Mr paterson

I think Paterson is a bit of an enigma. At times he looks like a typical sunday league player, hardly any pace, burley, ruffles feathers up front and gives his all. Then, out of nowhere he does something that takes your breath away and your left scratching your head saying how has he done that?

If we had an unlimited budget I'd love us to keep him. I think he's great for morale and definitely gives his all (which whilst should be a given is certainly not in last few years). I do wonder what his salary could buy if not spent on him though. Piggott, Wickham, Chuks??? An out an out striker may be better than him for the cost outlay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Paterson is a good character, works hard, but needs to nail down a position on the pitch. 

I don't think he's a candidate for the lone striker role, in the 3 behind maybe?

Agree with that, he's not greatest with back to goal, ref's seem to target him and give defenders the freekick similar to Nuhiu. 

• Like 2

Guest gizowl

If we keep all those at training yesterday and add six descent loan signings we should be OK. Left back, two attack minded midfielders, a good winger who can deliver quality crosses and a couple of strikers. Paterson will get goals if he gets good service, simple. 

8 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

He'll be superb this year seriously!! ... We need characters like him... Erm we need anyone at all actually!!! 😄

Fully agree with this, forget flair, forget silky skills, this season we will need him more than most.

I’d be glad if he stayed and think he’d be an asset in L1. I like him in the three behind the striker. Causing a nuisance and being a shîthouse. But, if an offer came in that saw us get more than we paid for him I guess he’d be on his way. 

• Like 2