Kabby Tshimanga worth a bid (embargo pending)?

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

And this goes for all league one and two clubs just to add. 

I don't think so. For a start Charlton paid £500k for Charlie Kirk from Crewe. And that is just one of plenty of other undisclosed fees - Wes Burns, Rekeem Harper, Scott Fraser and 5 others for Ipswich. Lasse Sorensen from Stoke to Lincoln City. 

39 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yes, but only for the last 5 months so don't worry. 

And as you clearly do not know, we cannot sign a player for a fee. We can only sign freebies and loan players (and only loan players were there is no loan fee. We can pay/contribute towards wages though). This has been the case, and well documented, since July. 

Well the award for the most condescending response goes to you….possibly the most patronising response I’ve ever had to a normal question. Thanks for the effort.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yes, but only for the last 5 months so don't worry. 

And as you clearly do not know, we cannot sign a player for a fee. We can only sign freebies and loan players (and only loan players were there is no loan fee. We can pay/contribute towards wages though). This has been the case, and well documented, since July. 

Don’t believe everything you read. If you think we didn’t pay a loan fee for Peacock-Farrell then more fool you.

We just have to prove to the EFL that we’re being sensible.

41 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Don’t believe everything you read. If you think we didn’t pay a loan fee for Peacock-Farrell then more fool you.

We just have to prove to the EFL that we’re being sensible.

You may well have a point with this. I did genuinely forget we may have paid a fee for this particular loan. 

However, we cannot sign players for fees, unless the embargo isn't quite as it seems.

6 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

You may well have a point with this. I did genuinely forget we may have paid a fee for this particular loan. 

However, we cannot sign players for fees, unless the embargo isn't quite as it seems.

i thought you knew it all…we can’t pay fees but we have done 🤣🤣🤣

seen as you know everything, give DC a call and find out the proper facts……..clown!! 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

i thought you knew it all…we can’t pay fees but we have done 🤣🤣🤣

seen as you know everything, give DC a call and find out the proper facts……..clown!! 

We can't pay fees for players. It seems we may be able to pay fees for loans. I admit I forgot about the BPF loan and the fact we may have made a payment. 

Did I say I know it all? No. What's your problem pal?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

We can pay fees for players, doesn’t mean we have too.  Stop believing everything on Twitter. 

exactly this…typical case of social media/OT 2+2 = 6 scenario. Maybe the club as simply taken a different route/approach to recruiting.

despite ChapSmurf trying to be clever and patronising saying this dates back 5months, I’ve seen nothing official and the fact we have signed 15 players via various methods, I would say some cash as been expended for certain players. 

SCMP, the league one version of FFP, means that you need to inform the EFL  prior to any big spending or wages to try and stay within 60-70% of turnover.

It's not a hard cap, it's more of a "We're going to buy this guy, that OK?".

As long as it's not taking the ********, they'll be OK. 

Where FFP is reactive with punishments,  SCMP is proactive, trying to limit you from going too far in the first place.

38 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

exactly this…typical case of social media/OT 2+2 = 6 scenario. Maybe the club as simply taken a different route/approach to recruiting.

despite ChapSmurf trying to be clever and patronising saying this dates back 5months, I’ve seen nothing official and the fact we have signed 15 players via various methods, I would say some cash as been expended for certain players. 

I'm not trying to be clever. I'm merely stating what I know - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesdays-transfer-embargo-what-20802877

Grow up and stop acting childish. If you think I patronised you, then you're mistaken. That wasn't my intention and those are your boundaries to deal with. 

34 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

SCMP, the league one version of FFP, means that you need to inform the EFL  prior to any big spending or wages to try and stay within 60-70% of turnover.

It's not a hard cap, it's more of a "We're going to buy this guy, that OK?".

As long as it's not taking the ********, they'll be OK. 

Where FFP is reactive with punishments,  SCMP is proactive, trying to limit you from going too far in the first place.

Its only the wages you have to watch, any transfer in, regardless of fee is classed as an investment, the limit on wages is 60% of turn over in league one and 55% below, but they normally impose restrictions once you hit 50%

26 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm not trying to be clever. I'm merely stating what I know - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesdays-transfer-embargo-what-20802877

Grow up and stop acting childish. If you think I patronised you, then you're mistaken. That wasn't my intention and those are your boundaries to deal with. 

I think you need to re-read your initial reply mate as you’re now back pedalling after been proven wrong. I think you need to read the article you have posted a link for…there’s lots of ifs, buts and unknown which the journalist clearly states are unknowns. I certainly haven’t seen anything official from SWFC or the EFL for quite some time. 

the fact of the matter is, the club is skint and hasn’t been paying huge sums of money for players but we have still expended money on players in the form of loans etc… 

I never let my boundaries be pushed by anyone hence me addressing you as I have. Now if you have an issue, that isn’t my issue to deal with.