The £6.4m loan secured against Hillsborough

ANDY

On 09/10/2021 at 09:24, Asio otus said:

We lost Hillsborough once DC mortgaged it, am i happy about that no, but what in effect can fans do, apart from continual sufferance watching Wednesday. No doubt us fans will get the blame for the clubs failings, we are the ones who are always the victims of owners whims.

So whose is it then? 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

About as clear as DM’s team selections really if am honest 

Basically he hasn't paid the debt back but has kicked it down the road which has cost Chancer 200k to be able to do so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Basically he hasn't paid the debt back but has kicked it down the road which has cost Chancer 200k to be able to do so. 

And for this £6.4m debt he’s given them the keys to Hillsborough as security ?   And who exactly has given them this security ? I thought the consensus was he/we don’t own Hillsborough anymore ?

Have to admit I’ve not been following this 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How can the entirety of Hillsborough be secured against a 6.4m loan ? 

It's like a mortgage isn't it in this case? Fail to keep up the repayments and the property moves into the hands of the lender? 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And for this £6.4m debt he’s given them the keys to Hillsborough as security ?   And who exactly has given them this security ? I thought the consensus was he/we don’t own Hillsborough anymore ?

He, or his wife own Hillsborough through one of the Sheffield 2/3/4/5)6/7 companies he also owns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Sheffield 3 Ltd own the ground, Sheffield 3 is owned by Chansiri, the charge is between Avenue Projects & Sheffield 3 Ltd.

Here's the trust view on the matter from around the time news of the deal broke:

https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/blog/hillsborough-stadium-ownership

32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sheffield 3 Ltd own the ground, Sheffield 3 is owned by Chansiri, the charge is between Avenue Projects & Sheffield 3 Ltd.

Here's the trust view on the matter from around the time news of the deal broke:

https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/blog/hillsborough-stadium-ownership

Is that good or bad news?

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that good or bad news?

Who knows!

I wouldn't say it is good news if, as reported, the payment that was due has simply been kicked down the road for 12 months with 200K added, although a 3% interest/charge for failing to pay a £6.4M payment seems pretty reasonable in the general sense of lending!