Forestieri. Best since Di Canio.

10 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

What a player. Will miss seeing players of FF quality Almost single handedly took us to Wembley on his own at times. His reward? A past it 31 year old failed striker coming in on way more money then him. 

And people blame FF. LOL 

The past it 31-year-old striker who has played more top level football than him and is still playing more regularly and outscoring him now? 

Fletcher almost single handedly had us in the top 6 last season when Forestieri was sulking/not fit/unavailable. We saw what happened when he got injured in a cup game there was no need to play him in. 

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The past it 31-year-old striker who has played more top level football than him and is still playing more regularly and outscoring him now? 

Fletcher almost single handedly had us in the top 6 last season when Forestieri was sulking/not fit/unavailable. We saw what happened when he got injured in a cup game there was no need to play him in. 

FF did more for Wednesday than Fletcher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

FF did more for Wednesday than Fletcher.

Forestieri was here for a season longer. 

In the 4 seasons they were with us at the same time Fletcher outscored Forestieri by about 12 goals. When we signed him Fletcher had played at a higher level and had scored more goals, it was understandable we offered him more money, especially without a transfer fee as well, no need for Forestieri to chuck the toys out of the pram on that basis. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Forestieri was here for a season longer. 

In the 4 seasons they were with us at the same time Fletcher outscored Forestieri by about 12 goals. When we signed him Fletcher had played at a higher level and had scored more goals, it was understandable we offered him more money, especially without a transfer fee as well, no need for Forestieri to chuck the toys out of the pram on that basis. 

FF took us to Wembley that first season. He scored more goals in a season pretty much from midfield than Fletcher ever scored in a season, plus assists. 

It was poor management as ever by the club. I am not saying how he behaved was correct but it was stupid rewarding his performances that season by bringing in another player om more money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

FF took us to Wembley that first season. He scored more goals in a season pretty much from midfield than Fletcher ever scored in a season, plus assists. 

It was poor management as ever by the club. I am not saying how he behaved was correct but it was stupid rewarding his performances that season by bringing in another player om more money. 

Let it goooooo, Let ittt goooo !!!!! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Aren't you glad we no longer have this bad apple at Hillsborough? 😉

And there lie's one of the problem's at this club.

Fan's would rather worship one individual over the team.

FF had one good season out of Four.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

44 of those goals were in League One. Give Hooper 2 seasons in the 3rd division and he would have 50 more goals and plenty more assists even if he only played in half of the games. 

If he was available for selection 

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Players with more experience and having played at a higher level often get paid more money, especially when there is no transfer fee to have to pay out. 

Sulking about getting paid a couple of thousand less than Fletcher when being paid over £20,000 a week for 2nd division football sadly tells its own story.

Both were very good players for us at their best, sadly it wasn't often enough in the end. We tried to improve the team by signing a free-transfer experienced striker, those aren't grounds for others to start chucking their toys out of the pram.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Players with more experience and having played at a higher level often get paid more money, especially when there is no transfer fee to have to pay out. 

Sulking about getting paid a couple of thousand less than Fletcher when being paid over £20,000 a week for 2nd division football sadly tells its own story.

Both were very good players for us at their best, sadly it wasn't often enough in the end. We tried to improve the team by signing a free-transfer experienced striker, those aren't grounds for others to start chucking their toys out of the pram.  

Fletcher was a waste of money. Spent most of his time injured.

He is a fantastic CF but did we need him? Probably not. We needed a CB and CM.

We had Hooper, FF, Joao and Nuhui.

For the money spent on Fletcher we did not get value for money.

Did we for FF?

I think we did. FF will live long in the memory for some of his performances. Even second season I remember him away at Wolves - one of the best performances I have seen from a Wednesday striker post prem.

He signed for a minimal fee compared to others and produced.

For what it's worth I rate them both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FF was wrong not to play vs Norwich but we all make mistakes.

Di Canio was wrong to push Alcock over but we all make mistakes.

Both fiery Italien players who act on emotion.

Both let down by the club in how the club reacted to both situations.

We cut our nose off despite our faces both times and were worse off for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Fletcher was a waste of money. Spent most of his time injured.

He is a fantastic CF but did we need him? Probably not. We needed a CB and CM.

We had Hooper, FF, Joao and Nuhui.

For the money spent on Fletcher we did not get value for money.

Did we for FF?

I think we did. FF will live long in the memory for some of his performances. Even second season I remember him away at Wolves - one of the best performances I have seen from a Wednesday striker post prem.

He signed for a minimal fee compared to others and produced.

For what it's worth I rate them both.

I rate them both too and feel they both served us well for a time but in the case of Forestieri has was kept too long when we had a transfer value higher than what he was bringing to the team. Both were available last season for a squad ever decreasing in quality. Without Fletcher's goals we would probably have finished bottom 3 such was his influence last season whereas as Forestieri offered nothing.

We paid around £3M for Forestieri and nothing for Fletcher. Both earned similar high wages.

In 5 seasons, Forestieri started 89 league games with 34 sub appearances and scored 40 times

In 4 seasons, Fletcher started 90 league games with 34 sub appearances and scored 36 times. 

How you can say one was a waste of money and the other was great based on that I don't know. 

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

FF was wrong not to play vs Norwich but we all make mistakes.

Di Canio was wrong to push Alcock over but we all make mistakes.

Both fiery Italien players who act on emotion.

Both let down by the club in how the club reacted to both situations.

We cut our nose off despite our faces both times and were worse off for it.

How did the club let Forestieri down with how they reacted? He got an improved contract off the back of sulking about money when he was earning more than £25K a week as a second division footballer. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How did the club let Forestieri down with how they reacted? He got an improved contract off the back of sulking about money when he was earning more than £25K a week as a second division footballer. 

Going public.

A well ran club does not throw their own players under the bus.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I rate them both too and feel they both served us well for a time but in the case of Forestieri has was kept too long when we had a transfer value higher than what he was bringing to the team. Both were available last season for a squad ever decreasing in quality. Without Fletcher's goals we would probably have finished bottom 3 such was his influence last season whereas as Forestieri offered nothing.

We paid around £3M for Forestieri and nothing for Fletcher. Both earned similar high wages.

In 5 seasons, Forestieri started 89 league games with 34 sub appearances and scored 40 times

In 4 seasons, Fletcher started 90 league games with 34 sub appearances and scored 36 times. 

How you can say one was a waste of money and the other was great based on that I don't know. 

FF scored all his goals for a team finishing 6th and then 4th.

Yes he was here last season but unlike Fletcher, FF was getting played at full back.