Fans in on last game of the season

51 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Cheltenham festival going ahead in March 2020 now recognised as a disaster;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/20/virus-dispersion-hub-packed-racecourse-cheltenham-festival

Current variants transmit more easily than the original variant in march 20.

Until we have vaccinated all adults in UK, mass attendance events should not happen.

regards cheltenham and those pictures it would be similar to a packed bar with people packed together breathing towards each other , different from football seated outdoors . in general where people are packed close together there is big risks but i honestly dont think sat at a football ground in open air is a big risk its the other factors of getting to the ground in big queues or packed pubs/transport where the much bigger risks are but. either way just lets get the season fully open in august and just lets get on with life.  this has now been accepted by government but lets hope that its not going to be a big let down. 

Guest whowantstoberich
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

19182ED7-4F4D-433A-827A-FA7E3ED08582.jpeg

Will the Championship do the same?

To vote? 

Who the fizz do they think they are? They have been told they are allowed so there is nothing to vote on. Get the fans in.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just listened to 5 Live and they had some government bloke on saying there could be a vaccine passport that you'd need to have to get into sports from now on

To get into future Wednesday matches? 

We want to be encouraging people to take the vaccine not discouraging them.

Guest whowantstoberich
5 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I'm sick of people taking the 'from' dates as set in stone iron clad guarantees.

If even major organisations like the PL are doing it, its no wonder Joe Public is getting carried away.

Regardless though, won't our final game be like a month before the earliest possible date?

I am sick of people getting into a meltdown that we actually might be allowed back to normality. 

So many people have got some weird buzz out of having the country locked down.

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

Championship play offs won’t miss cut off will they? 

Not the final at least.

So all we need to do is make the playoff final.

Simples

In all seriousness though, given that Wembley is hosting a lot of the Euros, it might be sensible to run trial events through the playoff weekend, assuming the data allows the 'from' date to be hit.

Maybe even reverse the ridiculous decision to play the FA Cup final before the last PL games so they can trial with that too.

Not exactly eager to see full stadiums, but a maximum of 10k in a 90k stadium doesn't sound too bad.

4 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

I am sick of people getting into a meltdown that we actually might be allowed back to normality. 

Fair enough.

Maybe I am one of those people. I thought I was looking forward to things getting back to some form of normality but I must have misread myself.

Thank you for putting me straight.

But still, this selfish doom mongerer can't help but worry that there will be too much pressure to open up regardless in the (hopefully unlikely) event that the numbers go South.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Fair enough.

Maybe I am one of those people. I thought I was looking forward to things getting back to some form of normality but I must have misread myself.

Thank you for putting me straight.

But still, this selfish doom mongerer can't help but worry that there will be too much pressure to open up regardless in the (hopefully unlikely) event that the numbers go South.

I just meant in general there is so many moaning about having just basic normaility back. 

We have a vaccine now, if things go south again we will have to deal with it, you can’t lock the country down every year.

1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

yer got to agree with you. life for 12 months has been work sleep work sleep walk dog , id sooner not bother if thats what the future was . 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just listened to 5 Live and they had some government bloke on saying there could be a vaccine passport that you'd need to have to get into sports from now on

i bloody hope not , football like other business is going to have a job getting back people , ie cinema which charge rip off prices and attracts a younger crowd a good amount of that age group and lots of woman in the thinking about having a baby group wont have the vaccine. im thinking the reason they are even discussing vaccine passports to enter places is to push the younger group into having the vaccine as if you ban someone from entering pubs,eating places ,cinema ,football etc then they would end up getting banned from shops,trains etc etc , whether you or anyone agrees or not its going down a very dangerous path towards control etc.  i totally get this for airline travel though i think thats a certainty and it would be criminal to open our borders up until most of the world is vaccinated and those countries have a low infection rate.  most younger people though want to be able to go on holiday so i think the uptake might be quite high. 

• Thanks 1