Moore’s Recruitment

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Recruitment was very good, this squad is absolutely good enough to get promoted and be a mid table championship club.

It really is the lack of cohesion between the players, as well as setting them up in way they're not suited to playing. If we can solve the central midfield problem, the rest will click. 

Stick Luongo and Adeniran in a midfield 2 with pace out wide and 2 up front and we'll start to smash teams.

Luongo is injured and I’d be amazed if he makes more that 25% of this seasons matches. I’d literally swap 4 of our wide players for a decent Luongo replacement! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pretty decent recruitment considering we were known as the club who don’t pay their players on time up until start of July.

I think we’ve signed too many attacking players - to the point where Moore doesn’t know his best team. A manager should know his starting 11 ahead of the first game for me. Moore doesn’t and we’re in to October.

We have some good quick players but we don’t utilise them. We should be playing with two wingers and two strikers in this division with the attacking talent we have. 

Wing is a good player but not sure we are playing to his strengths whatsoever. He looked better in a two for me before he was subbed off. 

I keep saying it but let’s just go 4-4-2 and stop over-complicating things. 

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Hutchison Brown

Shodipo Adenarin Bannan Johnson

Gregory Berahino

100% agree with this and the team you suggest.

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

BPF 

Hunt 

Brown

Wing

Adeniran

Shopido

Sow 

Corbineau 

Gregory

Kamberi

Gibson 

Johnson

Byers 

Berhinio 

I keep hearing that Moores recruitment has been great but I don’t buy into that 

We didn’t need Hunt or Wing 

Sow Corbineau and Shopido don’t look as effective as Kadeem Harris and that takes some doing 

We are desperate for a left footed centre back but we are 10 games in and not seen Gibson yet 

Johnson is getting pelters because he is playing left back and is a wide player 

I think the recruitment has been bang average tbh to say we are probably one of the highest payers in the division 

Majority of them have had little game time and or are not  played in their natural position. We certainty have ,two many wingers particular odd given DM is not playing with wingers. So hard to make a judgement given bizarre team selections.

Edited by Big Jack

12 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

I think it’s more about trying to play out from the back …… You don’t play like that in league one ….. Moore needs to realise … quick !!!!

For me we need to play players that suit their natural position, square pegs in square holes etc...

Our play needs be more dynamic with and without the ball. 

We move the ball so slowly which means you just don't create the space of pull/catch opposition players out of position to create opportunities. For example our wide players hardly ever seem to get a quick ball where they can drive at the fullback. It could be becouse we seem to want to play 25 passes to go 10 yards forward. Most of the passing under Moore seems to go backwards. 

11 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Re Hunt 

His race is run I wasn’t impressed first time around 

doesn’t mean we there was not another right back available, cheaper, younger and more talented 

Time will tell but I stand by my comments on Sow Corbineau and Shopido , Kamberi looks like he has something but not sure what 

If there was someone cheaper, younger and better, I'm pretty sure us and a few others would have been in for them.

I disagree i think the recruitment was good and we have got a squad of good players.

We did however IMO sign too many.

That said its the management team which now has to get a style and team out of them thats capable of pushing the top 2 never mind the top 6.

This is where we are lacking IMO. I think a decent manager could come with this squad get us going and push the top with these players. I was hoping Moore would but sadly it looks less likely each day. 

Go 442 and attack and we will be a lot better.

I think that DM had a squad in mind with recruitment.

BPF

Hunt, Iorfa, Hutch/Gibson, Brown

Bannan, Byers/Luongo

Theo/Sow, Wing, Shodipo/Johnson

Berahino

With Adeniran to cover the DMs, Kamberi as backup striker, Dunkley as backup to Iorfa.

Palmer and Pato weren't nailed on to stay.

Unfortunately Hutch/Gibson got injured. Bannan can't play DM so got moved around. Byers/Luongo injured. Johnson played his first game at LW, Brown did it better. Hunt was getting targeted at RB so Pato came on to cover. Wing not too hot with Bannan in the middle so moved back to DM. Berahino transfer delayed by COVID, got Gregory at the last minute as everyone was kicking off about a striker.

Things don't always work out, he's had one window, no preseason. Players aren't performing up to expectations.

The side above should be able to play from the back, but that's not the side we have at the minute.

We've only conceded 9 goals, on par with Rotherham. Only Wigan less with 7. 4-5 of those were individual errors, not tactics.

Everyone wants an identity, a style. He's trying to implement one. But now he should be sacked because it's not working immediately. 

It's going to take a while.

