Mr paterson

11 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Dont need characters we need footballers with ability. Paterson doesn't have much.

Agreed, but if he had much in the way of ability, he wouldn’t be potentially starting the season with a League One club.

We need people who can scrap and battle for 90 minutes - and I reckon Paterson will fit the bill here.

The lad is a throwback a reminder to the meggo days of reda, llera and semedo. 

Not blessed with pace, basic technical ability, but full of heart and brimming with endeavour and charachter. 

It's once again just the sort of player we need to get back out of this division no nonsense grafters. 

• Like 3

Patto had a couple of games as the advanced central midfielder in a 5 man midfield, where he looked at home and played really well. Covered acres, disrupted their back 4 passing and arrived at good times in the box. Rhodes and Windass played ahead of him. He will be a big asset for us this year, I think people will appreciate his attributes more.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pieman said:

Patto had a couple of games as the advanced central midfielder in a 5 man midfield, where he looked at home and played really well. Covered acres, disrupted their back 4 passing and arrived at good times in the box. Rhodes and Windass played ahead of him. He will be a big asset for us this year, I think people will appreciate his attributes more.

Bang on

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The lad is a throwback a reminder to the meggo days of reda, llera and semedo. 

Not blessed with pace, basic technical ability, but full of heart and brimming with endeavour and charachter. 

It's once again just the sort of player we need to get back out of this division no nonsense grafters. 

Yep - spot on

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Pieman said:

Ive no idea why Moore deviated from playing Rhodes, Windass and Paterson. Our results were so much better when they all played.

Unfathomable.

I think Paterson will be an excellent L1 player for us if he stays.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1