Really good from Moore

Genuinely like the guy - maybe the nicest bloke we’ve had at the helm since Derek Dooley.

Only trouble is, if he has taken the job on the understanding he will keep us up, then he might be wasting his time learning names cos unless our lot can get a few points he will be gone before you can say “random continental coach to lead Owls out of League 1”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It'll be a miracle if he keeps us up, we're shot.

Not what we want to hear but he has to be given time and I don't mean until half time v Norwich.

He also needs to have an owner that either knows what he is doing, or is prepared to appoint those that do.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Genuinely like the guy - maybe the nicest bloke we’ve had at the helm since Derek Dooley.

Shouldn't we be worried that this is why Chansiri hired him?

• Like 1

Flying somewhtin the face of the stats which show our defensive record not being too bad this season  I do think we need to stop the goals going in.

Eight goals conceded in the last three games.

Unless we can change this we will pick up few points.

Some may remember Big Jack's first few games at SWFC when he put all the focus on being hard to beat.

In time he was able to add goal scoring with the McCullogh and Curran front two

Guest gizowl
52 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Must have met Kev the Owl then, Kev will be able to tell him what new players are coming in. 

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I pray to god he can do the job here

I really don't want to see an exciting young upcoming manager who's also a top bloke ruined and abused by our fans

You'd better log off then! lol.

I think he will be fantastic long term, and in a way If we are going down, which looks ever likely, I wish we'd just get on with it and let him try and build a young and hungry side who want to play good football, it has been a long time coming. A few results on the way would be nice as well!

• Love 3

51 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Only trouble is, if he has taken the job on the understanding he will keep us up, then he might be wasting his time learning names cos unless our lot can get a few points he will be gone before you can say “random continental coach to lead Owls out of League 1”

If by nice you mean humble then yeah possibly. He has a lot to prove to himself as it’s only really his second job, wasn’t he caretaker boss at the baggies? 

Either way, its his biggest challenge and unfortunately one I think he will regret taking purely because there are no foundations in place to build anything positive. 

Suppose the only thing that might play in his favour, and there are several ifs, but if/when we do go down i can see him staying here. Chansiri generally speaking gives managers time - minus the pulis freak show, and also I think if we manage to hold onto some of our better players (i know there aren’t many), but you have to admit Bannan/harris and maybe reach would tear league 1 a new one. 

You would like to think that he would have a better chance of taking us back up than what he would at donny rovers. Then there is the question of another possible points deduction, rumours of which have been floating around recently. If we avoid that, we actually would be better placed than most clubs in league 1 to spend some money and re build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we keep losing games like a very winnable game on Wednesday night the pressure will soon build.

I want Moore to succeed which is why even a draw would have been OK for him if not for our survival chances.

All season we have played 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 (under Pulis) and I would return to three centre backs with two wing backs formation.

Survival looks highly unlikely but we still need to pick up a few points or the vultures will be circling and you never know what Chansiri might do.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I pray to god he can do the job here

I really don't want to see an exciting young upcoming manager who's also a top bloke ruined and abused by our fans

When we go down this season no blame what so ever can be attached to Big Daz. 

• Like 1