Sow 

Corbineau 

Gregory

Kamberi

Gibson 

Johnson

Byers 

Berhinio 

I keep hearing that Moores recruitment has been great but I don’t buy into that 

We didn’t need Hunt or Wing 

Sow Corbineau and Shopido don’t look as effective as Kadeem Harris and that takes some doing 

We are desperate for a left footed centre back but we are 10 games in and not seen Gibson yet 

Johnson is getting pelters because he is playing left back and is a wide player 

I think the recruitment has been bang average tbh to say we are probably one of the highest payers in the division 

Mental post. Simply mental

• Like 1

1/4 of the season gone on Saturday.

Can you pick our best front 3? That’s where we brought in umpteen players. Then we’ve Windass shortly, who sadly looks an absolute shoe-in. 

Said this all along - we’ve acquired quantity, not quality. So Moore is trying to keep a massive group of mediocre players happy. Tough task, which does not lend itself to success very often.

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Your just not getting it  are you? have you bought into the 'this is a hard League to get out of nonsense???

By the way i see your declared DM 11 saw no room for either Windass,or Patterson? whats to add?

So DM prefers to leave one up front,unsupported,and wonders why we are scoring less goals than those propping up the bottom of the Division??

The fans want to see there team entertain,to create goal scoring opportunities,put crosses into the box,show some variation on dead balls,use Pattersons long throw,..and stop this silly nonsense of rolling the ball out.#

and for me BPF is fast losing his confidence,after his great start,we are fast becoming a GK graveyard for young keepers...

They are(or should be) the last line of defence,not the first is every young GK sh*te? didnt Wildsmith show promise until dropped by Jos? Didnt CD look decent to start?

Something very wrong at S6 in my view

DM will not change his 'style' such is the lack of quality in this Division we will stll pick up points,so he might keep his job,but is mid table in Div 3 really acceptable?

Windass, injured before the season started, Pato, it's anybody's guess where he plays, and I think he expected those two and Palmer to leave by the end of the window.

This formation is supposed to attack down the flanks with the opposite winger providing the support to the striker in the box. The striker is supposed to make space for the wingers to get forward then get in the box.

BPF was said to be good but error prone, that's why he's here and not at a better club.

The rolling it out wee wees me off too, we don't have the players on the pitch for it at the minute. My point is, he thought he did in Hitch, Gibson, Byers, Luongo but they're injured, or Bannan, who won't stay at the back as required.

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Windass, injured before the season started, Pato, it's anybody's guess where he plays, and I think he expected those two and Palmer to leave by the end of the window.

This formation is supposed to attack down the flanks with the opposite winger providing the support to the striker in the box. The striker is supposed to make space for the wingers to get forward then get in the box.

BPF was said to be good but error prone, that's why he's here and not at a better club.

The rolling it out wee wees me off too, we don't have the players on the pitch for it at the minute. My point is, he thought he did in Hitch, Gibson, Byers, Luongo but they're injured, or Bannan, who won't stay at the back as required.

Re Bannan he has had him playing all over the shop including attacking midfielder (failed)

and on the right wing (failed)

and you say he won’t stay at the back

lol

6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Re Bannan he has had him playing all over the shop including attacking midfielder (failed)

and on the right wing (failed)

and you say he won’t stay at the back

lol

But he played him deep before that, also failed. There were numerous threads on here about it at the time.

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But he played him deep before that, also failed. There were numerous threads on here about it at the time.

So we have established rolling it out from the back is flawed whoever plays especially with Iorfa and Dunkley at the back so unless Gibson turns into Bobby Moore when we finally see him then we don’t have the personal to play that system 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

So we have established rolling it out from the back is flawed whoever plays especially with Iorfa and Dunkley at the back so unless Gibson turns into Bobby Moore when we finally see him then we don’t have the personal to play that system 

It's just what it looks like to me.

Gibson's supposed to be a good distributor, Hutch can do it too. Then he wanted Bannan and Luongo/Byers in front of them. Those players should thrive on playing from the back, but it hasn't happened. My problem is more with the lack of movement up front, forcing the short passes because of lack of space, but I'm not going i to that.

On 03/10/2021 at 21:51, NeonLeon said:

In Wing’s case it’s being played in a different position to the one he played at Rotherham isn’t it?

I’d stick my neck out and say that’s probably the case for half of them to be fair!

Yes exactly my point but I forgot to add the ……. At the end.  Basically if Rotherham had our squad of players this season, with the likes of Wing playing in their correct position and with a decent manager,  I would predict they’d be top two - not midtable as we find ourselves 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's just what it looks like to me.

Gibson's supposed to be a good distributor, Hutch can do it too. Then he wanted Bannan and Luongo/Byers in front of them. Those players should thrive on playing from the back, but it hasn't happened. My problem is more with the lack of movement up front, forcing the short passes because of lack of space, but I'm not going i to that.

Been no lack of effort from Gregory re movement the problem is he’s isolated apart from Wigan where Paterson got up there with him and we looked a far better side? Also had brown in that side who may lack the quality of shodipo buf works twice as hard ? As been said before moore doesn’t know his best 11 and worse still certain players keep there shirts regardless? We really should be at least 5/7 points better off if we’d taken our chances in certain games but you can see the op lift their game when we run out of ideas and the manager seems to have very little idea how to mix things up whist the game going on

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Been no lack of effort from Gregory re movement the problem is he’s isolated apart from Wigan where Paterson got up there with him and we looked a far better side? Also had brown in that side who may lack the quality of shodipo buf works twice as hard ? As been said before moore doesn’t know his best 11 and worse still certain players keep there shirts regardless? We really should be at least 5/7 points better off if we’d taken our chances in certain games but you can see the op lift their game when we run out of ideas and the manager seems to have very little idea how to mix things up whist the game going on

Gregory doesn't lack effort, I actually like him. It's when we have the ball in our own half, he just sits in the middle, 4-5 yards our side of their defenders. This means they keep their shape and can press easily with midfield clogged.

