Joey v Hutch

I know Owlstalkers love a good set of stats and I think a few might choke over their evening tipple with these.

We have accrued more points this season when Joey has started compared to Hutch.

Joey 20 points from 14 games

Hutch 9 points from 9 games 

It's worse for Hutch when you look at games where Hutch has started in midfield with just 3 points from 6 games.

Maybe Hutch should be start in defence and Joey in midfield?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I know Owlstalkers love a good set of stats and I think a few might choke over their evening tipple with these.

We have accrued more points this season when Joey has started compared to Hutch.

It's worse for Hutch when you look at games where Hutch has started in midfield with just 3 points from 6 games.

That desperate we should try owt. 

39 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I'm surprised by how many points we have won with Joey starting but this is information that the club should have to hand and it has been pretty obvious that Hutchinson has been more effective in defence than in midfield since he returned. He looked knackered today and should definitely have been taken off.

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Therealrealist said:

I posted my team yday and it would have won imo...hutch centre half..joey p in midfield...no room for Penney or brown

And a front 3 of Patterson windlass and rhodes

Hutchinson should be playing in defence first and foremost.

He's quite simply better there.

As for Pelupessy, but for a horror show against Coventry away and a catastrophic penalty he needlessly conceded at Millwall, he's actually done quite well for us this season.

Hutchinson's passing was woefully off in the second half today, but otherwise it's not that he's been playing so obviously badly in midfield these last 5 games, but nor has he been excelling particularly but for a few moments dotted around in which he's put in some typically full-blooded tackles.

I just really hope Thompson sees sense and puts him back into the centre of a back 3. It's not just that he plays better himself there but he seems to bring solid performances from those around him too (so long, that is that we don't play Dunkley, who I just don't rate).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Without Joey starting we have achieved 8 points from 16 games.

To be fair some of those stats are a little misleading. For example he didn't start at Stoke and we lost. But he did come on with the score at 0-0 and we then went on to lose the game with him on the field. 

42 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The stats show that the team is more effective with Joey in the team than without. Maybe if Joey had a better midfield partner we would be in a better position.

Yeah, I think it goes without saying that if we had better players we'd be in a better position.

• Haha 2

After 40 minutes every second touch of Hutchinson's was a tackle...there was a chance for us early in the 2nd half  when we actually got bodies forward and a straightforward pass to Hutch was lost because he couldn't get to it and they nearly scored...he should have been taken off straight after that...I've nofucking idea why he wasn't

Edited by daveyboy66