If

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I recommend anyone even considering laying this at Darren Moores door to simply watch that goal again 

And then just stop being a nobber

It’s Moore’s responsibility.

yours

king of the nobbers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We weren't obsessed with p1ssing about with the ball and playing it out from the back, even in the 90th minute when we could do with just belting it long, we'd have won that. 

Don't blame BPF. Blame Moore

He dropped the ball to kick it long. It was nothing to do with playing it out from the back.

Westwood used to do it all the time.

If BPF had wanted to play it short, he would have bowled it out to Iorfa, not dropped it and allowed the attacker to close Iorfa down by a couple of yards to then subsequently pass to him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I recommend anyone even considering laying this at Darren Moores door to simply watch that goal again 

100%.

Plus all this talk of 'playing it out from the back' completely ignores the fact that he dropped the ball ready to punt it upfield as the team pushed up.

If our defenders had come short, he could have just rolled it out to them.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Playing out from the back is ridiculous at this level.

Playing out from the back didn't do much for us in the Champ, either.

The players involved aren't good enough.

If I were a keeper with that "philosophy" being played in front of me, I'd be nervous and dropping clangers.

It's lucky that we didn't concede 5 minutes before, or there's a good chance we'd have come home with nothing.

Plip-plop.

I must of blinked and missed us playing out from the back last season. Just remember lots of games of lumping it long under Monk and Pulis and losing every week.

We started playing it short near the end of the season, beat Cardiff 5-0, beat Blackburn, lost narrowly to Norwich and should have beaten Rotherham and Bristol City but we missed a hatful of chances.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely bang on. As the boss of this site, can’t you bring in a rule to ban people for being stupid?

Mind you, I guess you would be busy if you implemented that rule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

100%.

Plus all this talk of 'playing it out from the back' completely ignores the fact that he dropped the ball ready to punt it upfield as the team pushed up.

If our defenders had come short, he could have just rolled it out to them.

If our defenders had shouted ‘he’s BEHIND you!!!’ It would have been fine too - works in the pantos 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We weren't obsessed with p1ssing about with the ball and playing it out from the back, even in the 90th minute when we could do with just belting it long, we'd have won that. 

Don't blame BPF. Blame Moore

Peacock-Farrell is to blame for dropping 2 points in the last minute due to an inexcusable error.

Moore is to blame for the increasingly frustrating approach to our play. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Peacock-Farrell is to blame for dropping 2 points in the last minute due to an inexcusable error.

Moore is to blame for the increasingly frustrating approach to our play. 

Moore’s approach hasn’t cost us that game though. If we see the game out, which in all honestly we were always looking likely too. The meltdown currently occurring on Owlstalk doesn’t happen.

• Haha 1

BPF was entirely to blame for us not winning today BUT we would have only been papering over the cracks.

Playing like we did today a decent side would’ve been home and dry by the 90th minute, the only reason we were in the position to win it was because Ipswich have been hopeless all season. There were 2 very poor sides out there today.

As each game passes I grow less and less convinced that Darren Moore will ever get this group of players playing to their potential.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I must of blinked and missed us playing out from the back last season. Just remember lots of games of lumping it long under Monk and Pulis and losing every week.

We started playing it short near the end of the season, beat Cardiff 5-0, beat Blackburn, lost narrowly to Norwich and should have beaten Rotherham and Bristol City but we missed a hatful of chances.

I was referring to the spell under Jos.

There was nothing narrow about the loss to the Canaries that day...

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

So Moore instructed him to dilly dally on the ball did he ? 🤯

It’s about being organised, well drilled, coached and professional.

None of which, on the face of it, appears to apply  to this team at the moment.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Moore’s approach hasn’t cost us that game though. If we see the game out, which in all honestly we were always looking likely too. The meltdown currently occurring on Owlstalk doesn’t happen.

Do you think Moore is getting the best out of the team?

Do you think his negative substitutions today invited needless pressure? 

Yes the keeper error is what ultimately cost the points but Moore needs to get more out of our team. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Individual mistakes happen.

We've been looking like an accident waiting to happen every game for the full duration of each match since playing like this though, you have to admit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You think playing out from the back is BPFs tactic?