Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

I dont get the weekly increase in price......are we really paying bills on a weekly basis that means the club trying to screw an extra £30 out of an adult on the kop for buying a ticket on the 21st December rather than the 13th?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Ian said:

I dont get the weekly increase in price......are we really paying bills on a weekly basis that means the club trying to screw an extra £30 out of an adult on the kop for buying a ticket on the 21st December rather than the 13th?

It's an example of what it is to be a "rob dog" as my dear departed mother would say. 

• Like 2

Which ever way you look at it, an absolute PR disaster.  You couldn't make this up.  Quite shocking really when you think about it.  How can anybody with a modicum of common sense come up with an idea as flawed as this, giving people a one week window on the frozen price with about four days notice in the run up to Christmas.  If the club is desperate for cash they should just come out and say so and then maybe as fans we could stomach this.  But done in its current form it is just a poo show that widens the gap between the owner and the fans.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Surely 99% of people who take the club up on the early bird deal will get them before the 13th.

Can see many people not having the money but have the money on the 15th.

I’ve been quite sympathetic to the cause and happy to help where I can in previous years (more fool me I guess) -  the early birds were getting earlier and earlier, but I and others continue to show loyalty. 

This now feels like they’re taking us for granted and treating us with the absolute contempt.  Especially when they were warned by actual fans that it wouldn’t go down well. 

Its 4 months after the season started, and they’re already asking us to renew for next season. I’m not going to renew this December at the price I should be getting, I’ll take my chances next year and see how much of an increase it is.

I would like to know if I’ll be able keep my seat though,  if I renew next year and not during this early bird. For me that’s a big thing and will ultimately drive my decision as to whether I’ll be going at all next season.

Club needs to understand a large portion of supporters go, not because they want to watch the sh*t they’re served up, but to see friends and family. It’s tradition. Break that tradition, or make it financially hard for people to continue it, then you’ll see many loyal fans leaving. 

• Like 9

Fans: we don't want Wednesdayite, black balloons, jumped up power tripping fans committees eating fancy digestive biscuits at meetings.

Also fans: disgusting Chansiri doesn't listen to us fans.  He should listen to us.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Fans: we don't want Wednesdayite, black balloons, jumped up power tripping fans committees eating fancy digestive biscuits at meetings.

Also fans: disgusting Chansiri doesn't listen to us fans.  He should listen to us.

The people who say this are the same people who stick up for Chansiri every time he ******** up. It’s embarrassing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have football attendances risen in general across the board or just at SWFC?

Chansiri's first full season saw 22,641 average attendance, the second season saw 27,129 average attendance. A 4,488 increase, this wasn't across the board.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Portia said:

Chansiri's first full season saw 22,641 average attendance, the second season saw 27,129 average attendance. A 4,488 increase, this wasn't across the board.

Prompted by a combination of season ticket arm twisting via terrible POTG pricing and a play off final appearance. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Sheffield Wednesday set up the engagement panel.

They arranged it so there was a cross section of supporters from various backgrounds, not just "jumped up power tripping fans committees".

The club were told in no uncertain circumstances that this was a bad idea, they haven't listened, it's been a PR nightmare, there's been numerous fans across this and other platforms stating that this is the final straw in the clubs contempt at fans and they won't be renewing, or simply can't afford to renew now and refuse to be financially punished by purchasing at a more reasonable time.

Good on the club for sticking to its guns eh!

Sod those pesky supporters who we invited, who want the best for the club, who gave an honest (and as the reaction has shown, overwhelmingly correct) answer to a direct question asked of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

It's his business, he can do with it what he wants.

We wanted a foreign billionaire, we got it. Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

The last thing we need now is fans saying what is bad for the fans.  Well done to Chansiri for ignoring the Panel.  It's a business, not a charity.

Jesus some people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2