Joey v Hutch

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, woodys said:

Pelupessy is a terrible excuse for a championship level footballer gets in no team anywhere in the world ahead of hutch ffs silly thread 

Hutch at centre half...Penney and Izzy shudnt be anywhere near our 1st 11..joey p lookin after things in midfield

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Bully wer a bang average centre half who had a ball in him in every game in the third tier..but he had his photo took with loads er empty cans in Cardiff...hutch is 10x the player bully wer..,what as bully ‘contributed’ to swfc???

Captained the team to promotion, played in every position, cares about the club, stepped up after Carlos/Jos and Bruce left, would have been easy for him to say no.

I'd guess of all the people on the coach this evening, him and Nicky Weaver are hurting the most at that result.

Sam Hutchinson probably is a better player than he was, that wasn't the point. Ability is only half the battle.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pelupessy was generally ticking along nicely and playing just fine. Gave a penalty away and the idiots were out again for him and only him, regardless of who else played badly.

Hutchinson has, and always has, played his best football in defence. The back three system fits like a glove for him as he has a pass in him as well. 

We were stupid to change that.

Back three HAS to be Lees Hutchinson and then one of Oz or Dunkley. I wouldn’t want to drop Uroghide though as he’s done nothing wrong and been playing quite well, but then I think Dunkley is more experienced and also meant to be handy for a goal or two. 

Next game we have to go

Wildsmith

Uroghide

Lees

Hutchinson

Harris

Bannan

Pelupessy

Brown

Reach

Quite frankly the forward selection doesn’t really matter in the system we play, considering the options we have up there. They’re all on an equal playing field and have similar attributes, in that none of them are creating chances for themselves. Getting that midfield right is VITAL though for us staying up. I guess you play Windass as he’s got two today. I still would rather Rhodes play out of anyone but probs stick with Paterson as he got an assist. Again though. All means Jack if we don’t get the midfield right. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was a bit predictable Hutchinson with adrenaline pumping would have a good few games when he first came back.

But after about a month the 2 games a week would catch up with him and be far less effective.

Yep, he needs managing carefully with his past injuries and age now. 

He can't play two games a week in cm. 

That initial good form was always going to dip after the rest he'd had playing so few games this season. 

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Captained the team to promotion, played in every position, cares about the club, stepped up after Carlos/Jos and Bruce left, would have been easy for him to say no.

I'd guess of all the people on the coach this evening, him and Nicky Weaver are hurting the most at that result.

Sam Hutchinson probably is a better player than he was, that wasn't the point. Ability is only half the battle.

lol

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Pelupessy was generally ticking along nicely and playing just fine. Gave a penalty away and the idiots were out again for him and only him, regardless of who else played badly.

Hutchinson has, and always has, played his best football in defence. The back three system fits like a glove for him as he has a pass in him as well. 

We were stupid to change that.

Back three HAS to be Lees Hutchinson and then one of Oz or Dunkley. I wouldn’t want to drop Uroghide though as he’s done nothing wrong and been playing quite well, but then I think Dunkley is more experienced and also meant to be handy for a goal or two. 

Next game we have to go

Wildsmith

Uroghide

Lees

Hutchinson

Harris

Bannan

Pelupessy

Brown

Reach

Quite frankly the forward selection doesn’t really matter in the system we play, considering the options we have up there. They’re all on an equal playing field and have similar attributes, in that none of them are creating chances for themselves. Getting that midfield right is VITAL though for us staying up. I guess you play Windass as he’s got two today. I still would rather Rhodes play out of anyone but probs stick with Paterson as he got an assist. Again though. All means Jack if we don’t get the midfield right. 

He’s unbelievably poor at this level in midfield come on mate in pretty sure it’s not ‘the idiots’ only that think that haha

39 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So Hutchinson has contributed more to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club than Lee Bullen?

And you're accusing me of trolling?

Bullen loved it at Wednesday because he’d spent all his career before us playing at the lower levels of Scottish, Asian and Greek football.

And he was a great fit for the club at the time and no one could ever fault his work rate or desire to play for Wednesday.

But he was a very average footballer. Hutchinson was part of a side that made it to consecutive championship play offs, Bullen would never have been good enough to achieve that.

I remember the game in the 04/05 season when we lost 2-1 at home to Bradford City and Bullen gifted a last minute winner to Owen Morrison. The ball went to Bullen again after the restart and a lot of the crowd booed him. He showed some character to come back from that but he was never a great footballer

48 minutes ago, woodys said:

Pelupessy is a terrible excuse for a championship level footballer gets in no team anywhere in the world ahead of hutch ffs silly thread 

Bit harsh on Joey that. Hutch is the better footballer but he doesn’t have the legs to play in midfield twice a week anymore. The last few games he’s not had his usual influence and he looked knackered second half today  

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Bullen loved it at Wednesday because he’d spent all his career before us playing at the lower levels of Scottish, Asian and Greek football.

And he was a great fit for the club at the time and no one could ever fault his work rate or desire to play for Wednesday.

But he was a very average footballer. Hutchinson was part of a side that made it to consecutive championship play offs, Bullen would never have been good enough to achieve that.

I remember the game in the 04/05 season when we lost 2-1 at home to Bradford City and Bullen gifted a last minute winner to Owen Morrison. The ball went to Bullen again after the restart and a lot of the crowd booed him. He showed some character to come back from that but he was never a great footballer

Where have I said he was a great footballer? I'm aware of his ability, I watched him enough. One of the goals in the Play Off Final was on him.

That wasn't the point, the point was over the years he has contributed more than Hutchinson in my opinion.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

Where have I said he was a great footballer? I'm aware of his ability, I watched him enough. One of the goals in the Play Off Final was on him.

That wasn't the point, the point was over the years he has contributed more than Hutchinson in my opinion.

I’d say that’s debatable. He did it at a lower level than Hutchinson. We’d never have reached a championship play off final with Bullen in the side

6 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Bit harsh on Joey that. Hutch is the better footballer but he doesn’t have the legs to play in midfield twice a week anymore. The last few games he’s not had his usual influence and he looked knackered second half today  

Nah I don’t think so myself mate he’s well out depth.. no idea 

55 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I’d say that’s debatable. He did it at a lower level than Hutchinson. We’d never have reached a championship play off final with Bullen in the side

Aye, I'd agree that it's very debatable. We all know Bullen was limited but he was part of a team that helped us to promotion from League One and then beyond that to remain in the Championship for a few seasons. He served us very well and with plenty of heart but there's a limit to how far I'd let these achievements for what they are trump much greater quality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Without Joey starting we have achieved 8 points from 16 games.

He’s never been a championship midfielder, just because he does all the work that fancy Dan’s refuse to, or because he retains the ball with the highest passing accuracy of the club, or because we win more points when he plays.....footballs not about working hard, keeping the ball and winning points! I know what my eyes tell me! 

• Like 1

Hutch took 3 or 4 pretty heavy knocks from fouls that went unpunished, wondered if they resulted in his reduced mobility? If so shocking decision not to sub him but then Thompson is clearly just treading water until his incompetent selections get him the sack.

51 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

I do agree Hutch has looked better in defence but that stat isn’t really representative of the input these two players have. The recent form in particular where Joey hasn’t featured much has been a team capitulation, it’s not been down to any individual not functioning within their role. It wouldn’t have been fixed by moving some bodies around.

Ah right so when Pelupessy plays and we win it has nothing to do with Pelupessy. When Hutch plays and we lose it has nothing to do with Hutchinson but it’s the team capitulation.

No wonder Hutchinson is such a good player.