If

Guest Grandad

We weren't obsessed with p1ssing about with the ball and playing it out from the back, even in the 90th minute when we could do with just belting it long, we'd have won that. 

Don't blame BPF. Blame Moore

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But even if he was booting it up field, he would have dropped the ball and still had his pants pulled down?

Keepers fault. Nowt to do with playing out from the back.

Not if he kicks from his hands 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But even if he was booting it up field, he would have dropped the ball and still had his pants pulled down?

Keepers fault. Nowt to do with playing out from the back.

It's clear by now though, that the players are instructed to play out from the back and that comes from Moore. So, BPF was always going to drop the ball to run the clock down further, it's what he would have been instructed to do. It's a system issue that we play out from the back, but it was an error by the keeper to not even check around him. The ipswich player knew he would drop the ball, hence he stuck behind him.

I think the kid has some serious concentration issues that need to be addressed.

Do keepers still do that nowadays? 

If there's a player behind them they do!

lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We weren't obsessed with p1ssing about with the ball and playing it out from the back, even in the 90th minute when we could do with just belting it long, we'd have won that. 

Don't blame BPF. Blame Moore

Or maybe both Moore and BPF aren't good enough ? 

Playing out from the back, you have to have very decent players know what they are doing in order for you to be able to do it properly and precisely, problem is we haven't and yet we still keep doing it ? 

Moore should walk tonight for his blindness.....with BPF in the same taxi.(no pun intended)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Don't agree, all second half we went long, every goal kick towards the end was long.

BPF was going long, just wanted to luck from the floor. Totally keepers fault again. Sunday League mistake that

I watch a lot of Sunday League. I've never once seen a keeper do that

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

It's clear by now though, that the players are instructed to play out from the back and that comes from Moore. So, BPF was always going to drop the ball to run the clock down further, it's what he would have been instructed to do. It's a system issue that we play out from the back, but it was an error by the keeper to not even check around him. The ipswich player knew he would drop the ball, hence he stuck behind him.

I think the kid has some serious concentration issues that need to be addressed.

If there's a player behind them they do!

lol

I don’t think you can attribute that mistake to playing out the back. It’s just desperately poor and lazy goalkeeping.

I actually thought we looked alright playing out from the back in the first half.

• Like 1

Footballing principles are one thing, but we ply our trade in the third division.

I'm not sure where I am with Moore right now, but his unwillingness to be a bit more happy to play to our environment, with the players we have make me think he may be a bit too one dimensional.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Playing out from the back, you have to have very decent players know what they are doing in order for you to be able to do it properly and precisely, problem is we haven't and yet we still keep doing it ? 

Moore should walk tonight for his blindness.....with BPF in the same taxi.(no pun intended)

Playing out from the back is ridiculous at this level.

Playing out from the back didn't do much for us in the Champ, either.

The players involved aren't good enough.

If I were a keeper with that "philosophy" being played in front of me, I'd be nervous and dropping clangers.

It's lucky that we didn't concede 5 minutes before, or there's a good chance we'd have come home with nothing.

Plip-plop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think you can attribute that mistake to playing out the back. It’s just desperately poor and lazy goalkeeping.

I actually thought we looked alright playing out from the back in the first half.

It's absolutely a GK error, not disputing that, just highlighting that it was something that would be more likely to happen to use, given the keeper has clear concentration issues and we play out from the back. 

I thought we looked poor playing out from the back all the game, not sure what looked good about it, the whole performance was lacklustre. 

• Like 1

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Playing out from the back is ridiculous at this level.

Playing out from the back didn't do much for us in the Champ, either.

The players involved aren't good enough.

If I were a keeper with that "philosophy" being played in front of me, I'd be nervous and dropping clangers.

It's lucky that we didn't concede 5 minutes before, or there's a good chance we'd have come home with nothing.

Plip-plop.

Absolutely.

Big question is will Moore keep playing it ? 

I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with his tactics already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

they’ll both be here for the season as it’s D-Taxis 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Absolutely.

Big question is will Moore keep playing it ? 

I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with his tactics already.

His tactics aren’t for the keeper to let their players stand behind him and nick the ball off em like that though 

If they ARE then he should be sacked immediately 

But they aren’t 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop