The £6.4m loan secured against Hillsborough

ANDY

Just now, mcmigo said:

Why have owlstalk then?

We don’t pick the team, sign the players , tell them where to play , so have no power over that either.

we have just been relegated because we couldn’t pay players and decided to mess about with our accounting and fans are telling other fans to not think or comment about possibly more late payments . Very odd 

Good question, sure my time could be better spent!

lol

I'm not telling anyone what to think or comment on and have said it is a concern for me.

Just think that it is something none of us really know anything about at the moment, which is why we are reliant on the journalists who have direct contacts within the club to keep raising the questions.

As far as concentrating more about things on the pitch, it is at least something some of us actually see and pass comment on from at least a self-belief of some understanding of it! 😂

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Why have owlstalk then?

We don’t pick the team, sign the players , tell them where to play , so have no power over that either.

we have just been relegated because we couldn’t pay players and decided to mess about with our accounting and fans are telling other fans to not think or comment about possibly more late payments . Very odd 

A lot of fans just bury their heads in the sand mate ( not a dig at HBW ) I've noticed it, fans just seen content with even going again even through all that shìte that saw us drop ...he signed a few players and Moore muttered a few erms and all was good for a new season ticket, might be just out of habit but come on, we had an opportunity to make move but most just renewed their ST'S, ...Cant work them out but whilst fans spend money and seem happy Chansiri carries on steering this  ship into oblivion. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

.Cant work them out but whilst fans spend money and seem happy Chansiri carries on steering this  ship into oblivion. 

if we all stop going the club would cease to exist.....who would buy a club that has no supporters?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Why have owlstalk then?

Don’t think anyone was saying you can’t discuss it ( this isn’t Facebook) just not to worry about it. Buddha said there’s no point worrying about yesterday, you can’t change it, and no point worrying about tomorrow because it has not happened. It only causes you stress and unhappiness. Focus your attention on today and the things you can affect.

Its a great principle to live your life by, and one that has helped me life a far less stressful life. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

if we all stop going the club would cease to exist.....who would buy a club that has no supporters?

That's the default answer.

Whos to say the club wouldn't exist ? Chansiri  has even said it with his own mouth that the fans money doesn't put a dent in proceedings.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ANDY said:

Yeah

ill stop whittling about it

after all it’s only losing Hillsborough we’re talking about. 

We lost Hillsborough once DC mortgaged it, am i happy about that no, but what in effect can fans do, apart from continual sufferance watching Wednesday. No doubt us fans will get the blame for the clubs failings, we are the ones who are always the victims of owners whims.

13 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

A lot of fans just bury their heads in the sand mate ( not a dig at HBW ) I've noticed it, fans just seen content with even going again even through all that shìte that saw us drop ...he signed a few players and Moore muttered a few erms and all was good for a new season ticket, might be just out of habit but come on, we had an opportunity to make move but most just renewed their ST'S, ...Cant work them out but whilst fans spend money and seem happy Chansiri carries on steering this  ship into oblivion. 

It isn't about anyone burying their heads in the sand.

If you want the club to be sold to a new owner do you think thousands of fans deciding not to go anymore would make the club a more attractive prospect to buy? Do you think it would encourage the current owner to set a realistic purchase price?

Fans in the main do not buy season tickets and go to Hillsborough every home game to support the owner, they go to support their football team, as many have done through generations under multiple different owners.

18 hours ago, ANDY said:

@YesWeCrann has

hes been told everything is ok

just like everything was ok before the embargo’s etc etc 

We're looking into it, but as I'm sure has been mentioned on here, only the Chairman actually knows what's going on with this. And unless we get chance to speak with him then we can't really speculate.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

We're looking into it, but as I'm sure has been mentioned on here, only the Chairman actually knows what's going on with this. And unless we get chance to speak with him then we can't really speculate.

Hardly giving Bernstein and Woodward a run for their money…

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

So nobody else at the club, the COO, the finance director etc. is available for comment on a multi-million pound payment that is now listed as overdue?

If not then state that is the case. When was the last time you got the chance to speak to the chairman on any subject?

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Hardly giving Bernstein and Woodward a run for their money…

I'm not sure what you want us to do with something like this? When nobody except the owner knows something, how must I get information on it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

I'm not sure what you want us to do with something like this? When nobody except the owner knows something, how must I get information on it?

Kidnap his wife. Follow him around, get compromising pictures, bribe him.

Use your initiative man lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So nobody else at the club, the COO, the finance director etc. is available for comment on a multi-million pound payment that is now listed as overdue?

If not then state that is the case. When was the last time you got the chance to speak to the chairman on any subject?

Well given it’s not the club that owes it why would a club employee know about or comment on it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Well given it’s not the club that owes it why would a club employee know about or comment on it?

They are probably not privy to the information but you can only ask. If the ownership of the stadium, the place where they work, changes hands then you would expect the COO and the finance director to be informed. 

If the ownership of the place where I work changes hands then those involved are duty bound to inform the employees. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They are probably not privy to the information but you can only ask. If the ownership of the stadium, the place where they work, changes hands then you would expect the COO and the finance director to be informed. 

If the ownership of the place where I work changes hands then those involved are duty bound to inform the employees. 

If the ownership of the company you worked for changed hands I’d agree, if the building they rent changed hands maybe not. 

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why would the COO and FD of a company know anything about the debt repayment strategy of a completely different company?

19 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

If the star will pay my train fare and expenses I am prepared to go up to Bangkok and ask him