Accrington Stanley

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Who?

Well somebody was bound to do it :duntmatter:

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wait until you are watching us a tepid 1-1 v Accrington on a dreary Autumn afternoon at home in front of 13,000

I reckon it will be under 10000...and that's not a knee jerk reaction... I thought it the other day.... Nooone is going to give this imbecile wideboy a  penny. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrysoar said:

Last time we played them. 1892

Lost 4-2. Might fly in next season to watch us do it again next season.

Does that count because Accrington Stanley went busy in the 60's this is not the same club.

I know the last man to sign for them before they went bust. He was a great landlord at my local for years.

Still think Rushden & Diamonds is our most demeaning league fixture. Don’t think they exist anymore. 

I know absolutely nothing about Accrington Stanley other than what I see on social media about them being an extremely well run club, who cut their cloth and work well with what they have. Sounds like the complete opposite to us and exactly the type of outfit will be soundly beaten by. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Does that count because Accrington Stanley went busy in the 60's this is not the same club.

I know the last man to sign for them before they went bust. He was a great landlord at my local for years.

Not only was it not the same club as the present Accrington Stanley, it wasn't the same club as the original Accrington Stanley either. It was just Accrington.

I like the Stanley.  In my quest to do the 92 grounds (again... new non-lge clubs keep coming up), I went to watch Stanley v Rochdale about 10 years back.  Arriving about 90 minutes earlier than I expected, I went into their social club for a quiete pint before it got busy.   Imagine my surprise when a well dressed elderly man shook hands with me as I went in.  Turned out to be the chairman who was thanking every single fan going in.   I had a similar experience at Cambridge Utd when they were down in the National League.  Can you imagine a Wednesday chairman doing that?     Tiny grounds they both have, but tidy.

Plus, I saw Stanley win 3-1 at Charlton this season on Sky and was very impressed.    They might be tinpot in terms of support, but only because they are squeezed in between Burnley and Blackburn.