SOUTHGATE OUT

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I've thought this a few times. 

Who is there? 

I don't think any of the current English managers would do any better to be brutally honest. We just don't produce top class managers and coaches imo. 

As an English pick, Gerrard?

Might get pelters for it but I wouldn’t be opposed to Wenger getting the job. He had a decent record in the cups with Arsenal, a track record of bringing through young players and playing good football. Stylistically, completely different, but I reckon Benitez would be an effective international manager, looks like he’s off to Everton though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Bielsa

Or if he could be tempted then Pep

Never going to happen. They want the involvement of club football, not a once every few months job. Pep is all or nothing, takes time out or completely immersed. Bielsa has apparently been wandering around coaching kids teams as he's bored without his team to coach in the summer.

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Never going to happen. They want the involvement of club football, not a once every few months job. Pep is all or nothing, takes time out or completely immersed. Bielsa has apparently been wandering around coaching kids teams as he's bored without his team to coach in the summer.

Bielsa spent 1998-2011 only as an international manager so not sure how true that is regarding him. I wouldn't expect we would have any chance to get Pep

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I've thought this a few times. 

Who is there? 

I don't think any of the current English managers would do any better to be brutally honest. We just don't produce top class managers and coaches imo. 

I think we do they just don't get the chance to progress because they're in England and the clubs have too much money so they don't have to promote internally. More of our coaches should look to move abroad and prove themselves like some of the younger players have started doing. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Bielsa spent 1998-2011 only as an international manager so not sure how true that is regarding him. I wouldn't expect we would have any chance to get Pep

That was a decade ago at a different time of his career in his native South America.

We could always ask the question I suppose but I'd never bet against the answer he would give as being no. 

Pep lol 

here’s what I can 100% promise will happen. We’ll lose to ze germans in the second round and you lot will hound Southgate out. We’ll end up with gerrard or rooney after being turned down by Bruce. 

pep lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

Pep lol 

here’s what I can 100% promise will happen. We’ll lose to ze germans in the second round and you lot will hound Southgate out. We’ll end up with gerrard or rooney after being turned down by Bruce. 

pep lol 

Gerrards a decent shout mate 

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

He will NEVER take us to a WC semi final. 

Plus he’s a dirty horrible scum bag.

Is he?

Why?

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Bielsa would be fantastic. Now there is a gaffer who doesn’t ******** play no lose football against tin pot outfits like Scotland. I’d even have Wilder ahead of Southgate tbh

He doesn't speak English does he? Could be a draw back if so.

I'd take his look alike Jack Duckworth over Southgate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Pep lol 

pep lol 

It's not necessary to act the clown in every thread you know

You probably never saw or don't remember Capello's AC Milan side - as close as it gets to football perfection - i'd rank them alongside Barca under Pep when they destroyed Man U at Wembley in the CL Final

Never in a million years did i think we'd get him as England manager 

What's Pep got left to achieve - success in Italy and then he's done it in the big 4 leagues 

He may fancy a stab at international manager - he knows enough about the English game and players and he knows that anybody that can get the group performing and winning a major tournament will be a national hero

As ever you never know until you ask

My guess is if we go foreign it'll be Mourinho - 10 years too late

If we stay English it'll be Gerrard - 5 years too early

• Like 1