6 days rest

Our reserves lost a meaningless match in a rubbish cup.

A complete irrelevance.

In fact I’d go further. If it’s proved to Moore how hopeless Brown is it’s a benefit. Better that than finding out in a league game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

A complete irrelevance.

In fact I’d go further. If it’s proved to Moore how hopeless Brown is it’s a benefit. Better that than finding out in a league game.

Somebody here on Owlstalk weeks ago posted how good Brown was in the game they played at the time, so what happened since, maybe not enough game time? 

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Somebody here on Owlstalk weeks ago posted how good Brown was in the game they played at the time, so what happened since, maybe not enough game time? 

Don’t want your thread to go off on a tangent, but I’ve not understood the initial love-in for Brown. Can’t beat a man, always comes backwards, hopeless in their box, easily dispossessed. 

So I’ll temper my posts by saying at least the Hartlepool game allowed Moore to look at some fringe players. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

A complete irrelevance.

I think you're right.

It did show just how poor some of the fringe players are.

Also shows how important it is to keep the first 12 or 13 fit.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I think you're right.

And Moore started Theo and even brought Bannan and Windass on at halftime, imagine if they had got injured in that awful competition. Poor management, I remember monk playing Fletcher vs Brighton in the 3rd round of the f.a cup and then getting injured which helped derail our season 

8 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I think you're right.

Which of the fringe players will we insist on having around,? that is the million dollar question, I don't like Sow for example he can leave yesterday

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Don’t want your thread to go off on a tangent, but I’ve not understood the initial love-in for Brown. Can’t beat a man, always comes backwards, hopeless in their box, easily dispossessed. 

So I’ll temper my posts by saying at least the Hartlepool game allowed Moore to look at some fringe players. 

mpore dropped him and the had to field questions about were he had gone.

playing him as  a winger meant we got a lot if work rate but zero passing quality..or end product..

but after the clamour ,back he came and he's beeb worse..

very one footed ,poor defending ..

worth a punt and we can move him on..

3 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Which of the fringe players will we insist on having around,? that is the million dollar question, I don't like Sow for example he can leave yesterday

We've all got different opinions on that don't we mate?

Think Wing is awful, Sow offers little, Brown was shocking in a 3. Berahino looks dreadful. Can't see any signs of improvement there. All 4 could go for me.

In defence, as much as I like him, Paterson is ok but only as back up really. Need Palmer and Iorfa and/or Hutchinson back to give us options. Brennan has to have experience around him as Wednesday night showed. 

In midfield, FDB looks decent with BB and Luongo around... definitely not a key player and leader though. Adeniran likewise really. (Despite a reasonably promising start has looked ponderous more recently.) Think Byers probably has a decent bit of football in him.

Up top, don't rate owt we've got really - Theo aside, nowt to get excited about. Just about ok at this level but christ on a bike, all of 'em have had enough chances to outscore Salah.

If we were to go up, (BIG if,) reckon we've only got about 7 or 8 players who could hack it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

A complete irrelevance.

Agreed, you could see players pulling out of tackles etc. Everyone playing knew it was not a priority. 

16 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Think Wing is awful, Sow offers little, Brown was shocking in a 3. Berahino looks dreadful. Can't see any signs of improvement there. All 4 could go for me.

In defence, as much as I like him, Paterson is ok but only as back up really. Need Palmer and Iorfa and/or Hutchinson back to give us options. Brennan has to have experience around him as Wednesday night showed. 

In midfield, FDB looks decent with BB and Luongo around... definitely not a key player and leader though. Adeniran likewise really. (Despite a reasonably promising start has looked ponderous more recently.) Think Byers probably has a decent bit of football in him.

Up top, don't rate owt we've got really - Theo aside, nowt to get excited about. Just about ok at this level but christ on a bike, all of 'em have had enough chances to outscore Salah.

If we were to go up, (BIG if,) reckon we've only got about 7 or 8 players who could hack it.

Kamberi for me is part of the main 16

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

A complete irrelevance.

The worrying think is Moore signed a lot of those players that played against Hartlepool. Not quite sure they would all be classed as reserves. I agree with you though that hopefully he has realised people like Brown are shocking players that he shouldn’t have signed in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

So true.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The worrying think is Moore signed a lot of those players that played against Hartlepool. Not quite sure they would all be classed as reserves. I agree with you though that hopefully he has realised people like Brown are shocking players that he shouldn’t have signed in the first place. 

7 of the starting 11 were signed by Moore in the summer.

For me though if you keep picking player and playing them out of position what does any one expect. Moore played a back 3 consisting of an attacking midfielder, a player only used in the left wing and a kick with 2 league games under his belt.

add to that Wildsmith who has more off days than good days we were always going to concede goals but then to play the useless Berahino up front we could still be playing now and he would have scored.

Moore picks the team, sets the formation, instilled the belief. 

I think his time at the club is on a knife edge, Windass has won him 6 points but should be get injured,no one else other than Corbeanu is stepping up to win games.

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It wasn't me who said it but I did think Brown played well at Wigan further forward on the left, but he's got worse since then. 

5 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Pompey play today, we don't, so what would be the thinking if we played like v Hartlepool? Hope that was just a blip, and we can carry on with our league form on Tuesday, but if they do lose and knowing Wednesday we could lose to Crewe too, how would you feel about the rest of the season? 

Exactly the same, we will p!55 ball about and put it right on the training ground (not) and finish mid table tops

Odd win, odd loss, too many draws