Accrington Stanley

14 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Still think Rushden & Diamonds is our most demeaning league fixture. Don’t think they exist anymore. 

I know absolutely nothing about Accrington Stanley other than what I see on social media about them being an extremely well run club, who cut their cloth and work well with what they have. Sounds like the complete opposite to us and exactly the type of outfit will be soundly beaten by. 

Once went to Donny to watch them play Rushden & Diamonds in the FA Cup.

Few of us went as neither Wednesday or United had a game that day so we were a mixed bunch and was something to do.

Colin West was up front for R&D.  

Leeds didn’t have a game either, we got sussed by the Donny Whites mob and a quiet day out taking in an FA Cup game turned into a mini riot.

:duntmatter:

Only a few weeks ago Accrington were possibly going to be a division above us if they reached the play-offs and won. 

We might still be welcoming Forest Green to Hillsborough. How many supporters know actually which county they play in or what their rough ground capacity is? Let that sink in when evaluating DC's impact at the club and how low we have sunk.

PS They play in Gloucestershire and their ground capacity is 5,141. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Still think Rushden & Diamonds is our most demeaning league fixture. Don’t think they exist anymore. 

I know absolutely nothing about Accrington Stanley other than what I see on social media about them being an extremely well run club, who cut their cloth and work well with what they have. Sounds like the complete opposite to us and exactly the type of outfit will be soundly beaten by. 

Me too. That 0-0 draw in the same division as us is the lowest point ever.....up to yet!   I've been to Irthlingborough and Rushden, they're villages for goodness sake!

A few years ago when Stanley re-entered the league I went to see them play Port Vale, never thought I'd be watching Wednesday there, on level terms.

I always wanted a player called Oliver or Hardy to score a last minute equaliser for them so I could see the headline  "Oliver rescues Stanley from another fine mess"

• Haha 1

On 14/04/2021 at 18:11, Grimesthorpian said:

Been to Accrington and it was a great night. Footy in the raw, not a lambourghini in sight, real fans and stonking pies.

Our 50 fans who get tickets will reyt enjoy it.

More likely to see a lambrini

On 14/04/2021 at 18:05, Miffed said:

There’s a chance that we could be playing Barrow Town or Brighton’s Academy team in a professional competition next season.  

Get the name right at least.  It's Barrow AFC, to distinguish from the rugby League club.  They only just survived in league two so we won't be playing them in the league.  

I'll be going there...it's on the edge of the Lake District..... and Harrogate....to complete the 92 again.