Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

4 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Has anyone told him that there are people at the club who generally find out about how the youth players are getting on before the fans do?

I was just going to say.

Who is he trying to kid?!! With his track record of never listening to anyone, especially people who he has had in paid employment, to then repeatedly suggest he listens to a bunch of hoodlums (the fans), regarding major transfers and contract decisions, is just utterly farcical and gives some idea as to the kind of fog in his head!

Deary me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

" THE football club". This is the one that really gets up my nose!!

Probably because bloody Chris Wilder keeps saying it. lol

Football matches is worse... “ it my job to get the team winning football matches “

He hasn’t said that yet has he ? 
If he has then he should leave the football club.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Shaw broke into the 1st team last season under Monk. In the summer the club should have sat Shaw down and given him a 2 year deal on low money (in footballer terms) with the option of an extra year if the club decides. That way when Shaw kicked on this season, we now have an exciting young player who we know can be here until 2023 at the minimum.

"We wanted to do this, but his agent told us to wait, and now we know why. Hopefully the next agent we encounter will be more reasonable and won't tell us to wait. Also, if it was so obvious, why didn't any of the fans say this in the summer!?"

:Chansiri:

I heard from my people, some fans say why didn't we try to sign him last year or before. I believe no-one talked about him last summer. 

I suppose the last bit could have been referring to the first bit ?

Doubtful though.

Guest Hornsby

I detest Chansiri for destroying our club and community but this is a good appointment, in circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I detest Chansiri for destroying our club and community but this is a good appointment, in circumstances.

We will only know that at the end of the season , nobody knows if it's a good appointment yet ?

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, Watto said:

We will only know that at the end of the season , nobody knows if it's a good appointment yet ?

True mate. But what was alternative at present?

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

True mate. But what was alternative at present?

I'm not saying there was a better alternative , it's just u saying he's a good appointment , I'd say an ok one.

He had a good stab at keeping WBA up , got the favourites to win the championship into 4th before he was sacked and has done a decent job at Doncaster with a small budget , I don't think he's had enough experience yet to say he's a good or bad appointment.

DC didn't once blame the fans in today's press conference. Unless I've forgotten how saying no one talked about him (Shaw) is blaming the fans. 

People on here are very keen to make the most of anything and everything. Guys a moron who has put us on the brink of relegation but there's no need to effectively make things up.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, Watto said:

I'm not saying there was a better alternative , it's just u saying he's a good appointment , I'd say an ok one.

He had a good stab at keeping WBA up , got the favourites to win the championship into 4th before he was sacked and has done a decent job at Doncaster with a small budget , I don't think he's had enough experience yet to say he's a good or bad appointment.

This squad will relegate us.

We will have a small budget next season.

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

DC didn't once blame the fans in today's press conference. Unless I've forgotten how saying no one talked about him (Shaw) is blaming the fans. 

People on here are very keen to make the most of anything and everything. Guys a moron who has put us on the brink of relegation but there's no need to effectively make things up.

Funny how literally everyone else see's it differently from yourself 

Everyone else must have got it wrong then

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Go on

I wait for your sycophantic excuses for it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

How am I supposed to do my VAT return when there’s a bloomin new manager press conference!

Another wasted day!!

Quick update. I managed to get it done. I’m sure a great relief to everyone who was concerned. 

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Go on

lol

So no one at club recognised Shaws abilities till this season. 

Dont buy that.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Go on

lol

I havent watched the video but the quotes say no one talked about it. Fans or advisors. He's not wrong. And it might be coming from a bitter, stop ripping me apart place, but how is that BLAMING the fans?

I dont see how anyone can make that leap.

Just now, S6 Stroller said:

I think he needs to be told that stuff like this doesn't count as genuine interest... lol

Screenshot-(5)a.jpg

To be fair I sent him a cheeky offer of £50 for the club after the Luton game. I did say there was room for negotiation though. I assume he counted it in his ‘offers’ list. I’m going to up it to £200 now Moore’s on board. 

• Haha 1