Sow 

Corbineau 

Gregory

Kamberi

Gibson 

Johnson

Byers 

Berhinio 

I keep hearing that Moores recruitment has been great but I don’t buy into that 

We didn’t need Hunt or Wing 

Sow Corbineau and Shopido don’t look as effective as Kadeem Harris and that takes some doing 

We are desperate for a left footed centre back but we are 10 games in and not seen Gibson yet 

Johnson is getting pelters because he is playing left back and is a wide player 

I think the recruitment has been bang average tbh to say we are probably one of the highest payers in the division 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just taking a couple of examples, Wolves fans were raving about Corbeanu when we signed him. Said they were surprised he wasn’t kept for their squad for this season.  Wing got rave reviews at Rotherham last season in the league above.  For some reason players who are rated elsewhere, aren’t very good at S6. 

• Like 7

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Just taking a couple of examples, Wolves fans were raving about Corbeanu when we signed him. Said they were surprised he wasn’t kept for their squad for this season.  Wing got rave reviews at Rotherham last season in the league above.  For some reason players who are rated elsewhere, aren’t very good at S6. 

In Wing’s case it’s being played in a different position to the one he played at Rotherham isn’t it?

I’d stick my neck out and say that’s probably the case for half of them to be fair!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

I think it’s more about trying to play out from the back …… You don’t play like that in league one ….. Moore needs to realise … quick !!!!

Think you are spot on but still need to have the right players 

We need to put round pegs into round holes. I do feel his recruiting has been good tho I just don’t understand all the chopping and changing. Individuals wise I think we’ve got the best players on paper in league. But for some reason it’s just not working. It’s a different starting 11 near enough but it’s the same performance and results where getting. We’re still crying out for the grit and urgency/passion we want to see. For me we don’t look like we want it.

• Like 2

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Think you are spot on but still need to have the right players 

I think we’ve got a more than capable squad …. But Moore’s tactics are crap………Cut the playing out from the back out ….. more attacks and crosses from the wings….would soon turn things round …… but sadly I think Darren Moore won’t do it ………….. Nice but Dim …!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Under the financial circumstances he was working, and considering the size of rebuild required, he  probably did as well as he could, . We have been screaming for a clearout for a few seasons, and we finally got one, but unfortunately it had to be made up of free transfers and loans.  That seriously limits the quality of player you can bring in, overall.

I think we will only be able to judge things properly when the season is further along. It might yet come good, and I am trying to remain optimistic.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I don’t rate the recruitment and I said so at the time. But he was working with his hands tied really. What else could he have done? Chansiri is and always has been the problem recently. Let’s not forget that he is the reason why we are in this damn league to begin with 

• Like 3

Out of 13 signings can't really say more than 1 or 2 are doing well so far sadly.

Could argue theres alot of back up but despite all the signings we badly need luongo and windass fit, iorfa, bannan, pato, performing most games and staying fit and 1 or 2 more to step up imo

4 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Under the financial circumstances he was working, and considering the size of rebuild required, he  probably did as well as he could, . We have been screaming for a clearout for a few seasons, and we finally got one, but unfortunately it had to be made up of free transfers and loans.  That seriously limits the quality of player you can bring in, overall.

I think we will only be able to judge things properly when the season is further along. It might yet come good, and I am trying to remain optimistic.

I think that’s a fair assessment & outlook in the circumstances 

• Like 1

BPF - Flaky

Hunt - Who is the right back if Palmer gets injured and we didn't have Hunt?

Brown - Consistent for my money. One of the most consistent. May even be a great left back. We might find out one day.

Adeniran- Gives us energy in the middle and gets into the box and tries to get shots away. Something out central midfield hasn't had for ages.

Shopido Been in and out of the side and picked up that debut strain. Given a run I expect he'll do far more than Harris ever did

Sow Not seen enough.

Corbineau Not seen enough

Gregory will poach if we get the ball in the opposition box occasionally 

Kamberi Thought he was starting to look match fit before he was bombed

Gibson Who knows  really. Who's seen him play? Crystal ball needed to know he'd get crocked.

Johnson Not a defender. Nice cross on Saturday though.

Byers Decent passer of the ball. Surprised we haven't seem more seeing as that's how we're trying to play.

Berhinio Should have probably had a debut hat-trick. Hit the post yesterday. 

Took a pay cut to come here. A no risk signing. Given a run I can see him being a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest LondonOwl313

There’s more than enough quality in this squad to win the league. Who has a better squad than us at this level?

The fact that we’re not top is down to a bit of bad luck, Shrewsbury and Ipswich results costing us 4 points. And poor management not setting us up right and being tactically inept