10 minutes ago....

.....I decided to turn on the computer & find out the result...prior to that I'd chosen not to follow it live as I usually do, I thought cold turkey was best for my nerves in this massive six pointer situation.

Before turning on the computer I imagined what the worst scenarios could be, things like we'd played well but lost to a goal in the 90th minute, or we had a player sent off, bad ref decision, stone wall pen turned down etc etc etc....BUT, what met my eyes was probably the worst collection of calamities I think I might have witnessed in 60 years of following the Owls & there has, as we all know, been quite a few......it's staggering in it's brutality, it makes me wonder if there is intelligent yet dastardly design behind it....surely this is rock bottom now.

I cried in 1970 as a fourteen year old after we didn't turn up against Man City & went down.....it's been a long roller coaster ride since but I didn't cry on seeing this latest debacle, I laughed....out loud.....this can't be normal can it?

UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, qantas said:

.....I decided to turn on the computer & find out the result...prior to that I'd chosen not to follow it live as I usually do, I thought cold turkey was best for my nerves in this massive six pointer situation.

Before turning on the computer I imagined what the worst scenarios could be, things like we'd played well but lost to a goal in the 90th minute, or we had a player sent off, bad ref decision, stone wall pen turned down etc etc etc....BUT, what met my eyes was probably the worst collection of calamities I think I might have witnessed in 60 years of following the Owls & there has, as we all know, been quite a few......it's staggering in it's brutality, it makes me wonder if there is intelligent yet dastardly design behind it....surely this is rock bottom now.

I cried in 1970 as a fourteen year old after we didn't turn up against Man City & went down.....it's been a long roller coaster ride since but I didn't cry on seeing this latest debacle, I laughed....out loud.....this can't be normal can it?

UTO

Don't  worry, Moore just said the performance was good. 

3 minutes ago, qantas said:

UTO

This isn't even close to rock bottom.

Just think of this, we got rid of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Foriesteri etc...last summer and look who we signed to replace them.

Then try and imagine who we are going to sign this summer to replace the worst squad in our history.

I'll take staying up next season in League One!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debram said:

Don't  worry, Moore just said the performance was good. 

And was it?....I haven't recovered enough to get into the overall nature of the match...I seem to be just randomly giggling  every 8 or 9 minutes or so.

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I laughed.

As soon as the corner was cleared I said here comes the winner.

I cackled like a mad man.

The only surprise was they didn't score from the free kick a fe minutes before. We should have known that was the prelude to the main event.

• Like 3

I have to say, both Saturday and Tonight I just laughed.

When you think things can't possibly get any worse, they conjure up yet more inconceivable ways of not just losing games, but losing games against poor opposition (but still much better than us) 

Even though each match, the way of losing somehow surpasses the Previous match, you can just it coming, you don't know how they can continue to let you down in a bigger way, but you just know that somehow they will find a way.

I can't be believe I've been reduced to laughing at my Clubs continued ineptitude, but laughing's all they left me with. 

It's way past anger, or even apathy, it's just unbelievably laughable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, qantas said:

UTO

Are you aBunderberg swilling galah...man up lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I laughed.

I cackled at every 3 points from the boot of BB and Patterson - like watching Jonny Wilkinson pop em over.

24 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

This isn't even close to rock bottom.

Just think of this, we got rid of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Foriesteri etc...last summer and look who we signed to replace them.

Then try and imagine who we are going to sign this summer to replace the worst squad in our history.

I'll take staying up next season in League One!

I’ll tell you what winds me up, when they play the Fletcher song for crowd noise on Sky.

Get some manners ffs!

Edited by sonofbert2

That was a spectacularly bad last period and yes - it has elicited a strange feelings of absurdity and delirium 

We get a comedy own goal and for some reason both teams take a four minute time out to get ready for the grand finale - which Didn't disappoint.

In between giving away foul after foul including one by Liam Rambo Bambi Shaw just outside the box, DM thought it would be a good idea to take off the player on our side who could unlock their defence.

And then Izzy ....

As someone raised on the immortal chant of “oo it’s a corner” I will now have to reset that chant of 50 years with “Oo F it’s a corner”

cos this lot put their own goal at more risk than the oppos.

The finish by the Rovrum player was brilliant which at least means Wildsmith won’t have to change his name and address.

Small mercies on a night with huge implications. 

45 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I laughed.

How as a professional footballer that is tasked to take corners can you fail so miserably? 

Rubbish.

Just done a quick one to the tune of

The Laughing Policeman 

We have a comedy football squad

That's really up our street 

Every soddin football match 

They serve us up a treat

We're too kind to all our foes

There's just no need to frown

Cos everybody knows

The good old gifthorse is in town 

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

• Haha 1