2 hours ago, unkastav said:

I wasnt joao’s biggest fan I’ll admit and proven wrong ( didnt moan about him on here though😃)

antonio wanted out by the end..... and we got shafted as usual

He didn't want out. He told me the opposite. The deal was arranged and he was told that he had been sold to forest

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I am more than happy to watch his progression, see his stats and see how he progresses
He seems to be doing amazingly well this seasoon

all amazing players get snapped up by the premier league at some point unless your utd and get brewster 😃

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
28 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Lucas Joao was always a hot talent, just a shame that many on here didn’t see it. Had all the attributes to be a top player. Just that mental application that let him down but he seems to got over that now.

If you were born in war torn Angola i fear like most of us youd have a few problems.

And maybe the problem also was our clubs management , especially for those in a foreign  land with various cultural clashes.

Sergiu Bus certainly said this was so during this period.

Guest Bulgaria

Surprised Wolves didn't sign him when they lost their top scorer through injury as they seem to have many Portuguese in their squad.

He would be a revelation in the premiership, for a year or so, then fade away. IMO.

Absolutely nailed on to score today.

At 11/8 it's worth a few quid.

£7m plus a reported selling on fee was good business to be fair.

The reason we’re up shít creek sans paddle (or boat) is because we haven’t sold more players for those kinds of fees when they were at the peak of their value (e.g. Reach or Forestieri) and instead allowed them to run their contract down and leave for nowt, rather than taking the profit and reinvesting in young players with potential to sell on for a profit and so on.

That sounds a lot like having a sensible business model though, and we don’t do that kind of thing around here

• Like 2
  • Love 1