Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

28 minutes ago, Portia said:

Chansiri's first full season saw 22,641 average attendance, the second season saw 27,129 average attendance. A 4,488 increase, this wasn't across the board.

That first full season is really interesting. We played the best football we've played in many years, we qualified for the play offs and got an average crowd similar to Dave Allen levels. The reason? Rob dog pricing I imagine reducing what should have been a booming POTG figure.

Subsequent rises were driven by a season ticket increases as STs were the only way of seeing Wednesday regularly for anything approaching a reasonable price. You increase your average crowd at the risk of alienating or even diminishing the wider fanbase.  

• Like 4

Just now, Daavies; said:

I can't afford it right now and there is no way on earth I'm paying extra for waiting until Februrary to renew like normal. I'm not being financially punished for not being able to afford the money upfront with a few days notice. Its a disgrace. First time in 18 years I'm not renewing next season, more out of spite than financially. This is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I'm sick of it. I really thought we might have turned a corner in the summer. Guess I was wrong. #ChansiriOut.

There will be others like yourself too

Inevitable 

And so disappointing it has to even be a thing when the club was doing fine without Channers sticking his oar in

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Portia said:

Ignored or listened and not done as told/advised?

Some will see this as unaffordable due to the close proximity to Christmas and some will see it as perfect timing for a present. You don't have to buy one before Christmas anyway, I'm sure it stretches until January and then you'll still be able to buy one right up to next season.

With regards to affordability a seat that cost me £455 three seasons ago now costs £365. 

Chansiri has his faults but he can't be accused of driving fans away when statistics show an increase in active fans since his arrival. For example the last time we were in League one we got over 16K on a Saturday against MK Dons, this season we got over 18k against MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

We are league one now. That's like buying a Volkswagon one year then five years later buying a lada and saying, "but look how car prices have come down."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

I’m not sure why this is a problem some would  argue the timing is great because it could make for a nice Christmas present 

For me it’s not a problem them going on sale before Christmas. The problem for me is that if you can’t afford to pay for one before Christmas, after been given 4 days notice,  you get penalised and have to pay more for your ticket. 

Edited by S72 Owl
  • Like 2

Just now, S72 Owl said:

For me it’s not a problem them going on sale before Christmas. The problem for me is that if you can’t afford to pay for one before Christmas, after been given 4 days notice,  you get penalised and have to pay more for your ticket. 

You get penalised if you can't buy one before the 13th December. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What are the figures of football in general regarding attendances?

I don't know mate but that's a sharp increase, I'm not looking at all the other league clubs but for the sake of local comparison the blunts increased by 1,079 over the same period after a good season under their new boss Wilder. Our increase was 3 times this amount.

3 minutes ago, Portia said:

I don't know mate but that's a sharp increase, I'm not looking at all the other league clubs but for the sake of local comparison the blunts increased by 1,079 over the same period after a good season under their new boss Wilder. Our increase was 3 times this amount.

Whats the increase in attendances across the whole of football in the period you’re discussing though 

Without context what you’re suggesting is meaningless if you’re holding it up as some great achievement if other clubs are doing the exact same and it’s a trend across most clubs 

Plus - you’re not taking into account the massive sales pitch if a bigger brighter future (which many bought season tickets on) that actually turned out to be relegation, embargoes, free transfers and not refunding our own fans 

Of course attendances will go up if you make promises like that 

But they will also fall once you’ve been found out and people aren’t as gullible to it anymore 

Play fair here. Show us the stats m, the trends, the data and the current actual attendances (we know of many season ticket holders gave up even going to games in recent times) 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Portia said:

But now the very same Chansiri has lost 5000+ from his second season ... why do you think that is?

Lower average currently than the first season you quoted for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You get penalised if you can't buy one before the 13th December. 

Pay after December and prices are increasing to £415. That means its an extra £50 if you can't pay it all outright within 4 weeks. There's 3 people in my family, all who can't really fork out that outlay right now, so that means the club are trying to fleece us for an extra £150 collectively because we need to wait until January payday at the earliest. Its an absolute disgrace. This might be the worst thing he has done to our club. This is hitting me in the pocket which makes it personal, and quite frankly, I'm not accepting it. Screw him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

It's his business, he can do with it what he wants.

We wanted a foreign billionaire, we got it. Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

The last thing we need now is fans saying what is bad for the fans.  Well done to Chansiri for ignoring the Panel.  It's a business, not a charity.

Who's we?..

4 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

I don't remember wanting relegation, transfer embargos and points deductions. This is what he delivered, this is his legacy at Sheffield Wednesday... so far. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Thanks 1