Lee Mason. What a ********

Nero

He panicked, plain and simple. There's nothing to say that players have to be in position when refs blow the whistle and nothing to say refs have to wait for players to get into position. He's another ref who is useless. The fact that football makes so much money but the officials are so consistently poor is a disgrace. 

Refereeing needs an overhaul. 2 refs and 4 assistant refs covering a half of the field each sort of thing. All mic'd up to each other and var on standby. Make being an official an actual desirable job like it is in the NFL etc. Let them explain decisions both on the fly and post game. Take away the feeling that it's players versus refs. 

• Like 5

Instead of wanting more and more officials, cameras etc, which just means more possible different opinions, the players, managers and media should be instructed to abide by the 1 referees decision.

Accept his OPINION, because that is all any decision is, instead of questioning and micro examining  every little thing.

It's called having DISCIPLINE and worked well enough for over a hundred years previously. The authorities should crack down on dissent against the officials.

Goal line technology fine. Anything else no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Instead of wanting more and more officials, cameras etc, which just means more possible different opinions, the players, managers and media should be instructed to abide by the 1 referees decision.

Accept his OPINION, because that is all any decision is, instead of questioning and micro examining  every little thing.

It's called having DISCIPLINE and worked well enough for over a hundred years previously. The authorities should crack down on dissent against the officials.

Goal line technology fine. Anything else no.

You’ll have the same feelings towards our current situation then?

We should just accept the poo show we currently have wearing our shirt and, also accept the fact we have a megalomaniac running the club into the ground? After all, they don’t mean to make mistakes do they?

You get what you accept. The standard of officiating in this country is nothing short of pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, Night King said:

Talk me through how the pen wasn’t given in this Chelsea v Man U game. Nota clue what rules they’re applying. 

I don’t think it should have been a pen BUT, by the letter of the law it has to be. 

I don’t think Hudson Odoi deliberately plays the ball with his hand, Greenwood does, but, that’s afterwards. Has to be a penalty by the definition of the law.

Just now, 0wl18 said:

I don’t think it should have been a pen BUT, by the letter of the law it has to be. 

I don’t think Hudson Odoi deliberately plays the ball with his hand, Greenwood does, but, that’s afterwards. Has to be a penalty by the definition of the law.

Completely agree with you. No consistency what so ever. 

59 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

You’ll have the same feelings towards our current situation then?

We should just accept the poo show we currently have wearing our shirt and, also accept the fact we have a megalomaniac running the club into the ground? After all, they don’t mean to make mistakes do they?

You get what you accept. The standard of officiating in this country is nothing short of pathetic.

What has our current situation got to do with what I posted ?

Answer...........................nothing.

15 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

What has our current situation got to do with what I posted ?

Answer...........................nothing.

We criticise Chansiri for his poor performance as Chairman. 

Why can’t we criticise poor officiating? 

The principles are the same, what you’re essentially advocating is a shut up and get on with it. As fans, why don’t we do the same with Chansiri? It’s technically his club, not ours. 

15 hours ago, BIG D said:

That was a penalty. Seriously what is the point of VAR?

4A543A86-A27C-47CF-8CD5-4F4E1E702BBD.thumb.jpeg.508238242c51d0dc12d6812e4f8b3fd0.jpeg

Is there an argument to be had that Greenwood’s blatant attempt to play the ball with his arm, pushes Hudson-Odois hand towards the ball?

I’d like to think common sense prevailed in this scenario. Hudson-Odoi doesn’t intentionally play the ball with his hand, he doesn’t gain an advantage by his hand being in an unnatural position.