32 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Gutted when he left, felt the same when Antonio left, its the Wednesday Way I guess

I wasnt joao’s biggest fan I’ll admit and proven wrong ( didnt moan about him on here though😃)

antonio wanted out by the end..... and we got shafted as usual

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Forest got Antonio for £500.000 or less? How much is he worth now? Was on brink of England call up

I think it was around £1.5m.

Either way, it was just a light-hearted comment about 'the Wednesday way'.

Selling players (for any kind of fee) has hardly been our modus operandi in recent times.

• Like 2

Sometimes players need a fresh start to kick on as well though. I think he had reached what he was going to at us. He needed a move. 

Only have to look at the Loovens podcast about his time keeping etc, sometimes fresh environment, new team to impress, out of your comfort zone and you can kick on to another level and raise your game. 

He's done that. At least we got a decent fee for him. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think it was around £1.5m.

Either way, it was just a light-hearted comment about 'the Wednesday way'.

Selling players (for any kind of fee) has hardly been our modus operandi in recent times.

We actually got a good deal with Antonio in the end as I’m sure we got about 2.5 in add ons when he went to West Ham, no way was he worth over 4 million at that point he did the same at forest that he did at us started off well but then fell away when they did. However West Ham took the punt and it payed off he’s done very well there. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Sometimes players need a fresh start to kick on as well though. I think he had reached what he was going to at us. He needed a move. 

Only have to look at the Loovens podcast about his time keeping etc, sometimes fresh environment, new team to impress, out of your comfort zone and you can kick on to another level and raise your game. 

Trouble is we don't seem to be getting better players in to replace these gems, hence the direction we're going now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

We actually got a good deal with Antonio in the end as I’m sure we got about 2.5 in add ons when he went to West Ham, no way was he worth over 4 million at that point he did the same at forest that he did at us started off well but then fell away when they did. However West Ham took the punt and it payed off he’s done very well there. 

So he's worth a few more Bob then 15 mil? 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He scored 16 goals for forest playing on the wing and was sold after a season for 7 million. 

No way was selling him for 1.5m the season before a good deal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Joao had the lot just lacked consistency.

Maybe it’s more of a case of needing time to mature, improve and find that consistency than needing a fresh start.

Strikers tend not to hit their pick until their late 20s.  The way he’s going he’s going to be one hell of a player at 28.

• Like 1