Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, Otley Owl said:

But that's one person, out of 3: What about Chansiri and Jos's side? Also, the one random bloke on the internet made a perfectly decent point. 

I disagree

What you're suggesting is that for some random reason an ex player just lied and made up a story out of the blue about how he was treat, how Chansiri runs the club etc

What I'd ask is why you think he would randomly just lie like that

I believe him - i don't think he would just make that up

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I disagree

What you're suggesting is that for some random reason an ex player just lied and made up a story out of the blue about how he was treat, how Chansiri runs the club etc

What I'd ask is why you think he would randomly just lie like that

I believe him - i don't think he would just make that up

Hmm maybe, I think I was just suggesting there's more to this than made out so far. Anyway, the other half has just got in, so before I lose this argument completely, I'm off to bed before losing another argument, ie a double argument loss. 😀

Just now, Otley Owl said:

Hmm maybe, I think I was just suggesting there's more to this than made out so far. Anyway, the other half has just got in, so before I lose this argument completely, I'm off to bed before losing another argument, ie a double argument loss. 😀

ha ha no argument here at all - I just think that it would be mad for an ex-player to wake up one morning and decide to make up a random story about being frozen out whilst also held against his will 🤣

Have a good un - night mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Theboylangers
6 hours ago, pioowl said:

If any are played with fans attending you will be able to attend if its possible. If not, you wont. If they are not played at all you will get your money back or transfer to a match of your choice.Very similar to situation at theatre.

Comparing football to the theatre.

lol

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Manager "You don't figure in my plans. You can leave the club and go further your career"

Chairman "Don't listen to hm - you're going nowhere"

Manager "But I've said I don't want him and told him to go"

Chairman "Nahhh.... he's staying"

Player "But I want to leave"

Chairman "Don't listen to this manager, the next manager might want you. You're staying"

Unreal

In a nutshell ^^

Good guy David Jones and good talker.

I don't think he's stunned anyone with what he's said but as other have eluded to, tells  us what most of us suspect about Chansiri, nice guy, not very good at the important bits of running a football club.

I think it’s worth bearing in mind that this was also a good couple of seasons ago. DC at that time was keen to keep hold of players as he thought selling them would help with FFP. But the issue with these older players is that no one really wants to pay for them.

There were suggestions at the time we rejected deals for Jones which in that context seems quite odd.  But perhaps he was over valued.

It was a formulaic way of thinking, like playing fifa or something. But the reality wasn’t there and we learnt the hard way.

We certainly aren’t blocking the sale or release of players any longer

Guest LondonOwl313
42 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s worth bearing in mind that this was also a good couple of seasons ago. DC at that time was keen to keep hold of players as he thought selling them would help with FFP. But the issue with these older players is that no one really wants to pay for them.

There were suggestions at the time we rejected deals for Jones which in that context seems quite odd.  But perhaps he was over valued.

It was a formulaic way of thinking, like playing fifa or something. But the reality wasn’t there and we learnt the hard way.

We certainly aren’t blocking the sale or release of players any longer

It tells us a few things about him really. First is that he doesn’t know when to cut his losses, particularly on players like Jones and Abdi who were unnecessary buys to start with and we should have looked to cut for whatever we could get just to get the wages off the bill even if it meant partially paying them up. Second is that he’s too hesitant sacking managers even when he clearly knows himself it’s not working. Could understand Carlos as he’d been here a long time and had some success, Bruce wasn’t his decision and it sounds like Pulis forced his hand. But Jos and Monk were clearly not working ages before he pulled the trigger, yet he didn’t do it probably because it would be an admission of failure on him appointing them in the first place.

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

. Second is that he’s too hesitant sacking managers even when he clearly knows himself it’s not working

He's on his 7th manager in 6 years 5 of whom he sacked so dont think he's that hesitant.

• Like 1

It also highlights another problem.

In that interview he stated that he found it difficult with CCs training approach, more tactical, less physical. That meant when a player didn’t play games, their physical condition was sliding and they had to find ways to get fit.

Then referenced the squad being too big with players who thought they’d play.

So ultimately, when Carlos didn’t want Rhodes for example, DC signed him.

So Carlos method regarding training was completely incompatible with an owner who wanted to hoard players.

Excellent. Cheers DC

• Like 2

not really getting all this. we gave david jones an eye popping 3 year deal believed to be 30 grand a week ,at best in 1st season he did a job in games ,based on form fitness etc he was not worth 5grand a week . what club out there would want a 34/35 year old on 30 grand a week who was way past it? the answer nobody. lets move on 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It tells us a few things about him really. First is that he doesn’t know when to cut his losses, particularly on players like Jones and Abdi who were unnecessary buys to start with and we should have looked to cut for whatever we could get just to get the wages off the bill even if it meant partially paying them up. Second is that he’s too hesitant sacking managers even when he clearly knows himself it’s not working. Could understand Carlos as he’d been here a long time and had some success, Bruce wasn’t his decision and it sounds like Pulis forced his hand. But Jos and Monk were clearly not working ages before he pulled the trigger, yet he didn’t do it probably because it would be an admission of failure on him appointing them in the first place.

Its certainly been a case of learning the hard way I think. But when it came to Jos, it did take a while to sack him but it was because Bruce hadn’t agreed to come yet. We were trying to persuade him for a good while before he agreed at which point a change was made. Whether that factored into DCs thinking on players like Jones who knows. But it was Bruce who had to convince DC to release dead wood rather than keep it n the hope of selling and he also changed part of the recruiting approach via the appointment of a couple of guys from Villa.

Guest Hornsby
18 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Foreign owners seem to want to be more involved than your traditional British ones. Maybe it’s a cultural thing, but they see it as more of a family. Again, not saying he should be doing it or that’s it needed, just connecting the dots.

Not about foreign, youve seen Cloughie film and that clown owner at Derby.

About brains. Look at Leicester.

31 minutes ago, morganowl said:

not really getting all this. we gave david jones an eye popping 3 year deal believed to be 30 grand a week ,at best in 1st season he did a job in games ,based on form fitness etc he was not worth 5grand a week . what club out there would want a 34/35 year old on 30 grand a week who was way past it? the answer nobody. lets move on 

He doesn’t say anyone wanted him on 20/30k a week. 

He said he’d have left for less money than he was on because he wanted to play football before his career ended?

On 09/04/2021 at 09:24, S72 Owl said:

Quite a few ex players and managers have said they get on well with Chansiri and that his hearts in the right place, but it’s clear he’s out of his depth. 

Id love it if he could turn it around because at least he’s put his own money in and gave it a go. 

Do I think he can turn it around? Probably not.

To turn something around, you have to be willing to admit you are going in the wrong direction.

So, no.  He's not capable.

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Good guy David Jones and good talker.

I don't think he's stunned anyone with what he's said 

There are still a couple of folk in the thread who either don't believe David Jones and think he just decided to make a story up and lie, or that if you read what he said and dismiss it and try to discount his story then that will somehow get you a few truefan points and make you a better Sheffield Wednesday supporter

It's just bizarre now after incident after incident after incident that there are some fans STILL clinging desperately onto supporting this chairman 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop