The £6.4m loan secured against Hillsborough

ANDY

46 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some agreement to roll over the loan if it isn’t paid. The types of companies who lend on this basis aren’t normally interested in actually seizing the asset and then getting into a fistfight about collecting rent from an entity that can’t afford to pay it. As long as they get their interest they are normally satisfied. But we will see. 

Agree re the agreement.

The company though is actually a single solicitor called Nigel Weiss with few assets. I know solicitors are wealthy but they normally dont have £6m lying around. He is also a director of a company called Tactica Sports. There are a few more likely candidates on there - especially the two Americans who own a tech company in California -  that might have privately contributed to getting the funds together. 

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07891726/TACTICA-SPORTS-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Chansiri will be paying a huge premium for getting access to funds this way. Shows the level of desperation. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Agree re the agreement.

The company though is actually a single solicitor called Nigel Weiss with few assets. I know solicitors are wealthy but they normally dont have £6m lying around. He is also a director of a company called Tactica Sports. There are a few more likely candidates on there - especially the two Americans who own a tech company in California -  that might have privately contributed to getting the funds together. 

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07891726/TACTICA-SPORTS-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Chansiri will be paying a huge premium for getting access to funds this way. Shows the level of desperation. 

The fees behind this loan will definitely be high for sure. In property terms £6.4 million isn’t that big a sum really. But the set up fees and interest will be pretty eye watering compared to a domestic mortgage. 

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

At an interest rate of 20%+??

So good, no risk lending really at 15%loan to value, they should be happy with this so no need to go through the pain and cost of a repossession

How do you know the interest rate on the loan? 

According to chansiri this relates to a rolling debt inherited that the interest is insignificant (to him) and is a rolling deal but due to covid the lender wanted additional security hence that charge registered with co house.

Probably find out in week or two when charge is satisfied and/or renewed

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ANDY said:

This is up for being repaid by tomorrow (30 sept). Failure will result in Hillsborough being transferred to the loan lender. 

Do we think Mr Chansiri has got £6.4m to repay the loan ?  

If he doesn’t and the lender gets Hillsborough then he will be due £3m a year for the next 30 years. 

Not a bad bit of business if Chansiri doesn’t cough up. Instead of getting his £6.4m back he will be trousering the best part of £90m

Thoughts ?? 

Wise business, very shrewd move 👌

17 hours ago, ANDY said:

This is up for being repaid by tomorrow (30 sept). Failure will result in Hillsborough being transferred to the loan lender. 

Do we think Mr Chansiri has got £6.4m to repay the loan ?  

If he doesn’t and the lender gets Hillsborough then he will be due £3m a year for the next 30 years. 

Not a bad bit of business if Chansiri doesn’t cough up. Instead of getting his £6.4m back he will be trousering the best part of £90m

Thoughts ?? 

Hope he has to give them £90m, and never comes back to Sheffield again

• Like 1

My worry has for this season always been this loan.

Whatever happens happens on the pitch this year may impact us for a season, whatever happens with this can impact us for decades and worse see us lose our home. 

What's picked up the anxiety levels is that if he had the intention of paying, why wait til the final day? I reckon we have a rocky road ahead sadly. Hope to Waddle I'm wrong