SOUTHGATE OUT

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I recall him not changing anything when we were being dominated in midfield… last night GS didn’t seem to want to make any changes in midfield either. No tactical changes or bravery. 

Last night we could’ve put Grealish on sooner or used Sancho, who has played 0 minutes so far. Instead played out a dull 0-0.

What a waste. 

Said the exact same.

Belgium brought De Bruyne on at half time because, their first half performance wasn’t good enough. Southgate is scared to be bold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Calls me a clown 

Claims Jose Morinho as next England manager 

amazing 

I'll debate football with anybody - i love it and respect people who want to take my points and respond to them with their counter points and make their case - love it

i'm not interested in trying to have a civil conversation with a troll

Fill yer boots

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Said the exact same.

Belgium brought De Bruyne on at half time because, their first half performance wasn’t good enough. Southgate is scared to be bold.

I think we were desperate for a change at half time - in fact it could have be done after about 25 minutes because it's obvious what we were doing needed changing - or even rearrange tactically on pitch.

I get the optics of doing that but this is the sharp end of international football - not a charity match

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scram said:

I'll debate football with anybody - i love it and respect people who want to take my points and respond to them with their counter points and make their case - love it

i'm not interested in trying to have a civil conversation with a troll

Fill yer boots

Grow up 

and you’re the one trolling 

hell will freeze over before Jose mourinho becomes England manager. 

if anyone’s posting incendiary nonsense it’s you 

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Grow up 

Incendiary :tango:

And i didn't realise you were Mourinho

Just now, scram said:

Incendiary :tango:

And i didn't realise you were Mourinho

Nah it’s ok mate. We’re obvs both a bit baffled with England and our never ending bizarre and unnecessarily stupid performances and decisions.

bit in all seriousness didnt Jose say he would never manage portugal or any national side. I though that was just a certainty? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood.

Gerrard managing England would really upset me. I don’t like him at all. I’d prefer Rooney and I think he’s poor as a manager. 

id prefer big Sam or Bruce or almost any English manager who had managed in the premier league. 

im still keen to see what Southgate can get out of the team for now. 

if he somehow gets us to the semis again… can anyone ask for his resignation? 

33 minutes ago, scram said:

Capello did have some bad luck tbf - the terry debacle, losing Rooney and the Lampard goal that didn't stand at a pivotal point in the game

And his overall record was decent

I think his win ratio was one of the best - if not the best

I'm never gonna get on board with the last WC being some sort of triumph - i'm not going down that rabbit hole because we all know the context - and how we were overall in the tournament

I said it at the time (got negged to death when they were a thing) and i stand by it - losing to a mediocre Croatia in the semi final was not a triumph

Younger fans will look back on that as i do about Mexico 86 and Italia 90

Clutching at straws with the Lampard goal, Germany outclassed us and we were abysmal in the group stage. 

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Grow up 

Imagine being told to grow up for posts on a forum by Taz!

lol

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Clutching at straws with the Lampard goal, Germany outclassed us and we were abysmal in the group stage. 

We celebrated scraping a 1-0 against Slovenia like it was a quarter final win against France. 

22 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Said the exact same.

Exactly mate. Where is the bravery !? 

We have Grealish, Sancho and Bellingham to add some flair (I don’t actually like that word) but no, Mr.KeepItTheSame was too worried. 

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

We celebrated scraping a 1-0 against Slovenia like it was a quarter final win against France. 

Exactly, it had come to that because we were useless throughout the tournament. 

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Nah it’s ok mate. We’re obvs both a bit baffled with England and our never ending bizarre and unnecessarily stupid performances and decisions.

bit in all seriousness didnt Jose say he would never manage portugal or any national side. I though that was just a certainty? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood.

Gerrard managing England would really upset me. I don’t like him at all. I’d prefer Rooney and I think he’s poor as a manager. 

id prefer big Sam or Bruce or almost any English manager who had managed in the premier league. 

im still keen to see what Southgate can get out of the team for now. 

if he somehow gets us to the semis again… can anyone ask for his resignation? 

Football can (does) make fools of all of us

I'm well aware that we can win the tournament or even come a plucky runner up and my posts will go in the hall of f*ckwittery fame.

And i sincerely hope they do because England winning is way more important to me than whether my analysis proves correct

In the grand scheme of things a disappointing draw with Scotland doesn't matter - it's a means to an end

If we win i'll party like its 1999

I'm desperate for us to win something 

• Like 3