Izzy Brown released by Chelsea

I’m sure this kid has bags of talent, but that is only one aspect of becoming a good footballer who can deliver consistently.

Footballers with much less talent, but a more rounded set of skills, including integral things like determination and work rate, will go on to be much more successful than him

3 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I’m sure this kid has bags of talent, but that is only one aspect of becoming a good footballer who can deliver consistently.

Footballers with much less talent, but a more rounded set of skills, including integral things like determination and work rate, will go on to be much more successful than him

Sad but true

A couple of year's ago on Talksport Jason Cundy was talking about the ridiculous situation with loan players at Chelsea. IIRC they around 40 players on loan. He said that they were on around £30k.a week or £1.5 million a year so I'm guessing Brown won't be too worried for a while. The question is when he's earning that much where's the incentive to try harder?

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

The guy's chucking a career away ... no application whatsoever.

But helped keep Luton up.

Gotta wonder if club can't get best in this environment.

Like João.

My Brighton in-laws warned me how bad he was when he signed and it still annoys me that they were right.  

To me he sums up life in 2021,  has the skills and tricks for YouTube or TikTok videos or whatever kids use these days, but get him in a match and he can’t really perform. I’d expect to see him drop down the leagues now

• Like 2