Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday

Guest LondonOwl313
13 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

We don’t need a chairman who’s heart is in the right place, we need a chairman who’s head is in the right place.

We need a chairman who’s wallet is in the right place. Chansiri lost his in 2017 and all the other issues have flowed from that 

22 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Modern football is just a giant rinse, we joined the club when we got this owner.

Players are like pieces of fine art, managers are the museum’s curator.

The players cost much more money, have much more power, less responsiblity and are much less dispensable than those appointed to lead them.

Jones was bought as someone who’d done it before, could help us do it too and paid very good money to do so.

Forgive me that my heart doesn’t bleed for neither the player nor the chairman about this sorry mess.

You don't have to care about either mate

The relevance here however is the total absolute complete collapse of our football club

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Foreign owners seem to want to be more involved than your traditional British ones. Maybe it’s a cultural thing, but they see it as more of a family. Again, not saying he should be doing it or that’s it needed, just connecting the dots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 09.15.51.jpg

David Jones has revealed Dejphon Chansiri blocked him from leaving Sheffield Wednesday despite being frozen out by Jos Luhukay.

The ex-Owls midfielder was one of four senior players that were ostracised from the first-team squad by the Dutchman, along with Keiren Westwood, Sam Hutchinson and George Boyd.

Luhukay informed Jones in pre-season that he was free to leave the club, however, after talks with Chansiri, it was clear that the Wednesday owner still regarded Jones as an asset to the club.

"There was interest and offers on the table where I could have left for other Championship clubs," Jones said.

"I had conversations with the chairman, my relationship with him was good. I think his heart is in the right place with everything he does. He's a good guy, in his opinion, he's looking after Sheffield Wednesday's best interest. It was difficult for me to get out because his thought on me didn't align with the manager's view.

"His words to me were that I was a professional that was always fit and, for example, football can change very quickly and if the manager was to part, you never know how long managers will last, the next man might want me.

The offers on the table, if Wednesday wanted a fee or wage issues, I was certainly prepared to take a pay cut and I put that on the table a number of times.

"I wanted to play football, although I'd have loved if the manager had said 'you can stay and fight for your place' but. after the conversation I'd had, and I was training with the 23s.

"You feel, as a professional at 34, I didn't want to get to the end of my contract and not be playing games. It's held me back in the last 18 months."

He’s a hoarder then...

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You see it all the time. Watch Daniel Levy at Spurs. He probably knows the players better than Mourinho. Same at Leeds. This is what footballs become. Not saying I agree, just stating facts 

I'm not sure who is making the decision is all that relevant, it is the quality of the decision which matters. I doubt Daniel Levy or any competent owner/ceo would have kept a 34 year old player on high wages on the off chance that in 12 months another manager/coach might want the player when he is 35 years old.  

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

At least this puts to bed all those theories people come up with saying that it was Chansiri who dictated that senior players be frozen out and not the managers. Very odd that we appointed two managers like that because most wouldn’t fall out with key players for no reason

Don’t remember that one...

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

I'm not sure who is making the decision is all that relevant, it is the quality of the decision which matters. I doubt Daniel Levy or any competent owner/ceo would have kept a 34 year old player on high wages on the off chance that in 12 months another manager/coach might want the player when he is 35 years old.  

That’s a good point.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon OT, 

David Jones also stated he didn’t agree with Jos and Monk isolating experienced players and confirmed there was no falling out between Westwood, Hutchison and Jos. Assumed same for Monk.

He later went on to say when he is a manager he will never isolate experienced players as it’s cutting your nose off despite your face.

Couldn’t agree more David Jones.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

He’s a hoarder then...

I really believe he is a very honourable man who believes a contract is binding and should be honoured by all parties.Unfortunately he is in the minority in football (probably in Great Britain)

Just now, pioowl said:

I really believe he is a very honourable man who believes a contract is binding and should be honoured by all parties.Unfortunately he is in the minority in football (probably in Great Britain)

Hmmm...Unless you are a corporate box holder that has been made an offer or a ST holder looking to be refunded for goods not delivered.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

Hmmm...Unless you are a corporate box holder that has been made an offer or a ST holder looking to be refunded for goods not delivered.

To be fair,he/the club were prevented from delivering the goods. My daughter has bought me and my wife theatre tickets but the shows were cancelled.No refunds offered but will be used when its possible.Never even thought about demanding a refund .

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's not just proper managers who will steer clear of our club, but proper players have every reason to as well.

Yeah imagine being forced to see your contract out even if you’re not happy or not playing. 

It’s like League of Gentlemen 

8F19D3D1-5CB0-401A-93A4-493F347D8413.jpeg

8 minutes ago, pioowl said:

To be fair,he/the club were prevented from delivering the goods. My daughter has bought me and my wife theatre tickets but the shows were cancelled.No refunds offered but will be used when its possible.Never even thought about demanding a refund .

How will it be possible to attend the remaining home games for the 2019/20 season “when possible” ? Or for that matter the 20/21 season?