Really good from Moore

56 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Flying somewhtin the face of the stats which show our defensive record not being too bad this season  I do think we need to stop the goals going in.

Eight goals conceded in the last three games.

Unless we can change this we will pick up few points.

Some may remember Big Jack's first few games at SWFC when he put all the focus on being hard to beat.

In time he was able to add goal scoring with the McCullogh and Curran front two

Isn't that what Pulis was trying to do? Torn a new one on here but the reality is we haven't got a good enough group of players with big gaps in key positions.

The only thing that has made our squad stand out is the money they are on and the value we get from them. Hard to imagine which of our current players would get a regular first team start at any other Championship Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I pray to god he can do the job here

I really don't want to see an exciting young upcoming manager who's also a top bloke ruined and abused by our fans

I think in this case, 99.9% of fans will see if he fails it’s completely not his fault. Anyone who doesn’t must be an ostrich

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

If we keep losing games like a very winnable game on Wednesday night the pressure will soon build.

I want Moore to succeed which is why even a draw would have been OK for him if not for our survival chances.

All season we have played 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 (under Pulis) and I would return to three centre backs with two wing backs formation.

Survival looks highly unlikely but we still need to pick up a few points or the vultures will be circling and you never know what Chansiri might do.

F**k me, I knew times were harsh, but I didn't think people would be pining for the return of Pulisasaurus's 9-0-1 formation.

We've been bloody awful all season. That's why we're 23rd and lowest scorers in the league. Maybe we should try doing something different for a change?

“Hi Gaffer my name is Liam Shaw, but you can call me Celtic to make life easier”

”Hi Gaffer, my name is the footballer formerly known as Jordan Rhodes”

”Hi Gaffer my name is Barry Bannan, but the fans call me Bannon because they have trouble with spelling”

”Hi Gaffer,  my name is Liam Palmer, son of the ex-owls legend Carlton” 

And so on 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

“Hi Gaffer my name is Liam Shaw, but you can call me Celtic to make life easier”

”Hi Gaffer my name is Barry Bannan, but the fans call me Bannon because they have trouble with spelling”

And so on 

Post of the day

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

We have really set the bar low if a new manager learning the players names is a good thing lol

Thank god Daves gone. 

About 2 weeks worth of worth learning that one 

• Haha 1

Taking time to do the right things to bring the club together is a good way to start.

I really hope we have a manager who will scrape together enough good results to buy himself time to build something for the future. I honestly believe it’s a five year job to turn this around. Relegation looked  certain by the time he arrived so he shouldn’t lose his job if that happens. It will not be his fault. He should have been appointed during the transfer window, as soon as Pulis was fired to give him a fighting chance of staying in the Championship.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Flying somewhtin the face of the stats which show our defensive record not being too bad this season  I do think we need to stop the goals going in.

Eight goals conceded in the last three games.

Unless we can change this we will pick up few points.

Some may remember Big Jack's first few games at SWFC when he put all the focus on being hard to beat.

In time he was able to add goal scoring with the McCullogh and Curran front two

Westwood being unavailable hasn't helped with that. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I really don't want to see an exciting young upcoming manager who's also a top bloke ruined and abused by our fans

Sadly, no manager will succeed at Swfc with DC and Paxo running the club. It would take an amazing manager to succeed when you consider the absolute incompetence and atrocious leadership from those two. If DM succeeds it will be in spite of them.  I wish him well, I really do. However,  I have a feeling he'll be gone at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

If by nice you mean humble then yeah possibly. He has a lot to prove to himself as it’s only really his second job, wasn’t he caretaker boss at the baggies? 

Either way, its his biggest challenge and unfortunately one I think he will regret taking purely because there are no foundations in place to build anything positive. 

Suppose the only thing that might play in his favour, and there are several ifs, but if/when we do go down i can see him staying here. Chansiri generally speaking gives managers time - minus the pulis freak show, and also I think if we manage to hold onto some of our better players (i know there aren’t many), but you have to admit Bannan/harris and maybe reach would tear league 1 a new one. 

You would like to think that he would have a better chance of taking us back up than what he would at donny rovers. Then there is the question of another possible points deduction, rumours of which have been floating around recently. If we avoid that, we actually would be better placed than most clubs in league 1 to spend some money and re build.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'm.not sure about the Bannan/Harris/Reach would tear the league below a new one comment. I've made the mistake of thinking that in the past. A season like this really takes its toll on the mentality of certain players. Get a good start and maybe...lose the first couple and would fold like a cheap suit 

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

i really hope he is allowed to do the job without to much interference. Let him decide what players he wants to bring in, ones he wants to get rid of. Imo it’s about time the players took a massive share of the blame for our pathetic season rather than the manager. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

And so on 

Legend 

lol

• Like 1