• Like 1

I fell for the trap in the summer...'some great signings by Moore...he knows what he's doing etc etc.'..said on here by the more knowledgeable  ( not a dig)

But really I didn't know anything about most...in fact not a clue...never even heard of a lot of em.

That's the last time I believe anything wrote on here.😁

21 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

In Wing’s case it’s being played in a different position to the one he played at Rotherham isn’t it?

I’d stick my neck out and say that’s probably the case for half of them to be fair!

Why do we do that? Sign players who played well in a particular role and then play them in a different role and wonder why they are not doing as well? Always seems to happen at Wednesday for some reason? 🤔

It’s like watching 11 robots programmed to do the same boring predictable things week after week with chief robot on the side lines doing and saying exactly the same.

we have some quality players but the robotic shackles need removing and pronto.

22 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

BPF 

Hunt 

Brown

Wing

Adeniran

Shopido

Sow 

Corbineau 

Gregory

Kamberi

Gibson 

Johnson

Byers 

Berhinio 

I keep hearing that Moores recruitment has been great but I don’t buy into that 

We didn’t need Hunt or Wing 

Sow Corbineau and Shopido don’t look as effective as Kadeem Harris and that takes some doing 

We are desperate for a left footed centre back but we are 10 games in and not seen Gibson yet 

Johnson is getting pelters because he is playing left back and is a wide player 

I think the recruitment has been bang average tbh to say we are probably one of the highest payers in the division 

We didn’t need Jack Hunt? 

Do you even watch Palmer week in, week out?

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

We didn’t need Jack Hunt? 

Do you even watch Palmer week in, week out?

The idea when recruiting new players should be to improve on what we have and Jack Hunt does not fill that requirement, I can’t think of 1 attribute Hunt has that is an improvement on Palmer 

From the very off Moore was battling against the wind. He was aware that there was little prospect to be found in taking a cocktail stick with which to stab a cockle.

I think he deployed the trawler net method pulling on board the Cod, Haddock and Place along with the necessary yet less savoury Fish. This method will be proved come January if the less savoury are put out to pasture and a further batch of greater quality replaces them.

There are a few down the pecking order who are getting a little more than their fair share of game time; Yet there is no way Moore want's to hear the words "We never had a chance". 

In the short term I think results and performances will begin to improve as the wheat and chaff separate. Maybe markedly so in the light of the next window.

I know nothing for certain here, just trying to apply a little logic.    

8 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I think that DM had a squad in mind with recruitment.

BPF

Hunt, Iorfa, Hutch/Gibson, Brown

Bannan, Byers/Luongo

Theo/Sow, Wing, Shodipo/Johnson

Berahino

With Adeniran to cover the DMs, Kamberi as backup striker, Dunkley as backup to Iorfa.

Palmer and Pato weren't nailed on to stay.

Unfortunately Hutch/Gibson got injured. Bannan can't play DM so got moved around. Byers/Luongo injured. Johnson played his first game at LW, Brown did it better. Hunt was getting targeted at RB so Pato came on to cover. Wing not too hot with Bannan in the middle so moved back to DM. Berahino transfer delayed by COVID, got Gregory at the last minute as everyone was kicking off about a striker.

Things don't always work out, he's had one window, no preseason. Players aren't performing up to expectations.

The side above should be able to play from the back, but that's not the side we have at the minute.

We've only conceded 9 goals, on par with Rotherham. Only Wigan less with 7. 4-5 of those were individual errors, not tactics.

Everyone wants an identity, a style. He's trying to implement one. But now he should be sacked because it's not working immediately. 

It's going to take a while.

Your just not getting it  are you? have you bought into the 'this is a hard League to get out of nonsense???

By the way i see your declared DM 11 saw no room for either Windass,or Patterson? whats to add?

So DM prefers to leave one up front,unsupported,and wonders why we are scoring less goals than those propping up the bottom of the Division??

The fans want to see there team entertain,to create goal scoring opportunities,put crosses into the box,show some variation on dead balls,use Pattersons long throw,..and stop this silly nonsense of rolling the ball out.#

and for me BPF is fast losing his confidence,after his great start,we are fast becoming a GK graveyard for young keepers...

They are(or should be) the last line of defence,not the first is every young GK sh*te? didnt Wildsmith show promise until dropped by Jos? Didnt CD look decent to start?

Something very wrong at S6 in my view

DM will not change his 'style' such is the lack of quality in this Division we will stll pick up points,so he might keep his job,but is mid table in Div 3 really acceptable?