Ipswich ticket news

I don't understand how Ipswich can demand and enforce such rules for entry. Yes they'll say it is their condition of entry but it is not law and not an FA or EFL condition for watching football and just today it has been said the government are not going to enforce a vaccine passport scheme entry to nightclubs and large events in England. Therefore surely breaching our human rights or some such right. I personally can't abide all this human rights stuff but in this case I make an exception. Just hope somebody takes idiotic clubs like Ipswich to the courts to stop it. 

I don't have a photo driving licence and I wouldn't want to take my passport to a football match. I know people too whose passports have expired and haven't bother to renew just yet as they have no intention of going abroad at the current time. I assume the gate men wouldn't be bright enough to check expiry dates!

A ridiculous approach by Ipswich. In meantime let's hope away fans make it unworkable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Lyndon said:

I don't understand how Ipswich can demand and enforce such rules for entry. Yes they'll say it is their condition of entry but it is not law and not an FA or EFL condition for watching football and just today it has been said the government are not going to enforce a vaccine passport scheme entry to nightclubs and large events in England. Therefore surely breaching our human rights or some such right. I personally can't abide all this human rights stuff but in this case I make an exception. Just hope somebody takes idiotic clubs like Ipswich to the courts to stop it. 

I don't have a photo driving licence and I wouldn't want to take my passport to a football match. I know people too whose passports have expired and haven't bother to renew just yet as they have no intention of going abroad at the current time. I assume the gate men wouldn't be bright enough to check expiry dates!

A ridiculous approach by Ipswich. In meantime let's hope away fans make it unworkable.

In fairness you can stop someone entering pretty much anywhere without a reason. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

correct and for starters what happens if a gang of lads go to pubs together and have 6 different sets of seats and time slots? sick of this stuff its time people take a stand and not let these control freaks run us into the ground , all the nonsense in the news about a firebreak in october too . 

What stand are you going take apart from your whinging on here?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lyndon said:

so agree , there is no way i would take a passport to a game , my passport only is in my pocket if i go abroad which at the min ive no intension of doing , a holiday is about destressing and relaxing what will all these rules it couldnt be more opposite . say if 30% turn up what dont have either then what? 600 angry supports outside? who is creating these rules needs to take there double mask off there goggles visor etc etc and take a deep breath and bloody relax .  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Then what’s the point of it? And yes they did. 

FACT CHECK - NO. NO they did not

I think you might need to check your own understanding on this one mate
The vaccine doesn't stop you getting something or passing it on - nor has anyone said it is

Sounds like you have misunderstood what the vaccine is and is for

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I have personally prepared over 50,000 COVID samples for genetic sequencing. My current job is working in science publishing. I somewhat know what I am talking about and how to read scientific papers. When I want to know something, I don't read the "mainstream media" as I know you would like to type, I read the primary scientific literature. That way, I read the studies directly and don't have to have other people's interpretation of the results clouding the message. 

The efficacy of the vaccine during clinical trials was reported. Good, but not 100%. The efficacy of the vaccine against the delta variant was also reported... reduced, but nonetheless, still reasonably efficable. We have months of real-world data of monitoring hospital infections vs total infections and how they have been altered by the vaccine... the real world hospitalisation statistics and death statistics corroborate exactly with what the above initial studies on vaccines suggested would happen. All of this from the actual published evidence. 

If there are two people, one who gets his information directly from the information sources (published evidence), and another who gets his news from people that are interpreting the sources for him and then going "this is what this means, honest"... which one do you think is more likely to need to "open their eyes"?

I think plonk should deactivate their account after being schooled on a level as extreme as this. 

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The problem is throughout this whole pandemic we’ve had science by media.  It’s no wonder some folk don’t have faith in the vaccine, or believe some other nonsense, when the media is pumping out gonads on an almost hourly basis.

People who are not qualified to talk about virology or vaccine efficacy are analysing and making bold (and dangerous) claims - see Robert Pestons tweets yesterday.

• Like 4

Staggered arrival times.

Covid vaccination/negative test proof.

Photo ID.

These were all in place for the Euro 2020 matches at Wembley. The stewards didn't care or barely checked. I suspect Ipswich won't be much difference.

Follow what they are asking fans to do of course... just don't be surprised if it ends up feeling like a waste of time...

Guest 1banana2banana
3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You know that's not true. Why post it?

Excuse me? You do realise you can catch and pass Covid on if you’ve had a jab? If you are saying otherwise then wow. Even the media outlets have all reported this. Jesus 

4 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Excuse me? You do realise you can catch and pass Covid on if you’ve had a jab? If you are saying otherwise then wow. Even the media outlets have all reported this. Jesus 

I caught covid well after being double jabbed then i passed it to missus and she had also been double jabbed

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Few questions for our resident expert 

How many deaths have there been for under 40s with no underlying health conditions? 

what percentage of deaths have been in the obese? 

what percentage of Covid hospitalisations have been people vitamin d deficient? 

all relatively easy to answer for an expert such as yourself.  The issue isn’t ’false information’ from either side…. It’s the missing information conveniently left out. 

pre vaccine the average Covid death age was higher than the average age of death. People don’t like to hear that but again, it’s true. 

there isn’t a 1 argument fits all here. There is no doubt that the vaccine has saved thousands of lives. If over 50 I would take it without hesitation as the risk from Covid increases from there and above 

if healthy and under 50 the stats are clear as day. 

I really really wish people cared about their health this much on other issues which are far more likely to kill them 

500 deaths a day from heart disease yet we are a country that shuts gyms and leaves macdonalds open during a pandemic. 
500 cancer deaths a day yet nobody is shouting at smokers calling them selfish for abusing the nhs on Internet forums. 

odd odd world we live in. 

Why ask the expert? You clearly know the answers to those questions.

Why don't you go ahead tell us?

References to your sources would be great as well. Preferably peer reviewed papers or journals.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

I am not saying that, I have never said that, I don't know how you can possibly interpret where I've said that.

In fact... it would be a really laborious and boring task, but if you wanted, you could look at my posting history... I legitimately don't think a single week has gone by during the last 4 months where I haven't mentioned that the vaccine isn't 100% efficable at preventing transmission. 

Imagine how thick I would have to be to read all those scientific papers that say the vaccine isn't 100% efficable and then concluding that it was actually 100% efficable...

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Can anyone answer me why the club ate only putting 1 coach on for away games this season?

Because very few travel on Inter City Owl nowadays, most fans prefer to travel much earlier by other means so they can have a few drinks pre match. 

Wednesdayite is favoured over ICO, they usually run 2 buses, they did yesterday.