Do fans really make a difference?

It's a funny one. 

I did think we might miss the away support. 

On the other hand not so long back we had our best home run for about 6 years. ...In am empty ground.  Considering our home run previously I was starting to think we might be better playing all our home games in an empty ground! Perhaps they don't feel the pressure when there's no fans rattling about.

Then we dip again.

And I realise we just have a poor team 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Do people think we would have more points if we had fans in the stadium this season? Would it make a difference overall ? Even 3 extra points would have made a massive difference this season.

But then wouldn’t fans make an extra 3 point difference for everyone? So in reality we’d still be up the creek!

What all this has put to bed is that “the fans are to blame” stuff when the crowd is quiet or groan at a bad pass. Whilst it probably doesn’t help, they’ve shown they’re equally incapable in front of 40,000 blue seats. 

So in a nutshell, the fans can only add something rather than take it away 

• Like 1

Having watched us for 60 years , fans definitely make a difference, some players thrive on it and push them on that big extra , while others struggle , freeze and cant cope with it. Fans are an integral part of football, they play a massive part in the game, otherwise we may as well continue playing in empty stadiums. When hillsborough  is rocking, there is nothing finer and I have seen our players even the most average give them that extra energy that playing that cant be replicated in its current form. We definitely miss our fans.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

As others have said it was supposedly the fans that were causing the bad performances, laying into players etc

Could just be that the majority of 20k fans each week arnt actually that wrong 

Thats a total myth, our fans are more patient and encouraging then negative. 

• Like 1

obviously its a plus if you have the fans on your side but dont think it helps much if the players arnt good enough .......the support at wembley 2016  couldnt have done more  but didnt do us any good did it . ......going further back the support was fanatical in 74 -75 and look how that turned out ........