a master stroke by Moore. 

• Haha 1

I was disappointed when he was moved onto Wolves, particularly as he went to a rival, but we haven't missed him have we? 

He's not a patch on Hunt and Johnson as wingbacks and NML is a more direct, powerful replacement.