If he's constantly running from side to side, threatening behind, they'll drop off a bit and follow him. If we put it in the channels, one of the CBs is there to support immediately. So we tap it about. And they push up more, we lose it then they bang it over where their striker is making a run behind.

Look at Oxford second half, twice the shots, better crosses, faster play. Because Berahino was moving their defence around, causing space on the opposite side. They moved back as there was a threat behind, meaning more space in midfield. There were massive gaps then for Palmer to run into and we were pushing it forward quickly, bacause the space was there to push into.

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

1/4 of the season gone on Saturday.

Can you pick our best front 3? That’s where we brought in umpteen players. Then we’ve Windass shortly, who sadly looks an absolute shoe-in. 

Said this all along - we’ve acquired quantity, not quality. So Moore is trying to keep a massive group of mediocre players happy. Tough task, which does not lend itself to success very often.

What do you see the turnover being like in the window Andy ? + We have two big performers crocked at the mo would be great to see those two back and on form. 

Gregory doesn't lack effort, I actually like him. It's when we have the ball in our own half, he just sits in the middle, 4-5 yards our side of their defenders. This means they keep their shape and can press easily with midfield clogged.

If he's constantly running from side to side, threatening behind, they'll drop off a bit and follow him. If we put it in the channels, one of the CBs is there to support immediately. So we tap it about. And they push up more, we lose it then they bang it over where their striker is making a run behind.

Look at Oxford second half, twice the shots, better crosses, faster play. Because Berahino was moving their defence around, causing space on the opposite side. They moved back as there was a threat behind, meaning more space in midfield. There were massive gaps then for Palmer to run into and we were pushing it forward quickly, bacause the space was there to push into.

Totally agree we just ain’t set up right imo we have no style of play no passages of play where you think there’s a goal coming ? Everything is dependent atm on luck ( one of our players doing something) mistakes from their defence and scraps for our forwards to pick up? Doncaster 2nd half fleetwood first 30mins shrewsbury first 30 we looked ok? I’m only going on home games but when op manager switches things around to match us up or stop us that’s it....nothing from moore to try to change it up again? I can understand 4-3-3 away but at home we need to have a go . Most of us will be ok with us having a go and if that’s not good enough then fair enough but he always seems more worried about other team than setting us up to actually have a go and win

20 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Totally agree we just ain’t set up right imo we have no style of play no passages of play where you think there’s a goal coming ? Everything is dependent atm on luck ( one of our players doing something) mistakes from their defence and scraps for our forwards to pick up? Doncaster 2nd half fleetwood first 30mins shrewsbury first 30 we looked ok? I’m only going on home games but when op manager switches things around to match us up or stop us that’s it....nothing from moore to try to change it up again? I can understand 4-3-3 away but at home we need to have a go . Most of us will be ok with us having a go and if that’s not good enough then fair enough but he always seems more worried about other team than setting us up to actually have a go and win

I do actually think we're improving. Doesn't look like it, but there are little things here and there.

Atm I think that DM is scared and under pressure, so playing safe. I think that he feels obligated to play certain players whether they fit in or not, shoehorning Bannan in on the RW, or playing Gregory when he doesn't fit because he can't drop the top scorer.

We haven't actually changed the formation all season, just tweaked. It's always been 4231 with the 10 playing forward or deeper. The wingers have never been on the front line like a proper 433.

Defensively, we're solid TACTICALLY. No howlers and we've only conceded  4 or 5 in 10. The issue is the 2 in front of the back 4. Because we aren't getting that right the wingers are playing deeper to cover, not pushing up.

Playing from the back isn't tapping it about around the back, it's taking a couple of touches, then hitting the runners. The runners don't have space as the CBs are just sat waiting on the edges of the centre circle for them, so we keep tapping it about.

This issue isn't our recruitment, it is everyone else's.

We signed a few Championship players over the summer and Wednesdayites got all excited and said how wonderful it was whilst being completely bloody ignorant at the fact that everyone else in the division was doing the same. it is not so much that we overate our signings but underrate everyone else's squad. 

1 minute ago, George said:

This issue isn't our recruitment, it is everyone else's.

We signed a few Championship players over the summer and Wednesdayites got all excited and said how wonderful it was whilst being completely bloody ignorant at the fact that everyone else in the division was doing the same. it is not so much that we overate our signings but underrate everyone else's squad. 

They also all have the full complement of loanees from the Championship and Prem.

I do actually think we're improving. Doesn't look like it, but there are little things here and there.

Atm I think that DM is scared and under pressure, so playing safe. I think that he feels obligated to play certain players whether they fit in or not, shoehorning Bannan in on the RW, or playing Gregory when he doesn't fit because he can't drop the top scorer.

We haven't actually changed the formation all season, just tweaked. It's always been 4231 with the 10 playing forward or deeper. The wingers have never been on the front line like a proper 433.

Defensively, we're solid TACTICALLY. No howlers and we've only conceded  4 or 5 in 10. The issue is the 2 in front of the back 4. Because we aren't getting that right the wingers are playing deeper to cover, not pushing up.

Playing from the back isn't tapping it about around the back, it's taking a couple of touches, then hitting the runners. The runners don't have space as the CBs are just sat waiting on the edges of the centre circle for them, so we keep tapping it about.

Do you just make things up to embellish your argument 

we have conceded 9 up to now

and Plymouth could have had 6 

No howlers

lol