Positive week coming up!

What is wrong with some of you!

I am 68 years old so obviously seen loads of ups and down. At a very young age I was to be found at Hillsborough on someone's shoulders watching the 1st team and the reserves. Leppings Lane for the first team and South stand for reserves.

The Boxing day massacre I sat in the director's box and witnessed the celebrations in the tunnel afterwards courtesy of Big Jack.

Remember not eating my tea if we'd lost after walking the miles back home with tears in my eyes.

I'm no different from most but stop myself from overreacting.

Yes... when we lose I feel pain, probably drink too much, argue too easily with the missus and withdraw from the usual banter. But I don't want to hear all this negative, knee jerk stuff which just makes things worse.

No-one can predict what will happen this season for any teams in the division. Criticising players for every action can only make them cautious and nervous. From my experience a player will know how well or otherwise they played.

Give them a chance, it's far too early to write anyone off. UTO

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

We live in the digital age. 

Social media connectivity and engagement with the fanbase is an absolute must. 

Theres a generation of children (and young adults) who have born into a world in which it is the norm. 

Wednesday HAVE to do this sort of thing. It's a huge tool in hauling and hooking the next generation of supporters. 

The old school method of being taken by father and grandfather is one way. The way we all were brought into it. 

But in these times of (what feels at times) like physical isolation beaming these images into the back pockets of the young ones is a vital aid. 

Much of it is beyond me. But we have to recognise its potential in reaching out to the younger fans. Because, well, bluntly, us older chaps wont be around forever. 

Wednesday have often  been a bit behind on this score and I'm pleased to see they've upped their output and their game in general in this area.

Give over. It's gratuitous tosh! Do you really believe what you've just written? Start winning games and looking something like and the kids (and adults) will be happy. It's really not that difficult

1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

Give over. It's gratuitous tosh! Do you really believe what you've just written? Start winning games and looking something like and the kids (and adults) will be happy. It's really not that difficult

Can do both

Win AND have social media updates

Not sure why you’re struggling here it really is that simple 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I dont have to believe it or not. I just have to see the nephews and nieces watching it on their phones and forwarding it to their chums on snuggle or whatever it's called. 

• Love 2

48 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

TBH it's just the modern equivalent of the black and white pictures of players / posters of Terry Curran that The Star used to give away. I loved those as a kid. It helps people to engage with the club - and that's not a bad thing. Of course winning would also encourage support but we can never guarantee that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jim said:

We are all part of the problem, some will admit it like myself, some won’t, simple as that. Other big city clubs have been and continue to be successful, Sheffield Clubs struggle continuously both now and in the past.

Why is that? I think it’s pretty obvious and the general nature of Sheffield folk is a big part of the problem. Yes we’re decent folk but we’re very negative, suspicious, critical and sarcastic at the same time. I just don’t see it ever changing.

This is absolutely spot on. We're a cynical bunch who enjoy moaning possibly more than success as its more comfortable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

We live in the digital age. 

Social media connectivity and engagement with the fanbase is an absolute must. 

Theres a generation of children (and young adults) who have born into a world in which it is the norm. 

Wednesday HAVE to do this sort of thing. It's a huge tool in hauling and hooking the next generation of supporters. 

The old school method of being taken by father and grandfather is one way. The way we all were brought into it. 

But in these times of (what feels at times) like physical isolation beaming these images into the back pockets of the young ones is a vital aid. 

Much of it is beyond me. But we have to recognise its potential in reaching out to the younger fans. Because, well, bluntly, us older chaps wont be around forever. 

Wednesday have often  been a bit behind on this score and I'm pleased to see they've upped their output and their game in general in this area.

Anyone disagreeing with this is clearly out of touch with the youf.

Kids love social media. Getting players to connect better with fans (young ones especially) via social media is only a good thing for the club. 

It's the mindless turds who spout aggressive rubbish after any defeat that make it difficult.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Same here

All that matters is matchday

And that's fine

But those calling for the social media stuff to end is like someone saying 'they should scrap radios, reclining seats, glove boxes and air-con in cars because all I need is to get from one place to another'

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Social media is the way forward for every club.

They have to engage with the current & potential fans or the fans will engage with a club that does.

DM said he told the players to “let’s not believe the hype” after Saturday’s defeat regarding what we may or may not do this season.

It’s a double edged sword.

We lost to Plymouth IMO because “enough” of our lads believe that hype.

I’m all for the videos to continue.

• Like 1

WARNING WARNING WARNING

IT'S TOO LATE NOW - REPEAT - IT'S TOO LATE

I'm really sorry to break this news to you but I have some very bad news

Other clubs have been reading this thread and have seen the discussion on social media and happy photos of players being to blame for our defeat at Plymouth at the weekend and have done the right thing and scrapped their entire social media teams meaning they are guaranteed a win this weekend

Sadly we've kept ours and that's going to be at the expense of promotion (OBVS)

The other clubs thank you all for spotting the easiest way to win and can't believe the answer was right there staring them in the face all along

They said to mention that they'd been doing midweek videos of players in training, had been doing photos of players smiling and yet all along didn't realise that this meant that they'd not be winning matches as a direct result.

So basically we're left now all alone on the social media island, putting out happy videos and photos of our players enjoying their week, and we will now be the only club that can't win matches

So we're doomed

You lot were right

The happy videos have caused the club to crumble and we're heading for extinction because of that photo of Barry Bannan and Liam Palmer smiling

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO ALL OF YOU WHO POINTED THIS OUT

Damn....

RIP SWFC

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, debram said:

We need everyone to be positive, it breeds success, key is to put the graft in, uto. 

Most definitely mate - that's why I've been batting off the nutters blaming the midweek videos and photos of barry bannan smiling as the reason for the defeat

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't have to 

You can choose not to watch it or listen to it

That's the beauty of it - it wasn't made specifically and solely for YOU to be forced to watch
It was made for the whole fanbase
And then people can choose whether to watch or not

Most people who don't want to watch it choose not to watch it and don't watch it

Many fans do

I agree, and so does Roy Chubby Brown, People in Sheffield need to lighten up.

Makes no difference to what does or doesn't happen on the pitch.

More vids for me.

• Love 1