Simon Jordan - DOF?

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Within 30 seconds of meeting DC,  SJ would call him radio rental & be down the road at great speed. 

I thought adam pearson  was a good appointment he lasted 5 mins too

I been saying for years the only way out is he needs an experienced guy to take over

I have to admit now I'm wrong,  because which successful, experienced guy would/could/want to work with DC ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

It helps them to fund the next player. But doesn't really progress them through the leagues like it should does it. Which would be a worry!.

Watch them not get promoted again this season. Then sale Clark- Harris for about 7m. 

A player we were linked with last summer  and ultimately failed to sign.

Makes you want to cry sometimes, eh?

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy

He’d have no interest in coming to us at all, and why would he if he was offered? He seems like a sensible person.

He’s one of the few pundits who you can listen to and know they are 100% genuine with everything they say, he’s not scared of offending potential owners like most ex-pros are these days. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I quite like Jordan. 

Doesn't mince it. 

If you ever meet him, you might change your view. It’s perhaps safe to say he’s isn’t universally liked or respected by those who have dealt with him. I admit, he comes across well on the radio

• Like 1

Just now, WBridgfordowl said:

If you ever meet him, you might change your view. It’s perhaps safe to say he’s isn’t universally liked or respected by those who have dealt with him. I admit, he comes across well on the radio

Oh, I don't doubt for one moment he's probably capable of being a grade A bell. 

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Doubt Simon Jordan would be interested in a job at a League 1 club in some Northern city.

Sort of bloke who wants to be his own boss not answer to anyone else especially someone like Chansiri.

Mother of his baby lives in a Northern City with a team in League One I believe ??

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Really?...have you ever taken a look at their accounts?

33 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No, are they are bad as ours?

Actually last year they reported a loss of £3.5 million in 19-20. That didn't include the fee for Toney which will be in the accounts for 20-21.

I always enjoy listening to MacAnthony's 'The Hard Truth' podcasts. He talks a lot of sense and has his head screwed on re running a football club.

Here is a recent episode in which he talks about Peterborough's losses last year and this years likely losses due to covid and how he plans to deal with it. 

That particular part is at 26 mins 45 secs in

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ep44-darren-moore-marcus-evans-fai-and-more/id1503576021?i=1000512355319.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I always enjoy listening to MacAnthony's 'The Hard Truth' podcasts. He talks a lot of sense and has his head screwed on re running a football club.

Here is a recent episode in which he talks about Peterborough's losses last year and this years likely losses due to covid and how he plans to deal with it. 

That particular part is at 26 mins 45 secs in

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ep44-darren-moore-marcus-evans-fai-and-more/id1503576021?i=1000512355319.

Discusses club owners 19 mins 50 secs

He also talks about Darren Moore, 23 mins 30 secs

Interesting his take on other clubs scouting his players 38 mins 50 secs

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ep44-darren-moore-marcus-evans-fai-and-more/id1503576021?i=1000512355319

If we’re going for an opinionated loud mouth from talk sport let’s get Adrian Durham. He’s taken one less club into administration than Jordan and I always find it hard to trust a guy who takes more time on their appearance than the Mrs. 

If Jordan was that good a chairman he’d be doing it, he’s not so he isn’t. A bit like Gary Neville as a manager. Or are we to believe Talk Sport pay presenters better than big clubs pay DOF/Chairmen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Doubt Simon Jordan would be interested in a job at a League 1 club in some Northern city.

Sort of bloke who wants to be his own boss not answer to anyone else especially someone like Chansiri.

Exactly this.