Forestieri. Best since Di Canio.

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

kuchunga (75), brown,(76)dunkley(62),paterson(95),windass(64)  at championship level or above  so they patently are good enough that we have had 4 managers who cant get them to gell with what we already had  is a different matter ....... 

What are the numbers in brackets, their respective weights?

• Haha 2

I honestly think Forestieri has a pretty remarkable amount of talent, it's just that you only see it once out of every six or seven games.

Especially at that time, with the number of talented forwards at the club, it was pretty hard for even the die-hard Forestieri supporters to justify playing him week in, week out.

... the attitude problems that accompanied him later were a little unpleasant as well.  I suspect there is a reason he has always been a perennial loan player, and left Udinese on a free in the first place.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

kuchunga (75), brown,(76)dunkley(62),paterson(95),windass(64)  at championship level or above  so they patently are good enough that we have had 4 managers who cant get them to gell with what we already had  is a different matter ....... 

No, they've been picked often. Doesn't mean good enough.

It started to become clear why he, as one of the most talented footballers in the division, was regularly on the bench for Watford, the season before he signed for us.

Some great moments but on the whole, another disappointing flawed genius IMO.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Was right to let him go.

What the club got spectacularly wrong was the players we signed in the summer are no where near good enough for the championship.

However what was wrong is that we didn't let him go at the time we could've made a massive profit on him....

• Like 1

He had that brilliant first season and then it went to his head, plus you had others coming in on more money than him. 

After the whole bikegate fiasco and him pining for a move to Derby, it was never really the same, though he wasn't bad in that second season and scored some vital goals. 

Following that, he was by and large a complete non-entity and a bit of a waste of space, bar the occasional moment of brilliance. 

Throw in all the off field crap too and he ended up being a bit of a flop in the end. Quite ridicilous when you think how talented he was. 

• Like 2

I actually think pound for pound Kieran Lee and Barry Bannan have been better players for us.

Certainly more team intelligent. 

I liked Forestieri. Who doesn't like to see a player with a bit of flair. The type to produce a moment. 

Though equally , for a free transfer I have as many memories of excellent moments of off the hoof flair from Ross Wallace.

Forestieri had that spark, sadly after the first season was all too rarely seen.

A shame. But quite often the way with these temperamental maestros.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

I honestly think Forestieri has a pretty remarkable amount of talent, it's just that you only see it once out of every six or seven games.

Especially at that time, with the number of talented forwards at the club, it was pretty hard for even the die-hard Forestieri supporters to justify playing him week in, week out.

... the attitude problems that accompanied him later were a little unpleasant as well.  I suspect there is a reason he has always been a perennial loan player, and left Udinese on a free in the first place.

He was better for us until we rejected his premiership move for big money and he spat his dummy out. IMO he was good enough to play in the premiership back then and we should've either sold him immediately (that Jan window) or at least privately drafted an agreement with him to leave at the end of the season that year for a premiership club.

Instead we forced him to stay at SWFC, which eventually resulted in us incurring a massive cost (rather than a profit) for a player that spent most of his time being injured in Italy.    

• Like 2