Really good from Moore

19 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

Has a reyt job on his hands and there is going to be pressure on him at some point.

Just wished we got him in two months before because I feel its now too late....clearly Chansiri was holding out for Thompson.

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest Therealrealist

Must admit whenever I start a new job I try and find out everybody’s name...better than calling them ‘mate’ or ‘love’ 👍

I honestly think he could be the bloke to sort us out.

It's not going to happen overnight and I think his arrival is a bit late in the day to sort us out this season. 

But he seems positive and I've got a good feeling about him

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Must admit whenever I start a new job I try and find out everybody’s name...better than calling them ‘mate’ or ‘love’ 👍

I had so many men work for me over the years that I couldn't remember their names, so I syarted remembering FACES. I ca still pass and speak to men in the stret, and remember where they worked, an their faces, but names? I can scarceky remember my own.

17 hours ago, Blatter said:

Taking time to do the right things to bring the club together is a good way to start.

I really hope we have a manager who will scrape together enough good results to buy himself time to build something for the future. I honestly believe it’s a five year job to turn this around. Relegation looked  certain by the time he arrived so he shouldn’t lose his job if that happens. It will not be his fault. He should have been appointed during the transfer window, as soon as Pulis was fired to give him a fighting chance of staying in the Championship.

I wouldn’t have been at all surprised if we were talking to him in January. The Bruce thing was on the go ages before Luhukay left. Bruce was chatting to Newcastle before they made the formal approach etc. It’s just a surprise how long it took to take him. Perhaps there were others we wanted but the quarantine situation was problematic. 

Anyway, I think DM is still relatively unproven. But whether it is him or someone like Lowe, it’s clear what their ideas are and they tick a few boxes on the personality/youth front and they need time to implement it. If I’m honest though there probably isn’t that much difference to Monk (on paper) who I think could get a club like Doncaster doing well. But the results spoke for themselves.

18 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

“Hi Gaffer my name is Liam Shaw, but you can call me Celtic to make life easier”

”Hi Gaffer, my name is the footballer formerly known as Jordan Rhodes”

”Hi Gaffer my name is Barry Bannan, but the fans call me Bannon because they have trouble with spelling”

”Hi Gaffer,  my name is Liam Palmer, son of the ex-owls legend Carlton” 

And so on 

This is my favourite post of the week.

Do some more! 

I might send him my sticky label maker to help him out when he gets to the tricky ones. Tim Lees and ‘Urogreedy’ seem to trip a lot of people up! 

The thing the bloke really needs is a nice big can of ‘Turd Polishing Spray’. Maybe even a drum of it and an airless spray gun?

Welcome to Hilsborough Darren! 👍

18 hours ago, Blatter said:

Taking time to do the right things to bring the club together is a good way to start.

I really hope we have a manager who will scrape together enough good results to buy himself time to build something for the future. I honestly believe it’s a five year job to turn this around. Relegation looked  certain by the time he arrived so he shouldn’t lose his job if that happens. It will not be his fault. He should have been appointed during the transfer window, as soon as Pulis was fired to give him a fighting chance of staying in the Championship.

DC needs to go already but if he sacks Moore if we get relegated then he's not just incompetent he's stak staring mad.

We were effectively down the day after the window closed. That's on DC not the manager.

I get a warm feeling about this man. 

Whether he's got what it takes to turn us around (in this season or the next) I don't know.

I think the top managers in World football, Simeone, Klopp, Gaurdiola would all struggled to sort out this football club.

Especially with one hand tied behind their back. 

Scrap that. With both hands tied behind their back!

It's a gargantuan task, much of which is beyond the managers remit, but also, sadly entwinned with it.

I hope he succeeds because I like his attitude and his positivity.

Of course , all new managers come in and say the right things. Give the platitudes.

But I felt at his opening press and the other bits and pieces that with him the positive vibes are genuine.

I think he does believe. I think he is a chap filled with positive energy.

Whether that is through his faith or he's just one of lifes up and at em "We can do it" sort of blokes I don't know.

I do believe he's 100% genuine in his positive energy and does think he can do something here.

I hope he does. IF he does, we all benefit. Including the owner. 

It's one hell of a task though. One hell of a task. In this division or the next.

He'll need every ounce of his soul to get this old tank moving in the right direction again.

And, it would be no surprise to see him fail. (This club isn't set up to help any manager succeed)

But if he does... it won't be for the lack of effort, input and hard work.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest Bulgaria
18 hours ago, Shelley Owl said:

Get a good start and maybe...lose the first couple and would fold like a cheap suit 

Is it available in the owls megastore?

I just don’t get all the optimism over DM. Yes he seems like a nice guy who will try hard but he’s a very inexperienced manager with a short track record - 120 games is hardly much to go on.

Doncaster finished 6th in the season before he was appointed and in his first season they fell 3 places to 9th. So he inherited a playoff level squad and has just about held his own. He has zero track record of turning a club like ours around. 

Therefore at best this is a huge gamble on someone whose managerial CV shows no demonstrable results in situations like ours. 

Sorry, much as I’d love him to succeed, I think he’s the latest in line of very poor appointments by our Chairman. As always, time will tell and I hope I’m wrong but I have to go with my head.

Edited by Daz