LEAGUE ONE - AWAY DAY WISHLIST

49 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

League One looks like it could be strong next year. Could be over half the league that has competed in the premier league at some point. We will be down there for a very long time I reckon 😭

It's the ones that haven't competed in the Prem that scare me. Your Lincolns, Oxfords, Doncasters, Accringtons, Forest Greens etc are well run and forward moving clubs. They will thrive off beating us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

There’s zero enjoyment from playing in league one and visiting these shithole teams 

That’s so wrong, some of the best times to be had.  If it wasn’t for the spectre of Chansiri running the club into the ground I would almost be looking forward to it as a chance to rebuild a once proud club.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Down South said:

That’s so wrong, some of the best times to be had.  If it wasn’t for the spectre of Chansiri running the club into the ground I would almost be looking forward to it as a chance to rebuild a once proud club.

I don’t want my side in League 1, I never want my side in League 1. It was bad enough last time. Might be good for the peeps who enjoy pisss ups, but I go for the football and to see the team perform.

I want us at the highest level, and wouldn’t swap that for trips to Doncaster, Grimsby & Gillingham 

• Like 1

Some of best away days have been in league one. 

They'll be some new grounds to visit, Accrington, Fleetwood, Oxford and Wimbledon. 

They'll also be some good weekends away if they are weekend fixtures, at Blackpool, Plymouth and Fleetwood staying at Blackpool catching tram up to ground. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's the ones that haven't competed in the Prem that scare me. Your Lincolns, Oxfords, Doncasters, Accringtons, Forest Greens etc are well run and forward moving clubs. They will thrive off beating us. 

Good point. It's very depressing. I think Lincoln, Peterborough and Donny will go up though this season but yes the other teams will probably beat us.

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t want my side in League 1, I never want my side in League 1. It was bad enough last time. Might be good for the peeps who enjoy pisss ups, but I go for the football and to see the team perform.

I want us at the highest level, and wouldn’t swap that for trips to Doncaster, Grimsby & Gillingham 

There’s the difference, I go for a good day out with my mates and hopefully some decent football.  I wouldn’t choose relegation but it sure is coming and deservedly so.  What does concern me far more is the club’s future existence and the lack of pride I feel right now.  Even in the dark days of the 70s there was a certain pride to being an Owl in spite of it all, but that’s now being eroded by Chansiri.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

My dons..7000 tickets...great boozing in nearby fenny Stratford..and a subvert stadium...just hope it’s 1st game of season and not a grim Tuesday night in dec3mber

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Therealrealist said:

My dons..7000 tickets...great boozing in nearby fenny Stratford..and a subvert stadium...just hope it’s 1st game of season and not a grim Tuesday night in dec3mber

Mk

25 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Neil Mellor hat trick - remember it well, great day out 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Remember going there for FA Cup replay and losing - think it was January 2013 but can’t be sure.  Wow that was a cold night!!! 🥶

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Steve Down South said:

Remember going there for FA Cup replay and losing - think it was January 2013 but can’t be sure.  Wow that was a cold night!!! 🥶

Coldest night ever.....satdays a different day tho

38 minutes ago, Animis said:

Cambridge, providing they go up - never been to the city. Always liked a day out in Oxford and assume it will be the same.

Yes, Oxford and Cambridge are both good days out - yet to go to the Kassam Stadium though. Went to the Manor Ground a few times

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

MK Dons away was a cracking day out, all the better for the Mellor hat-trick!