Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

2 minutes ago, Portia said:

Ignored or listened and not done as told/advised?

Some will see this as unaffordable due to the close proximity to Christmas and some will see it as perfect timing for a present. You don't have to buy one before Christmas anyway, I'm sure it stretches until January and then you'll still be able to buy one right up to next season.

With regards to affordability a seat that cost me £455 three seasons ago now costs £365. 

Chansiri has his faults but he can't be accused of driving fans away when statistics show an increase in active fans since his arrival. For example the last time we were in League one we got over 16K on a Saturday against MK Dons, this season we got over 18k against MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

It's despite him not because of him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Enjoy moaning and being miserable… I can’t see what your issue is, if you’re going to buy 4 season tickets anyway then the price is lower than what you’ve already been paying in recent seasons

This is the problem. The club does something early and then people say ‘oh you just want our cash early so you can spend it up front’. Club does something late and then it’s ‘where is the communication from the club.. we’re going to get wound up, have multiple points deductions and be relegated 3 leagues’.

Everything is viewed through a negative prism rather than a positive.

I'm not moaning, I'm not miserable...I'm as happy as you seem to be ......but I am fed up of the guff from Chansiri....and short-sighted loadsamoney types. UTO.

Edited by MrsHall
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy moaning and being miserable… I can’t see what your issue is, if you’re going to buy 4 season tickets anyway then the price is lower than what you’ve already been paying in recent seasons

No, the price is the same as this season if you have the money upfront now.

If you wait and pay at your usual time the price will have increased by around £40 per ticket (at time of writing, this could very well increase).

Punishing fans financially who can't afford upfront.

Can't tell if you're on wind up, or just a massive boot licker.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Having tickets on sale for people to buy as presents is fine.

The way this is structured - no finance options, an extremely limited window of time to do it at the already most expensive time of the year - makes it structured in a way that many who want to be able to buy the tickets now simply can't. 

I think having season tickets on sale for Christmas is great, IF there is at least one payday (ideally after Christmas) or finance options available while they're on sale. 

The way the scheme is now is needlessly restrictive, which is why it comes across as a quick cash grab while knowing that they'll still get the cash from the higher priced tickets later in the year.

I may have reacted differently if the club had given something like a months notice.  I just feel I’m being treated with contempt.

• Like 9

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

I'm not moaning, I'm not miserable...I'm as happy as you seem to be ......but I am fed up of the guff from Chansiri....and short-sighted loadsamoney types. UTO.

Fair enough mate.. I just think the club can’t win really as they seem to get criticised whatever they do.

Last 6 months off the pitch seem to have been relatively competent but the time before that obviously was a mess. Maybe the new CEO has improved things 

23 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agreed.. it does seem like the Sheffield mentality on a lot of things is to just moan and find fault and be negative no matter what’s suggested 

As a city we're generally over sceptical and dismissive about most things, particularly new things/ideas. Probably due to decades of decline up until recently

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Everything is viewed through a negative prism rather than a positive.

Because relegation, points deductions and arm twisting to buy a ticket ridiculously early or prices will rise means he deserves our positivity and patience. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Fair enough mate.. I just think the club can’t win really as they seem to get criticised whatever they do.

Last 6 months off the pitch seem to have been relatively competent but the time before that obviously was a mess. Maybe the new CEO has improved things 

If the club or CEO were relatively competent they should have seen a cash flow problem coming and not do daft things like offer a temperamental injury prone player like Hutchinson yet another two year extension.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are potential solutions that people could consider, rather than totally focus of the dreadful timing. There are some decent 0% interest options out there independent of the clubs one that starts in 2022. I get people may not want to (or able) to down that road for various reasons but it’s not a hugely time consuming or difficult option.

1 minute ago, Portia said:

It's no coincidence that the largest average attendances at Hillsborough during the past 20 years have been under Chansiri.  

Yep our crowds this season are totally because everybody loves and appreciates Chansiri. Well spotted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, rickygoo said:

I enjoy the wave of Chansiri support that somehow gets mobilised after initial criticism of our beloved owner's antics. Happens every single time. 

It really does 

Chansiri fans ahead of being fans wanting the best for the club and it’s fans 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Portia said:

As a city we're generally over sceptical and dismissive about most things, particularly new things/ideas. Probably due to decades of decline up until recently

This is obviously true

But there’s no doubt this is a huge PR gaffe 

As you can see just by reading the responses from fans and all over social media

Even the news publications and sports writers and even former players are shouting about this one so not sure you can claim it’s what you’re suggesting on this occasion 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop