The strange case of Sylla Sow

On that showing, which isn't much to go on, I think he's better than Kamberi. Maybe not the work rate but he is more direct and more of a goal threat. I like his pace too.

It may be that he benefitted fom NML having an excellent game. I think those two players could transform us.

Gregory is probably our best striker, he's sorely lacking pace but he is clever, makes the right little runs. Windass isn't an out and out striker but he is a goal threat and he would always start if fit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

I really liked him in that 1st half. Would like to see him start again next week.

Certainly not done himself any harm at all with that display. 

Faded slightly. Understandable with not having much real football under his belt. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WendyOK said:

Watched him play in Holland when I lived over there. Have said many times, I think he’s our best striker behind Windass. Was over the moon when we signed him and disappointed he hasn’t played more. 

What surprised me is. We own him. He's not a loan signing.

We've actually signed the chap and then not used him. 

I do wonder if he's been unfairly pegged as a winger all this time and overlooked as a central striker. 

• Like 2

Looks one of those silky players who can turn quickly with good balance and agility and decent pace . Scored a few in the games he’s played . I think in a way he could be a second striker . I’d be  quite interested to see a midfield of bazza and luongo with maybe sow in an advanced attacking mid role just behind Windass and gregory or windass there and sow with Gregory 

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Sow actually looks like a good footballer.

This has been his main downfall I fear. 

I like that he doesn't mind having a run at defenders with the ball.  One thing that the centre forwards  don't really do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I like that he doesn't mind having a run at defenders with the ball.  One thing that the centre forwards  don't really do. 

Should play more Snoots once Moore knows his best line up. We just need to be patient.

Hope you've got a couple of years?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Should play more Snoots once Moore knows his best line up.

I forget which thread, but someone reminded me this morning that Moore said he'd be chopping and changing in the early half of the season because half the chaps hadn't had a pre season and he didn't want them breaking down. Or at least not as many as usual!

I'm hopeful that he'll settle on a side now we've just scrambled over the half way point. 

I'd be surprised, and a little disappointed to see any changes to this side when we take on Oxford. I think they all deserve to keep the shirt. 

• Like 1

Even when played wide in the pizza cup and in the fa cup tie he’s naturally seemed to receive the ball with his back to goal and look to turn and do something with it. In the odd stint out wide (again vs Plymouth?!) he doesn’t really get into it. Sometimes a bit of speed strength and the ability to get w clean strike is all you need at this level and even above.

58 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Even when played wide in the pizza cup and in the fa cup tie he’s naturally seemed to receive the ball with his back to goal and look to turn and do something with it. In the odd stint out wide (again vs Plymouth?!) he doesn’t really get into it. Sometimes a bit of speed strength and the ability to get w clean strike is all you need at this level and even above.

Likes to run at a defender. Something I think which all fans love to see.

Even as he was fading before his substitution he won us a well placed free kick simply by turning and running at the heart of them. 

I do hope he gets some more pitch time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1