Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday

53 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The more I think about this, the more I realise how much this one interview speaks to the very heart of what's wrong at our club.

'It was difficult for me to get out because his thought on me didn't align with the manager's view.'

The chairman's thoughts on a player didn't align with the manager's, so he kept the player just in case the next manager wanted him?

Irrespective of the financial implications of such at approach, where's the vision / strategy for the club coming from if that's the case? What kind of team are we aspiring to be? What kind of players do we need to suit our approach? How are we going about shaping our squad to match this strategy?

None of us can answer these questions, but far more worryingly, it's clear that our chairman can't either.

He'd rather hang on to a bunch of players the manager doesn't want (eating into his transfer budget in the process, of course), and tell them to sit tight, because the next manager he employs might have a totally different approach to the last one he hired.

There's no leadership at the top of our club, is there?

Yep the interview speaks volumes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

So much naivety with regards to modern football in this thread.

If you mean the surge of non footballing directors getting involved in the playing side, then you’re right. Seeing it more and more. You only need to watch the various documentaries at football clubs released over the years to see it 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

In Darren Moore I believe we have the right man for the job.

However,  I doubt any manager can succeed here while DC and his advisor are running things.

Moore knows league one inside out but will he have to freedom to recruit whom he wants in the summer. I doubt it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

In Darren Moore I believe we have the right man for the job.

However,  I doubt any manager can succeed here while DC and his advisor are running things.

Moore knows league one inside out but will he have to freedom to recruit whom he wants in the summer. I doubt it. 

'Darren - you must understand...I know you told Joey that he doesn't feature in your plans, but I might be sacking you soon, so I've tied him down to a new deal ready for the next manager.'

:Chansiri:

• Thanks 1

There is a course of thinking that Chansiri did this with players because of impending or current transfer embargo’s.

He said at the infamous fans forum that when embargo’s were first mentioned to him, he decided he would just hoard players if it looked like the EFL would put us under one that year. 

Obviously an awful solution to that problem, but it’s possibly a reason behind why unwanted players like Jones were kept around for so long. 

52 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

British elite families used to send idiot sons into the church, or to some obscure colonial posting. Something that didn't matter, and got them out the way.

Perhaps the new Asian elites are sending the inadequate sons off with a (finite) stash of cash to play with European sports teams.

You say it in jest but I honestly believe this is exactly what has happened with the Chansiri family.

• Like 2

Old Jos.

Complete crackpot. 

(Though I still thank him for that draw at the stain when we had 14 players missing and played 60 minutes with 10 men)

Must have been itching to sign some new players, but everytime he tried to save a few groats and do some wheeling and dealing this oaf was sticking his oar in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

FFS - can we please get a Director of Football ASAP. 

It wouldn't make any difference at all. The position stated is one of  Emotion V Business Acumen. Consequently a DOF would not be able to remedy the situation. The DC approach rather than DC has to extricate himself completely from day to day running of the club and let trusted and proven professionals get on with the job.       

Modern football is just a giant rinse, we joined the club when we got this owner.

Players are like pieces of fine art, managers are the museum’s curator.

The players cost much more money, have much more power, less responsiblity and are much less dispensable than those appointed to lead them.

Jones was bought as someone who’d done it before, could help us do it too and paid very good money to do so.

Forgive me that my heart doesn’t bleed for neither the player nor the chairman about this sorry mess.

3 hours ago, Green Calx said:

"I think his heart is in the right place with everything he does" says to me this bloke hasn't a clue what he's doing 

We don’t need a chairman who’s heart is in the right place, we need a chairman who’s head is in the right place.

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313

At least this puts to bed all those theories people come up with saying that it was Chansiri who dictated that senior players be frozen out and not the managers. Very odd that we appointed two managers like that because most wouldn’t fall out with key players for no reason