Forestieri. Best since Di Canio.

On 17/04/2021 at 13:54, LondonOwl313 said:

If we’re talking about fitness, reliability and mentality he’s nowhere near and not even in the conversation. Some of those players listed score relatively high in those categories which gives them a clear advantage.

But if we’re talking about quality on the ball, that bit of X factor and being able to do things that other players can’t then he’s better than all of those. Brunt, Whelan and Antonio have all had better careers than him but in terms of their time here FF was better in 2015-18. I’ve included 2017-18 because he scored 5 in 10 and still looked exactly the same player when he came back after injury under Jos at the end of that season. His drop off in form came after the racism incident just before 2018-19... not sure what happened really but he wasn’t the same player. Probably didn’t help that Monk was the manager as he loved to kick players out and exclude them rather than putting an arm around them.

He wasn't the same after we stopped his move to the premiership IMO and then the increasingly negative/ crappy/ Portuguese style of football that was imposed by CC under his reign didn't help him or others either... 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

I would add Sibon to that list

I'm pretty sure (in the end) Vim Jonk was pretty good - if my memory serves me right - it's a long time ago... Then Wasn't Petter Rudi and Regi Blinker after Di Canio and Carbone?!? I can't be bothered to look up the facts on my last sentence btw - so please correct me if I'm wrong.