Mr paterson

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

If we keep all those at training yesterday and add six descent loan signings we should be OK. Left back, two attack minded midfielders, a good winger who can deliver quality crosses and a couple of strikers. Paterson will get goals if he gets good service, simple. 

I’m sorry but I really dislike it when people end a sentence with the word simple. What I hate more is when people say simples. 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
19 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

I’m sorry but I really dislike it when people end a sentence with the word simple. What I hate more is when people say simples. 

Don't read my posts then Simples. 

19 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Really hate what you did there lol

Really grinds my gears. 

it’s like a child’s way of putting a point across, or someone that’s trying to be funny, but can’t actually be funny. 

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky

Spoke to him the other day, lost a fair bit of timber, not sure if this will be a good thing, but you'll see a difference come the start of the season.

"ITK me guv, honest"

12 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

He scored 9 goals from 36 starts in all competitions. (1 in 4.)

He scored 8 of our 40 league goals that's a fifth.

Not a disastrous return, in a dreadful season for the club, for someone who is a utility player.

LOL...facts getting in the way of a good trolling...

5 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Spoke to him the other day, lost a fair bit of timber, not sure if this will be a good thing, but you'll see a difference come the start of the season.

"ITK me guv, honest"

Hope Doom doesn't see your post...can imagine it now owls players could face starvation due to possible delay in wages..... possible  food bank at the training ground!

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Paterson is easily good enough for this league.

Agree but if we play him as a cf like any striker he'll need the service. 

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Of course he is, a lot of fans here think that we are better than we are. all of our current squad are good enough (some too good) to play in L1.

Correct. We have a skeleton team of decent championship players, but many had injuries or didn't hit form last season and there aren't enough of them to fill a squad.  We need to beef up the squad and hope a few of the young ones come through.

13 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I am pretty sure all them players we saw on the training pitch have had their wages paid. 

Those waiting to leave the club on June 30th. Probably not so lucky.

so they could become creditors then and ultimately take action against the club, yes? Force us into admin...

Guest mrbluesky
35 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Hope Doom doesn't see your post...can imagine it now owls players could face starvation due to possible delay in wages..... possible  food bank at the training ground!

lol

On 29/06/2021 at 09:20, gizowl said:

If we keep all those at training yesterday and add six descent loan signings we should be OK. Left back, two attack minded midfielders, a good winger who can deliver quality crosses and a couple of strikers. Paterson will get goals if he gets good service, simple. 

Six decent players? That's more than half a new side we have to bring in just to have a respectable season.

You are lucky if 50% of your signings come off and we our record in recruitment I am not optimistic.