Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Chansiri has no idea about value for money which is why wouldn't let David Jones and likely others leave, won't discount megastore merchandise when nobody wants to pay full price, charges high S/T price. 

Yep, I think he must’ve thought he needed a transfer fee if he was to move him on. Whereas he was like the tin man for us and just needed chucking out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Not about foreign, youve seen Cloughie film and that clown owner at Derby.

About brains. Look at Leicester.

I disagree in some part

I think chansiri’s cultural differences are a major issue

His superstitious beliefs and reliance on sticking with players he considers family instead of assets

Golden elephants and healing monks were all signs of a cultural loony who has no grip on reality and shouldn’t  be running any business never mind a football club

I said on here years ago I don’t trust superstitious people and this is exactly why

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

DJ’s news is no great revelation. We’ve always had bloated squads under Chansiri. It’s a blatant waste of resources, and backfires in terms of team morale. The lack of fitness under Carlos is no surprise either. Remember Tom Lees said that if you came through your first training session unscathed after injury, Carlos deemed you ready for selection. 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, torryowl said:

He's on his 7th manager in 6 years 5 of whom he sacked so dont think he's that hesitant.

Gray wasn’t his man though, always was going to make a change. Carlos got lots of time and it was by mutual agreement as he had Swansea lined up and results here were bad. Bruce walked. Pulis made his own position untenable to force a sacking rather than just resigning. Moore is the incumbent. He’s only really sacked 2 out of the 7 and most people would say the sackings came well past the point at which they should have done.

The most random aspect of this not allowing any players to leave was Jack Hunt managed to escape the regime.

We need to track Jack down for Darren Moore , so we can get the secret on how he managed to leave. That way Moore might be able to do some revamping of the squad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

The most random aspect of this not allowing any players to leave was Jack Hunt managed to escape the regime.

We need to track Jack down for Darren Moore , so we can get the secret on how he managed to leave. That way Moore might be able to do some revamping of the squad.

You're right mate - there's nothing in this or the myriad of other stories

We're a well run club and all the ex players, ex managers, ex legends, football analysts, commentators and experts are all just making stuff up to have a go at us

Everyone's got it in for us 

Meanwhile we're being run successfully and there are no issues

Why can't people see this?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're right mate - there's nothing in this or the myriad of other stories

We're a well run club and all the ex players, ex managers, ex legends, football analysts, commentators and experts are all just making stuff up to have a go at us

Everyone's got it in for us 

Meanwhile we're being run successfully and there are no issues

Why can't people see this?

I was being sincere. I was genuinely wondering how Hunt managed to leave seeing as I do agree the Chairman has stopped so many other leaving. 

chill

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

There are still a couple of folk in the thread who either don't believe David Jones and think he just decided to make a story up and lie, or that if you read what he said and dismiss it and try to discount his story then that will somehow get you a few truefan points and make you a better Sheffield Wednesday supporter

It's just bizarre now after incident after incident after incident that there are some fans STILL clinging desperately onto supporting this chairman 

They genuinely think they are in the top echelon of fans if they agree with everything dc does and says...it’s bizzare

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

I disagree in some part

I think chansiri’s cultural differences are a major issue

His superstitious beliefs and reliance on sticking with players he considers family instead of assets

Golden elephants and healing monks were all signs of a cultural loony who has no grip on reality and shouldn’t  be running any business never mind a football club

I said on here years ago I don’t trust superstitious people and this is exactly why

Also could be part of the reason why we are losing all our best young talents. 

Young players just don't seem to be getting the same treatment here as their older team mates and I can see it being a "cultural thing". 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

They genuinely think they are in the top echelon of fans if they agree with everything dc does and says...it’s bizzare

Yeah Definitely Uberfan territory

I don’t get it though - surely if you’re a diehard blue and white blooded fan of this football club you’d support what’s best for the club at all times and not an individual chairman?

Its like they’ve got mixed up on priorities 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
54 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I was being sincere. I was genuinely wondering how Hunt managed to leave seeing as I do agree the Chairman has stopped so many other leaving. 

chill

And Joao.. but think it’s probably more that we were able to get decent fees for them and at the time the EFL wanted to see sales to comply with FFP. These older players there was likely a gap between reality and DC’s expectations.. he seems to anchor to getting a return on his assets and not cutting losses. He’s spent about £150m and the club is worth about £30m (£20m in league 1).. no chance of him writing all that off. He’ll either stay and do the bare minimum or it will get to the point where he’s forced out because he can’t keep us as a going concern. Either way isn’t good for the club 

Guest wilyfox
58 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

chill

think we needed a sale to get embargo lifted that summer. Hunt was sacrificed.

As I posted earlier, the time DJ refers to and where we are at now is chalk and cheese. We have seen a lot of that original squad leave and by this summer there might not be any left. Hunt, Joao getting sold was the start of the realisation that this needed to happen. Although to ge fair we would’ve sold Winnall too had he not done his knee and Forestieri if he didn’t have a ban looming. I think the big issue is that DC doesn’t like giving players away for free even if it saves a wage.

5 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

He doesn’t say anyone wanted him on 20/30k a week. 

He said he’d have left for less money than he was on because he wanted to play football before his career ended?

no footballer alive at the end of his career would leave say 18months early and take a 10grand pay cut or in him case prob a lot more and lose around a million in wages . its a nothing story. the only players we could have sold were lees k lee reach and forestieri i think combined we had bids totalling 40 million for that lot. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There are still a couple of folk in the thread who either don't believe David Jones and think he just decided to make a story up and lie, or that if you read what he said and dismiss it and try to discount his story then that will somehow get you a few truefan points and make you a better Sheffield Wednesday supporter

It's just bizarre now after incident after incident after incident that there are some fans STILL clinging desperately onto supporting this chairman 

It is strange how some fans think.

Like I say I don't think anyone who has watched us or taken any interest in the club over the last four years or so can defend what has gone on. Nice guy, not ill intentioned at all but needs help.

The ball is in his corner.

Guest LondonOwl313
41 minutes ago, morganowl said:

no footballer alive at the end of his career would leave say 18months early and take a 10grand pay cut or in him case prob a lot more and lose around a million in wages . its a nothing story. the only players we could have sold were lees k lee reach and forestieri i think combined we had bids totalling 40 million for that lot. 

Who came in for Kieran Lee? I remember the stories about the other three at the time but can’t recall anything on Lee